Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

what fresh hell is this? For those of us waiting on our deliveries with free supercharging transfer, does that mean we get FSD transfers too if we hold on to our order? 😂 I'm amazed Tesla is a $0.5T company with Ops run as shoddily as this.

Thats the least they can do to do it right.

Ordered 10.30.23
MX LR UR FUSC transfer, tax edition
Phoenix, Az

10.30.23 EDD Dec -Jan
11.02.23 EDD Jan - Feb
11.08.23 EDD Dec 30 - Feb 24
11.21.23 EDD Jan 3 - Feb 14
11.27.23 EDD Jan 16 - Feb 27
12.18.23 EDD Jan 7 - Feb 10
12.26.23 EDD Jan 18 - Feb 29
01.11.24 EDD Jan 18 - Feb 22
01.19.24 EDD Jan 22 - Feb 12
01.23.24 EDD Jan 27 - Feb 17
01.28.24 EDD Jan 28 - Feb 17
01.29.24 EDD Jan 29 - Feb 17
01.30.24 EDD Jan 30 - Feb 18
01.31.24 EDD Jan 31 - Feb 18
02.01.24 EDD Feb 1 - Feb 18
02.02.24 EDD Feb 2 - Feb 18
02.03.24 EDD Feb 3 - Feb 21
02.04.24 RF Vin Assign. Scheduled pick up Feb 10 10 am

Reactions: BKFinest101
oh and they don't like you using profanity, I was told not to use profane language or they would bar me from any advisor support whatever the hell it means :rolleyes:
I'll just say that the company I work for considers profanity "workplace violence", and they have a zero tolerance policy for workplace violence. We are to report it, if it comes from either other employees or customers. Customers have been "fired" because of it.

The leadership is, and *sugar* rolls downhill. This kind of thing happens because they can't be bothered to do a predelivery inspection like every competent car company. But hey, you probably know that, but you're a fanboy (and probably a shareholder) who doesn't want to admit the company sucks.
Cars get damaged in transit by weather, road hazards, etc. The various state Governments allows car dealers to make repair without notifying new car customers. The amount of repaired damage allowed varies and cannot affect future warranty coverage or safety of the vehicle. Here is an old (2015) article on this. The value numbers are higher today since they are often a percentage of car price.

The question is would you have accepted this car without the damage. I guess I would rather see it and have the option to reject.

I am pretty sure several of our BMWs had considerable damage, especially the last 7 and 3Xi. I think the 7 had water damage because the electronics failed slowly. Every quarter this another system died.

Ordered 10.30.23
MX LR UR FUSC transfer, tax edition
Phoenix, Az

10.30.23 EDD Dec -Jan
11.02.23 EDD Jan - Feb
11.08.23 EDD Dec 30 - Feb 24
11.21.23 EDD Jan 3 - Feb 14
11.27.23 EDD Jan 16 - Feb 27
12.18.23 EDD Jan 7 - Feb 10
12.26.23 EDD Jan 18 - Feb 29
01.11.24 EDD Jan 18 - Feb 22
01.19.24 EDD Jan 22 - Feb 12
01.23.24 EDD Jan 27 - Feb 17
01.28.24 EDD Jan 28 - Feb 17
01.29.24 EDD Jan 29 - Feb 17
01.30.24 EDD Jan 30 - Feb 18
01.31.24 EDD Jan 31 - Feb 18
02.01.24 EDD Feb 1 - Feb 18
02.02.24 EDD Feb 2 - Feb 18
02.03.24 EDD Feb 3 - Feb 21
02.04.24 RF Vin Assign. Scheduled pick up Feb 10 10 am
Worked out for you - Tax Edition (POS), a 2024, FUSC, new horn placement, Color included; can you transfer FSD now?

Cars get damaged in transit by weather, road hazards, etc. The various state Governments allows car dealers to make repair without notifying new car customers. The amount of repaired damage allowed varies and cannot affect future warranty coverage or safety of the vehicle. Here is an old (2015) article on this. The value numbers are higher today since they are often a percentage of car price.

The question is would you have accepted this car without the damage. I guess I would rather see it and have the option to reject.

I am pretty sure several of our BMWs had considerable damage, especially the last 7 and 3Xi. I think the 7 had water damage because the electronics failed slowly. Every quarter this another system died.
But they didn’t make a repair and they didn’t notify the customer of the damage that was not repaired, intentionally or not.

Reactions: tezlaMXUR17&24
Worked out for you - Tax Edition (POS), a 2024, FUSC, new horn placement, Color included; can you transfer FSD now?
I highly doubt that. Tesla is a stickler for giving you only what you ordered if it’s to their advantage. He would have to cancel the order and place a new order now to get those transferred. But, would have to select the SG color instead to keep tax credit eligible.

I'll just say that the company I work for considers profanity "workplace violence", and they have a zero tolerance policy for workplace violence. We are to report it, if it comes from either other employees or customers. Customers have been "fired" because of it.
exactly this. Customer swearing at you means unexplained phone issues that cause constant disconnects or time to have fun.
"Sorry sir I can't help you if you can't stop yourself from swearing, oh dear sir do you need to lie down and call us back later? "

But they didn’t make a repair and they didn’t notify the customer of the damage that was not repaired, intentionally or not.
Not having to notify the customer of a repair is the point. At least by seeing the damage the customer can make an informed decide on whether to walk and re-order. Rather than thinking the vehicle came in undamaged and then feeling that was the NOT true later on, as we were with our BMWs.

It is better than what my friend had with his '70's Camaro many decades ago. His Dad bought a Camaro brand new and drove it around for years and when his son (my friend) was old enough, he gave the Camaro to him since it was well maintained and never in an accident. Over a few years the paint started to fade and there was a strange pattern starting to appear in the faded paint in the rear quarter panel and roofline.
He took it to a shop to see what can be done with the paint or cost of a repaint and what that fade pattern was. Body shop said it was an old body repair and body filler showing through the faded paint. When my friend told the body shop the car was bought brand new and was never in an accident, the body shop said the car was obviously in a fairly bad accident before and had body work and framework. The body shop let my friend know if a new car is damaged before it is sold, they will get it repaired and sell it as new and do not need to disclose repairs prior to the vehicles first sale.

So damage to new cars has happened since cars were first sold and dealers have sold repaired cars to customers without telling customers of the repairs way before Tesla was even a thought in the original founders of the EV car company.
The fact you were able to see and decide for yourself if you wanted the car (with their knowledge they will need to repair) is a much better story and experience than what happens with many manufacturers/dealers who repair new cars and sell them to unsuspecting buyers.

I had been ignoring this thread because I thought it only applied to the Short Range X.

I have a 22 Model S Refresh now. Pretty happy with it. But Winter in NH living on a dirt road is tough.

I had an X before.

I would miss the range and efficiency of the S.

But tax break, FSD transfer, $46K estimate on trade it’s tempting.

What are my chances of getting an X by March 31 if I order today?

I was hoping to wait until Model X gets bidirectional charging like CyberTruck.

Any rumored updates coming to X?

I had been ignoring this thread because I thought it only applied to the Short Range X.

I have a 22 Model S Refresh now. Pretty happy with it. But Winter in NH living on a dirt road is tough.

I had an X before.

I would miss the range and efficiency of the S.

But tax break, FSD transfer, $46K estimate on trade it’s tempting.

What are my chances of getting an X by March 31 if I order today?

I was hoping to wait until Model X gets bidirectional charging like CyberTruck.

Any rumored updates coming to X?

The Model X was dead last getting matrix headlights. I wouldn't hold my breath for the X to get something before the S, 3 or Y. They can't even get the doors to open all the way.