Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The app isn't showing it because it was programed to turn off based on the 9/30 date. Tesla may or may not update the app to show it again. There's a possibility they may choose to just leave it hidden for now to prevent new orders post 9/30 from selecting FSD transfer. If you had specified the FSD transfer before 9/30, it will still be in the system on the backend.

I just asked Tesla today via my text thread with them and they confirmed that my order is still eligible for FSD transfer. Others have also confirmed this with their SA in previous comments above.

View attachment 979870
I hope so. I guess I'll find out when Tesla gives me an official trade-in offer.

Can you even do that? I think they will cancel your order if you don't respond to them within a couple days. They don't care your car loan got messed up or not, they just take $250 your order fee and hand the car to the person next in line.
Depends on who you get. Your goal is to extend the start of that 2 week hold. But usually they email you with specific date on when they cancel. But yeah respond before they cancel.

Depends on who you get. Your goal is to extend the start of that 2 week hold. But usually they email you with specific date on when they cancel. But yeah respond before they cancel.
Is it better to deal with central Tesla Sales Associate or to go to a Tesla store and manage the changes face to face with the store SA. Are the store personel has the same capability to make changes to the reservation ?

Ordered on 9/2
MXP - UR, Black, 20"
EDD1: Sept 17-Sept 30
Final EDD was Sept 30-Oct 19
Got VIN Yesterday - it will be 2023
I am holding to accept the lack of USS changes

From what I understood reading the forums, prior to delivery I can discuss with SA to delay my order possibly 2-4 wks. Hope this would give me a 2024 Vin...
Any thoughts ?
“lack of USS changes”…are you assuming 2024 VIN would bring them back? Do you have a source or just speculation?

Is it better to deal with central Tesla Sales Associate or to go to a Tesla store and manage the changes face to face with the store SA. Are the store personel has the same capability to make changes to the reservation ?
It doesn’t really matter where you put in your order. Eventually everything will be managed by central sales team. They communicate mostly via texts and occasional phone calls.

Ordered MXP Black and Cream, 20's, Yoke
Ordered 9/21
9/21 1st EDD: Oct - Nov
10/5 2nd EDD: Nov 12 - Dec 24
Just went from EDD Nov 12-dec 24 to a VIN and delivery next week. Nothing to due with it not being a 2023 VIN, just way not ready for a delivery yet. Need to apply for loan and move some funds around and work schedule, putting on 2 week hold.

There is a Model X ultra red demo unit 5S tax credit edition in inventory discounted to $78,690 but is a demo car with 1264 miles in Vancouver, WA. Looks like it was put in service in August 2023.

Since it was an August build the original MSRP won’t be the new price which means if you want the tax credit you’re SOL.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
I think they released the oct production batch
I'm not so sure about this yet...none of us have confirmation this is true.

Since it was an August build the original MSRP won’t be the new price which means if you want the tax credit you’re SOL.
I'm not sure...the website states that you do get tax credit with that specific vehicle. The MSRP for that vehicle is $79,990 per website.

I'm not so sure about this yet...none of us have confirmation this is true.

I'm not sure...the website states that you do get tax credit with that specific vehicle. The MSRP for that vehicle is $79,990 per website.
If true that car was produced in August I don’t know how the window sticker will show original build being $79k. September 1 is when Tesla reduced the price to qualify for tax credit.

Reactions: NJturtlePower