Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, that's too bad. If Tesla were to offer say 10,000 supercharger miles that would be more valuable to me than the $500. I suspect if they offer anything it might come on 9/15 so as to give potential buyers 2 weeks to pull the trigger.
According to the order page, the X is sold out into October, so expecting eoq incentives seems misguided. They also
just reduced referral incentives for all the models. I’m pretty sure the S/X prices at all time lows has done the demand trick for now.

Also, the refreshed S/X is a lot better than the old models so comparing historical prices is also misguided imo.

Where are you guys financing? I’m ready to jump on an X but the current 6.34 at Tesla is killing me.
Check some Credit Unions in or around your town for sure....

Tesla quoted me 6.19% up to 72-months, my local CU is 6.19% for 84-months or 5.69% for 72-months.

RFCU Rates 9.2023.jpg

Reactions: dinosoar888
Remember that at the end of the year the Model X won’t qualify for the tax credit anymore. That alone spurs enough demand through end of year, especially given that historically Q4 has the highest demand.

While Tesla might slightly drop prices further (though I doubt it), most consumers won’t see a lower price than this because the $7500 credit will go away.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe starting in 2024 there’s a requirement for the IRA tax credit that the vehicle’s battery have a higher percentage of components manufactured in North America. Hence, Tesla’s comment on the website that the amount of credit may be reduced starting in 2024.

Thus, if this price drop was solely to drive demand while the credit applies to their batteries as they are manufactured today —and not a function of reduced cost of manufacturing—then not sure if they have incentive to keep prices as low as they are today. Granted there’s a lot of macroeconomic factors that I’m ignoring with interest rates and consumer demand and I have no clue what Tesla’s margin is on these vehicles.

The tax credit will probably drop from $7500 now to $3750 starting in Jan. 2024 and assuming the MSRP stays below $80K.

I am hoping that Tesla offers some free supercharger miles for the last two weeks of September as a final push for the 3rd quarter. My X is showing an estimated delivery of Sept 14 to Oct 5.
Do you road trip a lot? Not sure why people get all hyped up about SC, I drove from Portland to Palm Springs and back and it cost me less than $75 round trip. Free SC is a gimmick that clearly works 😂

Do you road trip a lot? Not sure why people get all hyped up about SC, I drove from Portland to Palm Springs and back and it cost me less than $75 round trip. Free SC is a gimmick that clearly works 😂
You gotta explain this one to me. Unless you used destination chargers for 65% of your driving, this defies belief. Over 2k miles at even rated consumption (which I've never seen happen) is around $240, and that's assuming SC rates of $0.35/kwh, which I'm betting you're not getting everywhere.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I believe prices are as low as they will get. If they have to juice demand, they’ll offer miles or something like that. Once the tax credit is applied at POS starting next year, I expect prices may even go up a bit. And there’s supposed to be a small refresh too, which will be another reason to raise prices a small amount.

I'm the OP. I just got my VIN and delivery date, this Wednesday. This is after being told October to November. Someone ahead of me must have backed out.
Not necessarily that someone ahead of you backed out. It’s very common for Tesla to change the date range to a placeholder date range. And when they match you up, they usually give you a more specific and tighter date range. That usually means VIN and delivery date follow soon. And anyone who followed the old Model X refresh delivery thread would know that the delivery is not first come first serve. I think it depends on some sort of algorithm to maximize delivery based on location and configuration. It looks like since we are close to the end of the quarter, Tesla is prioritizing West Coast delivery

Has anybody heard of any possible extension of the full self driving transfer deadline?
I think that’s gonna have to be the determining factor for me as well, I ordered thinking that that would be included, if my date is pushed back, and I no longer get the transfer…

Reactions: MarkoC