Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dear Australian Tesla owners: Please don’t do this.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at Balgowlah shopping centre the other day.
They have two EV spots, with one Tesla charger.
There was already a Tesla parked and charging. I didn't park in the other EV spot, because there was a J1772 charger and I didn't want to be an inconsiderate a**hole like the OP mentioned.
I found a park and when I walked past the EV spots there was a second Model S parked in the other EV spot, not plugged in, and no one in the car.
Imagine being a Leaf or i3 or Outlander PHEV driver and seeing that? We have to educate our Tesla brethren...
Please photograph and publish.

In Bondi Junction Westfield EV charging space. The second Model X in one week in the same spot. The first one was mat black painted Model X. It’s really shows a lack of manners.

Attachments

• C0F9227E-4B7E-4B8D-8D2D-18ED50A3CEBB.jpeg
    C0F9227E-4B7E-4B8D-8D2D-18ED50A3CEBB.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 119
To be able to crack down on this, the signage first needs to be abundantly clear. A lot of signage kind of indicates the space is reserved for EVs and the 'charging only' is implied. Obviously it's a jerk move but some people need to be explicitly told otherwise or they take signage to be very verbatim,

I think the signage on the QLD electric highway is perfect, and should be widely adopted. (photo by user wilsilly Queensland Electric Highway)

fullsizeoutput_5cc-jpeg.265700

Reactions: Homer and baillies
To be able to crack down on this, the signage first needs to be abundantly clear. A lot of signage kind of indicates the space is reserved for EVs and the 'charging only' is implied. Obviously it's a jerk move but some people need to be explicitly told otherwise or they take signage to be very verbatim,

I think the signage on the QLD electric highway is perfect, and should be widely adopted. (photo by user wilsilly Queensland Electric Highway)

fullsizeoutput_5cc-jpeg.265700
The BMW spots are clearly labeled with “Electric Vehicle Charging Only”. The Pacific Fair ones are clearly labeled “EV Charging Only”. The fact that all of the cars posted in this thread are parked nose in makes it pretty clear that none of them ever had any intention of charging.

Etiquette question. If there is an electric vehicle charging space in a public carpark at my workplace or say at an airport, how long can i park if i plug in and there is no sign indicating time limit? Is it acceptable to park all day at work or a few days at an airport? It is not always easy to return and move the car.

At work, I’d say it should be moved once charged.

At airport, I’d think good for the trip. Not useful otherwise.
Agreed.
Also some airports have a valet service for the chargers and someone will move your car after a while.
What they really should have at airports is just lots of standard 240V wall outlets (ie every 2nd spot). Perfect for a few days away, even adds 80kms in a same-day trip.

Agreed.
Also some airports have a valet service for the chargers and someone will move your car after a while.
What they really should have at airports is just lots of standard 240V wall outlets (ie every 2nd spot). Perfect for a few days away, even adds 80kms in a same-day trip.
Definitely agree. In the US could easily get away with 120v 20a outlets for trips of 3 days.

I think the parking etiquette was learned from the US ...

E1E91EE1-20A1-43C0-B5CD-F81D8015116C.jpeg