Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/pdfs/UnderstandingDifference3-508.pdf

Surgical masks:
Does NOT provide the wearer
with a reliable level of protection
from inhaling smaller airborne
particles and is not considered
respiratory protection
Define "reliable,"
and
Understand the difference between droplet and airborne.

You can also go back in this thread and read the links I provided from medical studies that showed surgical mask efficacy in reducing spread during other respiratory droplet infections.

Let me put this in manner a layperson should be able to understand:
Given a choice of social distancing of 3 or 6 feet, which do you choose ?
Is either distance "reliable" ?

Raise your hand if you have NOT been to the supermarket in the last 10 days? Are you going this weekend?
I haven't. Getting meal kit delivery and Whole Foods delivery.
If we can all count on our fingers all the people we came near for two weeks then it seems like it should work. I'm not all that hopeful but there is no other choice.

i disagree. They already test the blood for infectious diseases, so adding one more shouldn't be an issue. the only difference is timing. It normally takes a few days for them to screen the blood, so don't expect results anytime soon.

I understand your thinking. My point is different.

blood banks do not want to have donors show up that are in effect using blood donation as a way of testing for disease. They are very careful about this in my experience. If a donor has any suspicion that they may be ill they will usually be waived off.

There have been some tragedies in the blood banking efforts in the past. It may be that the blood bankers like EM’s suggestion but I doubt it. It seems like a good idea at first blush but ...

Or a testing rate somewhere between Spain and Germany...

that's not a 3rd option, low testing rate is a cause for one of the two options I mentioned.

France still has a either an abnormally high death rate or an abnormally low infected rate.

Note: I mean as displayed in the table, not in number of people that are actually infected.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/upload_2020-3-31_22-44-54-png.528159/

The fact that they remain anomalous in that table should earn them a mark with footnote or a different color row to highlight how bad those numbers are compared to reality or compared to other countries (either way via insufficient testing or high death rate).

Last edited:
Yes indeed, and different people will have varying amounts of zinc in their system based on their diet. Supplementing with zinc removes that variable. Here's a chart (from Office of Dietary Supplements - Zinc) that shows typical dietary sources of zinc. What it looks like is that if you eat meat or dairy, you'll have a reasonable amount of zinc in your body.

View attachment 527887
Thanks for this information. However, remember that zinc is literally everywhere, but that doesn’t necessarily correlate with cellular concentration. Every galvanized heating duct spews more zinc than your body can realistically incorporate. First, zinc needs to be chelated to be incorporated into your body, then it needs to be passed into the cells using an iodophor transport mechanism. Adding more zinc “may” help, but it’s not the only thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cosmacelf
I haven't. Getting meal kit delivery and Whole Foods delivery.
If we can all count on our fingers all the people we came near for two weeks then it seems like it should work. I'm not all that hopeful but there is no other choice.
Lol....how do you think all that Whole Foods stuff got in the bags? Someone that's been roving around a supermarket 8 hours a day for this entire pandemic touched every single item, and then you brought them into your house. That's like sharing a beer at a bar with an ER nurse.

Going to Whole Foods would probably be better.

that's not a 3rd option, low testing rate is a cause for one of the two options I mentioned.

France still has a either an abnormally high death rate or an abnormally low infected rate.

Note: I mean as displayed in the table, not in number of people that are actually infected.

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/attachments/upload_2020-3-31_22-44-54-png.528159/

The fact that they remain anomalous in that table should earn them a mark with footnote or a different color row to highlight how bad those numbers are compared to reality or compared to other countries (either way via insufficient testing or high death rate).
I'm still not understanding.
France has almost exactly double the deaths and double the number of cases as the UK? Is the UK also abnormal?
Everything is a function of the true number of cases, testing and the severity of the outbreak in that country. All three are different for different countries.

Lol....how do you think all that Whole Foods stuff got in the bags? Someone that's been roving around a supermarket 8 hours a day for this entire pandemic touched every single item, and then you brought them into your house. That's like sharing a beer at a bar with an ER nurse.

Going to Whole Foods would probably be better.
That's not what scientists say. I think I'll trust them over you. No offense.
If it's going to spread through our food system we're all going to get it anyway.

Reactions: bkp_duke