Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@BigTes , very soon. I'm attempting to complete smart charging testing to release both widgets and smart charging at the same time. Sorry for the delay, but I promise great strides in improvements in this next release!

@8XATL , thanks for stopping by, I plan to eventually expand to iOS once I implement the ideas I have in mind for Android first. iOS has limited capabilities compared to Android when developing special features so that has been a big driving factor to see Android realized first.

@GTIceman , good question. If I could just release this huge ass update already that would've been answered for you by the new hints / tips system. The lock/unlock button/logo indicates whether your vehicle is locked or unlocked. The security logo is actually a button as well and if you press it, it will tell you why it's deemed secure or insecure at the moment.

Currently, if you have any door open, you're unlocked, or your sunroof is open past 75% it will deem the vehicle insecure in the sense somebody could get in. I added that shield for my own peace of mind so I can know immediately at a glance whether I should be worried or not.

Sorry all for the delay, I'm making great strides everywhere while smart charging testing has been getting wrapped up. The control widget now supports a 3x1 resolution at the expense of the lights and horn button removed. And you'd be surprised just how many variables are at play when charging every night, it's a tricky business but I've slowly accounted for them all and you should see a release by Friday.

• Informative
Reactions: 8XATL and scottf200
<snip>
I'm making great strides everywhere while smart charging testing has been getting wrapped up. The control widget now supports a 3x1 resolution at the expense of the lights and horn button removed. And you'd be surprised just how many variables are at play when charging every night, it's a tricky business but I've slowly accounted for them all and you should see a release by Friday.
The smart charging feature will very like make me buy your app. Thanks for your hard and dedicated work.

Reactions: SG57
@GTIceman , good question. If I could just release this huge ass update already that would've been answered for you by the new hints / tips system. The lock/unlock button/logo indicates whether your vehicle is locked or unlocked. The security logo is actually a button as well and if you press it, it will tell you why it's deemed secure or insecure at the moment.

Currently, if you have any door open, you're unlocked, or your sunroof is open past 75% it will deem the vehicle insecure in the sense somebody could get in. I added that shield for my own peace of mind so I can know immediately at a glance whether I should be worried or not.

Makes a bit more sense now but the question I already know the answer to is regarding windows. I have had times where my driver rear didn't go fully up and I walked away. Car was listed as secured and locked but it wasn't secured. I know I know API limitation right.

If I have my door open or unlocked then I would think the lock would be open. Does the sunroof status logo show open if it is?

The shield is a good idea, but also might be a false sense of security. Again my 0.02 cents

@GTIceman , sadly passenger window statuses are not exposed through the API so I'm unable to get that information. The sun roof state is the only "window" available.

I believe you cannot lock your Tesla with a door or trunk open, so if a door or trunk is open then the lock should naturally be open due to this limitation.

The sun roof image itself does not change ever, but the sun roof state text immediately below all sun roof icons does indicating whether the state is open, closed, vented, comfort, or a set percentage %. Does that answer your question? Sorry if I misread.

I agree though that the shield could be a false sense of security given the fact I cannot check the window statuses. I'll add that as a disclaimer to the security info dialog.

@scottf200 , thanks! I can attest that it's nice during winter and single digits outside to have regenerative braking available every morning. I'm doing my best to ensure when it's available, it's as vetted and solid as possible. My testers and I have really ironed this sucker out.

Last edited:
@GTIceman , sadly passenger window statuses are not exposed through the API so I'm unable to get that information. The sun roof state is the only "window" available.

I believe you cannot lock your Tesla with a door or trunk open, so if a door or trunk is open then the lock should naturally be open due to this limitation.

The sun roof image itself does not change ever, but the sun roof state text immediately below all sun roof icons does indicating whether the state is open, closed, vented, comfort, or a set percentage %. Does that answer your question? Sorry if I misread.

I agree though that the shield could be a false sense of security given the fact I cannot check the window statuses. I'll add that as a disclaimer to the security info dialog.

Yes it does answer my question regarding the sunroof state, that is the behavior i expected, and you confirmed my one point regarding locked doors but also open doors/hatch. It just goes back to the point of the shield v lock because inherently the only thing triggering the shield being red, above and beyond the lock, is the sunroof based on my understanding. I like the shield don't get me wrong. Just an observation that it is almost redundant.

Thanks for a great app.

@GTIceman , never thought about it that way but you're 100% correct, the sun roof state is the only thing not represented in the lock state in terms of security. One thing I like about the security button is its ability to tell you why your vehicle is deemed insecure. If window states are ever exposed through the API it'll be a nice addition as well.

Reactions: GTIceman
@BigTes , very soon. I'm attempting to complete smart charging testing to release both widgets and smart charging at the same time. Sorry for the delay, but I promise great strides in improvements in this next release!

@8XATL , thanks for stopping by, I plan to eventually expand to iOS once I implement the ideas I have in mind for Android first. iOS has limited capabilities compared to Android when developing special features so that has been a big driving factor to see Android realized first.

Sorry all for the delay, I'm making great strides everywhere while smart charging testing has been getting wrapped up. The control widget now supports a 3x1 resolution at the expense of the lights and horn button removed. And you'd be surprised just how many variables are at play when charging every night, it's a tricky business but I've slowly accounted for them all and you should see a release by Friday.
Well, I love what I'm seeing from the app either way...and I'm tempted to buy the next version of the google pixel, so I may have your app soon enough. Best of luck and keep it up!

Hey all,

It's been nearly 3 months since my last worthwhile release, but the time has come.

A new version of Dashboard for Tesla is now available with the weight of a Model S worth of improvements, bug fixes, and 2 new worthwhile features - Widgets and Smart Charging.

-

widgets1.jpg

Widgets

A handy feature included with all access types that offers you quick and immediate access to the most useful vehicle controls and information right from your home screen.

You may have any number of widgets paired with any number of vehicles. Plus, all widgets are resizable and offer different functionality and information depending on the type and size.

Currently a Control widget exists, but a Charge widget is in the works. If you have a cool widget idea, pitch it here and let's go from there!

-

charge_upgrade2.jpg

Smart Charging

You can now have complete control over your charging schedule.

Smart Charging allows you configure charging locations such that charging will complete at your desired completion time while optionally respecting your off-peak time restrictions.

In other words, instead of scheduling when to charge, you schedule when charging should complete.

This just-in-time charge completion gives you a warm battery at departure (for regenerative braking in cold climates) and can save you money by restricting charging to off-peak hours only yet ensuring your battery is as charged as possible by your completion time.
  • Charge completion time is an approximation erring on completing a tad early
  • Inconsistent charge rates may delay charge completion
  • Smart Preconditioning or having the HVAC running may delay charge completion
  • Only 1 Smart Charging session may be active per location per vehicle
  • Smart Charging locations are accurate to within 10 meters
If you have any questions or need help surrounding Smart Charging, feel free to reply in this thread.

Requires your device to stay powered on, and requires both your Tesla and your device to maintain internet connection.

Smart Charging has been delayed more than I care to admit, but for good reason. It went through months of serious daily development, testing, tuning, and exploration to thoroughly vet this feature so you trust it with your Tesla's battery each and every night.

The real heroes that helped make this possible are @supratachophobia and @agw for testing this with me from the very beginning. I can't thank them enough, they've suffered through some awful experiences in testing and provided great feedback that ultimately sped up development and made the final product as reliable as it is.

I have a lot of respect for these guys and this awesome Tesla community that brings together such good people to make these things possible.

-

Other Changes
  • Added Battery Optimizations integration for when using background services on Marshmallow+ devices
  • Added pull-to-refresh on Home, Charge, Climate and Controls screens
  • Added a lot of tips and hints throughout the app to highlight useful behavior
  • Added "Data Collection" as a Speed Clocking scenario to freely collect data
  • Added KPH support for Speed clocking scenarios
  • Added 4 map display types to Location screen - Road Map, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain
  • All background services received a massive overhaul for increased reliability and performance
  • Added battery percentage to plug-in reminder notification
  • Better handling of known network errors with user-friendly descriptions
  • Sign-in activity's video no longer pauses active music playback
  • Added a what's new dialog on start-up
  • Added a highlight-circle around the charge port door when open
  • Added initial screen setting
  • Added "Forgot my password" link to sign-in screen
  • Bug fix: Passwords with semi-colons are now supported
  • A lot of other small improvements and bug fixes
-

What's Next
  • Charge Widget
  • Add day-of-the-week setting for various time settings (plug-in reminder, smart charging)
  • Automatic Behaviors
-

Try It Out

Use this code for full access for free Sunday-only: 5698
To enter an access code, press-and-hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds.

-

Thank you everyone for your support and patience, I'm not done yet!

Last edited:
Hey all,

It's been nearly 3 months since my last worthwhile release, but the time has come.

A new version of Dashboard for Tesla is now available with the weight of a Model S worth of improvements, bug fixes, and 2 new worthwhile features - Widgets and Smart Charging.

-

widgets1.jpg

Widgets

A handy feature included with all access types that offers you quick and immediate access to the most useful vehicle controls and information right from your home screen.

You may have any number of widgets paired with any number of vehicles. Plus, all widgets are resizable and offer different functionality and information depending on the type and size.

Currently a Control widget exists, but a Charge widget is in the works. If you have a cool widget idea, pitch it here and let's go from there!

-

charge_upgrade2.jpg

Smart Charging

You can now have complete control over your charging schedule.

Smart Charging allows you configure charging locations such that charging will complete at your desired completion time while optionally respecting your off-peak time restrictions.

In other words, instead of scheduling when to charge, you schedule when charging should complete.

This just-in-time charge completion gives you a warm battery at departure (for regenerative braking in cold climates) and can save you money by restricting charging to off-peak hours only yet ensuring your battery is as charged as possible by your completion time.
  • Charge completion time is an approximation erring on completing a tad early
  • Inconsistent charge rates may delay charge completion
  • Smart Preconditioning or having the HVAC running may delay charge completion
  • Only 1 Smart Charging session may be active per location per vehicle
  • Smart Charging locations are accurate to within 10 meters
If you have any questions or need help surrounding Smart Charging, feel free to reply in this thread.

Requires your device to stay powered on, and requires both your Tesla and your device to maintain internet connection.

Smart Charging has been delayed more than I care to admit, but for good reason. It went through months of serious daily development, testing, tuning, and exploration to thoroughly vet this feature so you trust it with your Tesla's battery each and every night.

The real heroes that helped make this possible are @supratachophobia and @agw for testing this with me from the very beginning. I can't thank them enough, they've suffered through some awful experiences in testing and provided great feedback that ultimately sped up development and made the final product as reliable as it is.

I have a lot of respect for these guys and this awesome Tesla community that brings together such good people to make these things possible.

-

Other Changes
  • Added Battery Optimizations integration for when using background services on Marshmallow+ devices
  • Added pull-to-refresh on Home, Charge, Climate and Controls screens
  • Added a lot of tips and hints throughout the app to highlight useful behavior
  • Added "Data Collection" as a Speed Clocking scenario to freely collect data
  • Added KPH support for Speed clocking scenarios
  • Added 4 map display types to Location screen - Road Map, Satellite, Hybrid, Terrain
  • All background services received a massive overhaul for increased reliability and performance
  • Added battery percentage to plug-in reminder notification
  • Better handling of known network errors with user-friendly descriptions
  • Sign-in activity's video no longer pauses active music playback
  • Added a what's new dialog on start-up
  • Added a highlight-circle around the charge port door when open
  • Added initial screen setting
  • Added "Forgot my password" link to sign-in screen
  • Bug fix: Passwords with semi-colons are now supported
  • A lot of other small improvements and bug fixes
-

What's Next
  • Charge Widget
  • Add day-of-the-week setting for various time settings (plug-in reminder, smart charging)
  • Automatic Behaviors
-

Thank you everyone for your support and patience, I'm not done yet!
Any plans for an iOS version?

Just got the smart charging upgrade
And now have to free up some space on the home screen for the widgets!
Thanks so much for the update
You delivered!!, Tesla didn't

Looks like SG57.. .. 1
Tesla App guys . .. . 0

One dumb question with smart charging
I've enabled my home location, do I also need to turn Tesla scheduled charging off?

So here is what I did for this after using it for a couple months, and your mileage may vary. I did not prefer to use the "stop charging feature" and instead set the car to do a scheduled charge at 6am (well after any normal schedule charge would start, but *just* in case the app failed, I wouldn't be out of luck). One of the other testers did the opposite and relied soley on the stop charge feature. His results were more sporadic in the early versions, but ended up being rock solid at the end, shortly before this latest release.

So, to answer your question, you do not need to turn scheduled charging off, BUT if you do, you'll need set the "allow stop charging" option so that the app the will stop the charge within 15min (@SG57, verify that please) of you plugging in the car, and the resume when the app schedule dictates.