Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious why anyone is financing these cars instead of leasing? It appears that many of you are on your 3+ Tesla, why not just lease?
Personally I'm going to lease for 2 years since there are so many new EVs coming and tech/hardware changes on these cars.
Because Tesla has terrible lease terms. This is from someone who leased a 2019 Model S. Luckily I was able to buy my Model S out during the pandemic for a great price. But I would never lease another Tesla, buy only.

I'm curious why anyone is financing these cars instead of leasing? It appears that many of you are on your 3+ Tesla, why not just lease?
Personally I'm going to lease for 2 years since there are so many new EVs coming and tech/hardware changes on these cars.
Tesla isnt passing the 7500 tax credit on to lease customers at least not in TX. You have to buy to get the credit. Also in TX the lesee pays the entire sales tax amount in the lease $5k+ regardless of lease term or miles

MXLR 5 black/black
5 seater
20" wheels,
Order date: 9/21
EDD: Nov-December
VIN assigned: 9/21
No fsd and no transfer
Vin- PF416xxx

I received my vin the same day i ordered it like 12 hours later after ordering. Seems too fast!
I ordered that, says till Dec 15 now.

Does anyone know, if I just push it off 2 weeks, is the tax credit point of credit yet?

I'm sure they'd sell it to someone else for EoQ numbers, but not fronting $7500 sure would be nice...

I ordered that, says till Dec 15 now.

Does anyone know, if I just push it off 2 weeks, is the tax credit point of credit yet?

I'm sure they'd sell it to someone else for EoQ numbers, but not fronting $7500 sure would be nice...
Per Tesla website it will most likely not be $7500 anymore. The law dictates each year the percentage of battery material and part sourcing from the US increases each year and thus reducing the tax credit Tesla vehicles qualify for if they don’t meet those new targets.

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I got Dcu 65m, 5,74%
I'm with DCU for my current Model 3 loan, but finding better rates locally at a credit union for my soon to be X here in NJ.

Tesla was at 6.19% as of 2-week ago for 6yrs.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Papa x
I'm with DCU for my current Model 3 loan, but finding better rates locally at a credit union for my soon to be X here in NJ.

Tesla was at 6.19% as of 2-week ago for 6yrs.
Those rates don’t look that great. USSFC has better rates and anyone can join via a simple free membership of American Consumer Council. I just got 5.74% for 84 months there this morning