Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been watching posts here since a few days after ordering. I figured I would join the fun and provide updates too as they happen.

MYLR5 MSM/Black/19
OD: 1/15
EDD: Jan - Mar
EDD update on 1/18: Feb 14 - Mar 21

As of 2/1, no VIN

I also switched from to finance (through tesla to lock in rates on 2/1)

Just waiting on that text or update....

This is my 2nd Tesla as I also have a 22 M3LR.

Reactions: jose3030 and DKS37
I ordered at around 5pm MST. Still no VIN. I'm hoping to see it before the end of this week. My trade-in offer expires on 2/19. I'm a bit worried delivery will be after that date and I'll have to accept a new trade-in offer.
Update:

Ordered White/Black MYLR5 with 20" wheels on 1/14. I received my VIN this morning. New EDD is 2/13-2/20. It's coming from Austin plant. I'm in SW Colorado.

Does anyone know if new cars delivered to Massachusetts will also have mud Flaps and rear PPF? Or its only done for certain specific states? If anyone from MA who has received the car recently, can you please comment?
I'm from MA and asked my SA this same question via text. The response was that that my car will not have the mud flaps or PPF installed. Can you pls check with your SA and see if you get a different answer? Would be good to know, so I can order these ahead of time. I demoed a MY at the Peabody, MA location, and it did have the mud flaps and PPF. So I'm still hoping that these will come preinstalled.

Is anyone who's waiting for Red/Black? did you get the VIN? or if someone picked up their red color, can you share your exp?

od: 1/13
bay area
I also ordered red/black on the 19th and dont recall seeing any in this thread getting their VINs for the same combo. seems you would have got yours by now, but I’m guessing all the reds will suddenly get updates together. My EDD changed last week from Jan-Mar to Mar 4-31. So it narrowed, but nothing else since then. Hope you get it soon, because that could mean I’m a bit closer.

Reactions: jose3030 and mt247
I'm from MA and asked my SA this same question via text. The response was that that my car will not have the mud flaps or PPF installed. Can you pls check with your SA and see if you get a different answer? Would be good to know, so I can order these ahead of time. I demoed a MY at the Peabody, MA location, and it did have the mud flaps and PPF. So I'm still hoping that these will come preinstalled.

Hey, so I was wondering about this too. I texted the 510 number about it and they responded
My text: "One question. The three cars we ordered. Do they all come with mud flaps and PPF at the back doors?"
Their Response: "Based on your delivery location we would anticipate the cars to come with winter package"

The tax credit almost certainly won't go away, but it might drop in half.

I'm strongly considering canceling my order and donating my $250 to Tesla - just too many variables right now for me to be comfortable with this purchase.
zroger73, which variables are making you uncomfortable with this purchase? For me it's the pending update to HW4. I will not be buying into FSD, but I would like to see improvements in traffic aware cruise control and lane keeping, and I would like to see the return of parking assist.

Last edited: