Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR White/White, no other options
Ordered on 1/18, completed registration info on 1/20 (added my spouse at that time)

EDD of Jan thru March has not changed since placing the order. I live in Arizona. Like many others, I'm hoping to take delivery in time to get full $7500 income tax deduction.

Does white interior affect delivery date?
Would Tesla reach out to me if a black interior one was available for my area?

Ordered on 1/18, completed registration info on 1/20 (added my spouse at that time)

EDD of Jan thru March has not changed since placing the order. I live in Arizona. Like many others, I'm hoping to take delivery in time to get full $7500 income tax deduction.

It seems like white interior does take longer and from what I saw only coming from Fremont
They wouldn't reach, but you can see if there are any vehicles available in your area but I'd caution you as with the influx of orders its possibly a reject

It seems like white interior does take longer and from what I saw only coming from Fremont
They wouldn't reach, but you can see if there are any vehicles available in your area but I'd caution you as with the influx of orders its possibly a reject
I'm wondering if I should switch to black interior in order to get delivery sooner. Or would that just put my order in the back of the queue?

I was on the fence re interior colors, but went with white due to extreme AZ summer heat and improved aesthetics.

I'm wondering if I should switch to black interior in order to get delivery sooner. Or would that just put my order in the back of the queue?

I was on the fence re interior colors, but went with white due to extreme AZ summer heat and improved aesthetics.
I would suggest get a black interior and put Taptes white seat covers on top. The best ones with Nappa leather cost around $569. They will protect your original black seats and also give you the option to have white or black seats anytime you want. That is what I am planning on doing. The original white interior can get dirty if you don't treat it properly every one or two weeks. Save those $1000 dollars and invest on seat covers and accessories. This should also reduce your EDD. Look at youtube reviews for Taptes seat covers and make up your mind. I am not their rep in any way and did my own research so do your own research before making a decision.

Last edited:
Guys, I just switched to "Cash" instead of "Tesla Finance" because I will look into the financing options once the VIN and a proper EDD is assigned. Can I change it to Tesla Finance later ? Also does this affect delivery times in any way ?
Only configuration changes can effect your delivery time.
I changed the financing option multiple times, I ran multiple trade-ins in the apps and later switched to no trade-in.
It made no impact on my delivery time.

Reactions: Sohaib89
I would suggest get a black interior and put Taptes white seat covers on top. The best ones with Nappa leather cost around $569. They will protect your original black seats and also give you the option to have white or black seats anytime you want. That is what I am planning on doing. The original white interior can get dirty if you don't treat it properly every one or two weeks. Save those $1000 dollars and invest on seat covers and accessories. This should also reduce your EDD. Look at youtube reviews for Taptes seat covers and make up your mind. I am not their rep in any way and did my own research so do your own research before making a decision.
I’m on the same boat of going back and forth with white to nlack interior. I guess Taptes is a good alternative. Thanks

Reactions: Sohaib89

I'm in Az as well. Ordered 1/13 Blue long range white interior still no vin showing est delivery today- Feb 5th 😔