Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model 3 and Y price drop Jan 2023 / April 2023 / Oct 2023 and All other Pricing Speculation going forward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was still selling until it suddenly wasn't. Ultimately, they found profits at that price point. It stopped selling in Q4 cause of the impending credit. The only reason things came to a halt in Q1 is that they got screwed by the IRS' confusing qualifications (which would have been solved easily by offering a software-locked version). Some other factors might have screwed with sales too, but the overall price isn't the main factor in the loss of sales IMO.
Well, it seems you’ve got the whole demand thing figured out, better than Tesla even. Maybe you should tell them how they got it so wrong? 👍🏻

Glad I decided to do some Tesla price checks this evening! I originally ordered a MY in February of last year, but had to cancel in November due to my trade value crashing. I have been shopping for used ever since.

Now I can order a new MY for less than my original order last February? Sold!

This past year has been a roller coaster for sure with prices, demand, and wait times, and I am sure there are more to come in the months ahead.

Reactions: GSP
Does this include the destination charge? A white on white MYLR would be $55,380. So, would only the white MYLR with a black interior qualify?
Base price is $52,990 for a MYLR currently, so you should be able to add a few extras if desired and still be under the tax credit limit. Destination and order fee are added on after, and do not count toward the vehicle price.

Competition can be a good thing.

I didn't do too badly. I just re-priced my config and the price came to $71,990. With all the incentives I got at the end of last year plus the lower cost of FSD when I reserved, I paid just under $74k so lost around $2k but I got the free supercharging so I'll call it almost a wash.

Interesting to note that the 7-seat config cost went up $1k from $3k to $4k.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
As a Canadian who took delivery early December, this sucks. This sucks hard. I still love the car, but if Tesla doesn't throw me/us a bone, this is my first and last Tesla. This is an indirect slap in the face for helping them achieve a great Q42024.

By the time I'm ready for a new car, the other makes, especially luxury ones, will have caught up in terms of range and autonomy, and the charging networks will be open.

As a Canadian who took delivery early December, this sucks. This sucks hard. I still love the car, but if Tesla doesn't throw me/us a bone, this is my first and last Tesla. By the time I'm ready for a new car, the other makes, especially luxury ones, will have caught up in terms of range and autonomy, and the charging networks will be open.
Absolutely, I feel like free FSD is 100% something they should consider for anyone who purchased at the June price increase or later. This would bring the price up to nearly what we all paid for it. Cost them nothing, artificially increases the resale value of our cars.

I picked up my MYLR on 12/30 and for the $7500 off plus 10K supercharger miles. I looked up the same arrangement today and it is about $4500 cheaper than I paid. The 10k miles is worth probably $1000 or less to me since so probably won’t use all of them in 2 years. So I paid about $3500 more than I would have if I waited.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I picked up my MYLR on 12/30 and for the $7500 off plus 10K supercharger miles. I looked up the same arrangement today and it is about $4500 cheaper than I paid. The 10k miles is worth probably $1000 or less to me since so probably won’t use all of them in 2 years. So I paid about $3500 more than I would have if I waited.
But had you purchased at a dealer, you could have easily paid $3500 more or less than the dude in the next sales office over. Pros and cons of each model, I prefer this one, but I’m surprised they jumped the price by so much at once.

That's about what we paid in June '21, Sept delivery. At the time I was mad I hadn't ordered earlier because it was about 3k higher than a few months prior.

Sure sucks for people who just paid top $$$. But I sort of get why they dropped it so far all at once. If they just started slowly shaving the price, fewer would jump in, waiting to see how far down they'd go.

Absolutely, I feel like free FSD is 100% something they should consider for anyone who purchased at the June price increase or later. This would bring the price up to nearly what we all paid for it. Cost them nothing, artificially increases the resale value of our cars.
I already bought FSD, at $10k CAD, not the current $20k CAD. I'm going to see if I can get the acceleration boost for free, maybe extended warranty and/or free supercharger kms. I don't have high hopes though.

Reactions: Choncho
But had you purchased at a dealer, you could have easily paid $3500 more or less than the dude in the next sales office over. Pros and cons of each model, I prefer this one, but I’m surprised they jumped the price by so much at once.
Tbf, Musk hinted at price cuts at the last Twitter spaces, then they cut prices in China. And then we have been waiting to see what else... and BAM.