Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need help with:

1. No widgets found, don't know how to add widget to my home page?

From your home page tap the screen long enough to get the option to add widgets. Find the widget for Dashboard and add it the size it as you wish. It will then show under the widget page of dashboard. The idea there is to allow those who have multiple Tesla to associate a widget with a specific one. If you only have one the association is made automatically.

2. Set up smart charging program to complete by 7:15am and its only 75% @ 7:30am.

Thanks
That is strange as there several protections to prevent overshooting the desired time. What are your setting? Did you manually set the mph?

Reactions: SG57
My test of Smart Charging worked reasonable. FYI, it was only to 80% (which is what I set/expected).

(Aside: it is called Travel because what I really want Smart Charging for is so when I am getting ready to travel the next day I want my X to charge to 100% right before I leave. My method before was to charge to 90% over night then a couple hours before I wanted to leave change the setting to 100% and keep manually adjusting the amperage in the car until it estimated the completion time to be about when I would leave)

dashboard test 2.png

FYI, the TED graph below on on my whole house and just not the charger.
Dashboard for Tesla.png

• Informative
Reactions: SG57 and idealsol
Use case problem: td;lr - after coming home from traveling I forget to change my charge level back to my normal daily setting and my car is then charged to 100% ... where I don't like to leave it for long!

Longer version: When I leave to travel some place I set my charge level to 100%. It typically stays at that setting throughout my travels. When I get home some days later it is generally after a long travel day. More then once I forgot to change my setting down from 100% to my normal daily setting. So I wake up an realize that my car charged overnight to 100% so then go for a drive or crank the heater in the garage or something to bring it down to at least 90% vs just leaving it at 100% until the next time I drive.

Question: @SG57 , Wonder if there could be some solution figured out for such travelers as I've heard this happen to various people.
One idea related to using the 'Set Charge Limit' -- MIN, STD, MAX, TRAVEL where TRAVEL would be the same as MAX (100%) but would revert to STD (90%) when you are gone from your 'home' address for more than 24 hrs. Just a off the cuff thought.

Question: @SG57 , Wonder if there could be some solution figured out for such travelers as I've heard this happen to various people.
One idea related to using the 'Set Charge Limit' -- MIN, STD, MAX, TRAVEL where TRAVEL would be the same as MAX (100%) but would revert to STD (90%) when you are gone from your 'home' address for more than 24 hrs. Just a off the cuff thought.

Another solution might be a user-definable alert, set to trigger every, say, 6, 12, or 24 hours whenever the charge level is set to 100%.

My test of Smart Charging worked reasonable. FYI, it was only to 80% (which is what I set/expected).

(Aside: it is called Travel because what I really want Smart Charging for is so when I am getting ready to travel the next day I want my X to charge to 100% right before I leave. My method before was to charge to 90% over night then a couple hours before I wanted to leave change the setting to 100% and keep manually adjusting the amperage in the car until it estimated the completion time to be about when I would leave)

Funny, because just last night I charged to 90% with the idea I'd top off today to 100% for a trip later today
The one thing I hadn't thought about was adjusting amperage to adjust charging time. Thanks!
Btw, tried smart charging last night for 1st time, it worked flawlessly

Reactions: SG57 and scottf200
@Andyw2100 & @scottf200 & @agw , fair points, always been a contentious point to show a notification no matter what so I'll add a setting so you must opt-in to receive a notification when plugged-in. You will still receive a notification if a service error occurs, such as no internet connection. I may still want to show a short toast when you are plugged-in, thoughts? This can be out in the release later today regardless.

@StefanSarzio , funny you mention that, I actually had token support for quite some time. I removed it a few months ago as it received exactly 0 usages for months and I started to run into annoying scenarios where the password was required (keyless driving command requires the password, one scenario this would now break is the widget if you used a token). I may still be able to add support back in for token sign-in, but it won't be in the release later today.

@scottf200 , I could certainly add a max charge limit reminder similar to the plug-in reminder, except instead of checking if you're plugged in it checks if your charge limit is set to max in which case it alerts you. Your thoughts?

@idealsol , great to hear! Here's to many more flawless nights.

@robz , how to add a widget to your home screen may vary depending on your device, but typically long-pressing on a blank space on your home screen usually pops up some sort of overlay that allows you to see the widgets available to place on your homescreen. If that doesn't work, try opening your app drawer where you can see all your apps and see if there is perhaps another tab for seeing all the widgets available. Let me know if you need anymore help.

And for your smart charging failure last night, sorry about that I ask you give it another try tonight once I get this update out later today with an important fix to smart charging.

-

Smart charging fix testing last night was excellent, I'll have an update ready here before end of day. I'm going to throw in the 1x1 charge widget if time allows so @Mattzilla can critique it :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Andyw2100
@Andyw2100 & @scottf200 & @agw , fair points, always been a contentious point to show a notification no matter what so I'll add a setting so you must opt-in to receive a notification when plugged-in. You will still receive a notification if a service error occurs, such as no internet connection. I may still want to show a short toast when you are plugged-in, thoughts? This can be out in the release later today regardless.
<snip>
@scottf200 , I could certainly add a max charge limit reminder similar to the plug-in reminder, except instead of checking if you're plugged in it checks if your charge limit is set to max in which case it alerts you. Your thoughts? <snip>
The max charge limit reminder is a very reasonable idea. Perhaps it was your wording but I think you would only want to send the reminder for max charge if you are *also* plugged in. Meaning, yes, another separate option but check that both things are true for that notification.

@SG57 , really and genuinely appreciate your app and responsiveness. It is so worth the price and I'm very happy to support you.

Last edited:
Reactions: SG57 and Andyw2100
The max charge limit reminder is a very reasonable idea. Perhaps it was your wording but I think you would only want to send the reminder for max charge if you are *also* plugged in.

I'm not sure you'd want the alert --only-- when plugged in. You'd then have a very short window in which to take action.

What if the alert could be set for every 6, 12, or 24 hours, as I suggested earlier, with an --additional-- alert that takes place once the car is plugged in, if it is still set to charge to 100%? That should cover all bases, especially if they are all user-configurable (on or off.)

@SG57 any chance this is coming in an IOS version?

Asked and answered:
@Drone Flyer , that's a fair question and wasn't a decision I made lightly, there were many factors.
  • Experience - I'm most proficient with Android development
  • Cost - iOS development is more expensive
  • Potential - Android has greater freedoms for ideas, look at the background services
  • Competition - iOS already had numerous 3rd party apps
  • Testing - I have a lot more Android devices lying around than iOS
  • Selfish Reasons - I use an Android as my daily (Pixel currently)
I understand there is a large iOS user-base that own Teslas, regardless the official Tesla Motors Android app has over 100k downloads and growing.

I plan to expand to iOS once I get the Android version fully realized with the ideas I have in mind with data logging, widgets, automatic behaviors, trip logging, and then some.

Reactions: BigD0g
I'm not sure you'd want the alert --only-- when plugged in. You'd then have a very short window in which to take action.
What if the alert could be set for every 6, 12, or 24 hours, as I suggested earlier, with an --additional-- alert that takes place once the car is plugged in, if it is still set to charge to 100%? That should cover all bases, especially if they are all user-configurable (on or off.)
I guess you would have to look at use case scenarios. I really like notifications based on exceptions that I would need to respond to. Otherwise people get numb to them and ignore them. I wouldn't want to be notified every day I am on vacation because I typically am set to MAX charge. Supercharging along the way and if I'm having a long lunch then I would charge all the way up.

Current:
PLUG-IN REMINDER
| [__] Notify if not plugged in at HH:MM
| [__] Honk Horn

@SG57 , New additional one could be something like this:

MAX CHARGE REMINDER
| [__] Notify if charge limit set to MAX at HH:MM
| [__] Only notifiy if also plugged in

Last edited: