Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Disappointed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Disappointed"
Love my MY. But disappointed with the Tesla "higher ups". First soon after taking delivery of my $70,000 model Y someone made the decision to drop the price of the car $3000.00. Ok, that would have been ok in the world where the consumer negotiates with the dealer. What happened to everyone pays the same price? Now they want to charge us 1st time buyers $2,000 for a speed increase. DISAPPOINTED!

Show quoted text

I am sorry you feel disappointed and I can relate to a certain degree. Probably most of us have bought something in the past just to see the price drop a week later. Similarly, most of us also have experienced the opposite where we “got lucky” and made a purchase before the price of an item went up.

Like krcossin writes, reminding myself that I made a conscious decision to purchase the item for the price that seemed fair to me at that point in time helps me from wasting time and energy on regret and getting unnecessarily upset.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car, this is the memory that will last!

"Disappointed"
Love my MY. But disappointed with the Tesla "higher ups". First soon after taking delivery of my $70,000 model Y someone made the decision to drop the price of the car $3000.00. Ok, that would have been ok in the world where the consumer negotiates with the dealer. What happened to everyone pays the same price? Now they want to charge us 1st time buyers $2,000 for a speed increase. DISAPPOINTED!

Show quoted text

Thanks for joining the forum! Feel better now?

..This FUD is so pathetic..

Tesla adjusts prices all the time, as do other manufacturers. The Model Y has gone through multiple (6?) and I can't keep track. If and when the price for the Model Y increases please feel free to send Tesla the extra money so you don't feel put out.

Tesla released a $2000 acceleration boost option for the Model 3 LR year(s) ago.
Tesla releases a $2000 acceleration boost option for the Model Y LR about 6 months after launch.

like many others, i was not fortunate enough to get the $3K reduction, but i'm still very happy with my purchase nonetheless. and like what another person said, no one is forcing you to get the AB.

just like poker, people only remember the bad beats but never remember the suck out wins on the river.

Last edited:
I knew about these price fluctuations and I got a benefit from a price reduction, but I was also late to the Tesla game here. Less novelty, lower cost. The prices will continue to go down, range will increase, new features added that we'll miss (heat pump, one-piece casting, various fixes), special offers missed, no more free Supercharging, etc.

I just look at my own car and think, am I happy with this deal? I paid full P3D+ price for my P3D-. Should I be upset? Nope, because my car was blemish/defect=free, was the color scheme I wanted, is rare, was available NOW (that matters to me) instead of a 3-5 week wait, and I prefer the sleeper aspect of the P3D- and the 18" aero wheels (cushier ride, less worry about rim damage in L.A., full 322 miles range).

So yeah I'm good, even though some others asked me why I would ever pay full price for a P3D-. The days of a 2k extra for P3D- are over, but I don't beat myself up over it. I'm just glad I happened to get lucky enough to get one.

So much of this FOMO is stuff you couldn't predict or control. Enjoy your awesome vehicle! :)

• Love
Reactions: Bridor
Hum. Well, I "paid too much" as well, knowing full well that we all are... supporting an industry that needs us to so it can grow to make less expensive cars for the masses. So no, I am not at all disappointed, I am proud that I, like you, put my hard-earned money where my mouth is and am a piece of the change. The rewards, as far as i am concerned are far-reaching; not the least of which is the fact that I love my car. :cool:

• Love
Reactions: Bridor and Spacep0d
"Disappointed"

Show quoted text

If this bothers you now, just wait until you try to sell it in a few years and what you'll think is a good value then, it'll probably be close to the current new price. Fun times! :D

Price drop on the Mach e...

Attachments

• AD743D82-5C61-4EE6-8E12-3D6AE76E4D7B.jpeg
    AD743D82-5C61-4EE6-8E12-3D6AE76E4D7B.jpeg
    361 KB · Views: 67
I can't wait to place an order and take delivery. I don't care about panel gaps or cosmetic stuff because they will take care of it down the road and I get to enjoy this amazing machine. June 1, 2021 the order will go in. (certain things are paid off at that point that free up my monthly liquid income to do it!)

Glass half full. Find the silver lining. Holding onto the minutiae will tear you up inside.