Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The talk is to put more restrictions in place before letting the economy restart. Listen to Congress and the California Governor's comments.
I'm not a hundred percent convinced this is a good thing for the EV industry. We will off-load even more to Asia as more companies do what they have to in order to survive.

Send your EV production to singapore or australia. We still keep schools and business operating during what others call lockdown.

(Now if only we still had car factories, scratch that idea)

Frantic searcher here. My wife is a retail pharmacist, and she showed symptoms of a fever and cough yesterday and I've had to nurse her, while working from home (a condo), with kids in tow. And no tests available to confirm/deny whether or not we're all infected. I couldn't drop the kids off with grandma/grandpa, because of the possibility of being asymptomatic carriers.

Not all of us (if you factor how many people work in healthcare, public safety, and the "essential businesses", AND the people who live with them, this number should be a significant fraction of the general population) can afford to take universal precautions.

Just pointing out that these people (the high risk groups) need to rely on our own immune systems or that magic bullet, because it's only a matter of _when_ we catch it, not _if_.
Hang in there. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

So the results from San Miguel County should be very accurate (though obviously not representative of the country at large). And of course you still have the issue of self selection unless a large majority of the population agrees to be tested.

They've gotten results from 986 tests, 8 positive, 23 inconclusive, 955 negative.
They want to test all 8000 residents except young kids. The incentives are wrong, though. Negative result wins nothing, positive result means 14 day quarantine.

These 986 were tested 3/26-27. They previously tested 645 first responders and families with 0 positives and 2 inconclusive. So the total is:
1631 tests
1598 negative (98%)
25 inconclusive (1.5%)
8 positive (0.5%)
If I as a young(relatively) healthy male walked up to a hospital and said I have coronavirus and exhibited moderate symptoms, I would be told to go home and isolate. I would not be included in the count of cases.
Maybe not in Philly, but you could probably get tested in TX and many other places. You'd be lower priority than health workers, first responders and older/vulnerable patients, but they seem to have enough tests for anyone with symptoms.

• Informative
Reactions: Daniel in SD
Frantic searcher here. My wife is a retail pharmacist, and she showed symptoms of a fever and cough yesterday and I've had to nurse her, while working from home (a condo), with kids in tow. And no tests available to confirm/deny whether or not we're all infected. I couldn't drop the kids off with grandma/grandpa, because of the possibility of being asymptomatic carriers.
Any loss of taste ? That seems to be a leading indictaor ...

Wife suggests most people aren't dying from Covid, but instead are dying with Covid. This is expressing that most people have other issues and Covid is the last straw.
We are all going to die. And it's always that pesky last straw...
I guess the question is, how heavy a piece of straw is COVID-19? looks pretty heavy.

Not all of us (if you factor how many people work in healthcare, public safety, and the "essential businesses", AND the people who live with them, this number should be a significant fraction of the general population) can afford to take universal precautions.

Just pointing out that these people (the high risk groups) need to rely on our own immune systems or that magic bullet, because it's only a matter of _when_ we catch it, not _if_.

Thoughts and prayers with her for a speedy recovery, regardless of what virus it may be.

Your link goes nowhere.

EDIT - googled, and found the article. As stated previously, NO DATA. I don't trust anyone, I want to see the data for myself.

If France is that confident, they should release the data, even if preliminary.

Thanks for the heads up. I have corrected the link in the initial post and I offer a corrected link here, too:
Debate Ends Over Chloroquine as France Officially Sanctions Usage

You are completely misrepresenting what's going on. Why not quote what the French government is actually saying?

I have no intention of hiding statements. I'm posting the link here so that others may read the article and decide for themselves. My goal is to have a calm, rational discussion about the subject. I value @bkp_duke 's opinions because he is a doctor and is expressing a viewpoint that is fairly widespread. I'm also asking for members of this thread to respect my viewpoints, because they were arrived at after seeing the top medical decision makers in France, Italy, and Spain giving the go ahead to use this treatment for Covid-19. One could argue that these countries arrived at their decisions because of the dire circumstances they are in. That's a valid point and a discussion could move forward on that point. Just please don't ridicule someone's viewpoint if it doesn't agree with your own. Feel free to offer evidence against it, but keep the discussion professional and civil, please.

A different view of the data from /r/dataisbeautiful/comments/fu56n3/oc_tracking_covid19_cases_deaths_death_rate_and/

ib0nd8cqlkq41.png

Call a chiropractor! This chart hurts my neck.

I’m choosing not to do it’: Trump says he will ignore voluntary CDC recommendation to wear a mask

‘I’m choosing not to do it’: Trump says he will ignore voluntary CDC recommendation to wear a mask

Just turned on TV and saw that was announced. News reported he said 17 times this was “voluntary”. News folk were discussing in light of the advice of the medical experts and him and his staff whether everyone standing behind him at the press conferences would be able to wear masks or not, that would include Dr.s Fauci and Birx.

Regarding "asymptomatic" cases, I assume this article will go viral in the denial circles. But just note that they are misinterpreting the Chinese data. I think something was lost in translation. I assume this article will be retracted.

Covid-19: four fifths of cases are asymptomatic, China figures indicate

Here are the details on what is actually going on with the data - it's not presented in the most clear fashion, but if you read it through a couple times, you'll understand how the original article authors got confused:

EUtZKVIXsAEoMrM.jpg

Last edited:
I'm also asking for members of this thread to respect my viewpoints, because they were arrived at after seeing the top medical decision makers in France, Italy, and Spain giving the go ahead to use this treatment for Covid-19.

So it seems you're at least not counting the USA/FDA even though they've also given a similar go-ahead to treat Covid-19 with HCQ. Probably because it's so transparently obvious that that one is a political decision rather than a medical decision.

Why do you not think the same type of thing happens in France, Italy and Spain?

• Love
Reactions: KG M3 and bkp_duke