Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey just a follow up. I did call the 888# and talked to someone there that confirmed my account profile was good
If your loan is secured by the vehicle and your state adds the lien holder to the title Tesla wants to set that up. In a pure cash deal it's not an issue so someone somewhere must think there's a secured loan. You can change your payment details at any time it just changes the details display. If you say 'loan' they'll likely ask how much and what institution so they can add the address to the paperwork and add a loan amount to your details. Otherwise they'll work from the loan check when they get it.

At least that's how it works in NY.

Reactions: Bluedog99
Having a requisite bourbon over ice as I ruminate over the fact the I still don’t have a VIN for my 5/31 order.

i’m beginning to think that all Tesla model Y‘s that are ordered on the last day of the month have to be made by virgins. that has to be the holdup! So many others around my OD have their cars already…

Does anyone know if registration is in my husbands and my name do I need to do the financing in both our names? His Honda Fit was in both our names but idk if it really matters?
Does not really matter except for bankruptcy, divorce, or estate planning (i.e. who owns the asset?). Also if you're financing, and one partner does not have enough income or has a high debt ratio, then both names could be in order. Best to ask a financial planner, your accountant, or even a lawyer.

Last edited:
Yup. Unfortunately [we cancelled the previous order]. I guess it’s the Tesla gods making me pay the price. Sucks to be honest. A car that can’t/won’t leave a SC/showroom for two weeks. What in the hell is wrong with it. Sucks.
I made the same mistake. Be sure to do the referral thing again. The referral for my original order didn't automatically carry over and by the time I could see that, they said it was too late to do a referral. Sometimes it feels like they are just looking for ways to nickel and dime you. BTW: A very kind soul here already gave me a referral so I feel I'm now even and don't need any more.

The delay in getting your inventory car is a big bummer. I don't know if this helps but it's good for me to remember that delays in a Tesla delivery are the ultimate first world problem.

Consistent with others, I'm back today from generic January to late Nov/early Dec.

Living within 20 miles of Fremont, hope springs eternal they decide to do a NorCal priority run sooner than later. No illusion I'll be part of the 3Q EOQ push, but certainly seems reasonable for 4Q.

Consistent with others, I'm back today from generic January to late Nov/early Dec.

Living within 20 miles of Fremont, hope springs eternal they decide to do a NorCal priority run sooner than later. No illusion I'll be part of the 3Q EOQ push, but certainly seems reasonable for 4Q.
I mean, I would be happy to fly into San Jose, pick up my car in Fremont, and drive it back home. Is that a thing? Can I get on a waiting list or something? A road trip up the Pacific Coast Highway wouldn’t be a terrible option for the first day or two of driving 🤷🏻‍♀️

My SA who I ordered it with at the Park Meadows store basically said, "Yup, you're screwed. And so are lots of his other customers."
Oh good grief. I’m sorry they’re being so unhelpful 🤦🏻‍♀️

Edited to add: maybe you can call someone at the Brentwood, TN Tesla Center and have them check for the soft match on their end—that’s where we got our soft date of 9/12. They’re kind of a customer service disaster, but once we actually sat down with an SA after the test drive, she appeared to be pretty knowledgeable and genuinely seemed to want to be helpful. I don’t see why they wouldn’t be willing to take a quick look in the computer if you explain your situation. Maybe you’d get something more than “general screwing”, lol as I feel that’s what we’re all getting right now 😂 Their number is (615) 661-8025 if you want to give it a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM