Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you're assigned a VIN, can you ask for a delayed delivery to be re-assigned to another VIN? In that case, how long is generally the waiting period until you're assigned to the next one?
Typically you can reject one VIN. Usually you will get assigned a second VIN within a week or two at the most. If you reject the second VIN your order is cancelled, you lose the $250 and would need to place a new order and be back of the line.

I spoke to my local Tesla dealer since my estimated delivery date is between 2/21-3/28 and the rep was sure I would likely get it delivered by the end of February.

I hope your delivery goes well buddy (Fremont build, Matrix Headlights, perfect panel gaps, and great paint!)

Thanks for the follow-up by the way.
Likewise!

I ended up placing a separate order for a MYP this AM based on the new IRS guidance, found one in existing inventory.

Still have my LR order for now but if yours doesn’t meet the delivery date, send me a PM and I can try to give you my LR order.

Reactions: Dynusor
I'm sticking with my Blue/Black/19"/Tow LR order, OD 1/22. My only question is if I were to remove the tow option if it would improve my EDD of 3/16-3/31 at all. I think I would certainly remove that option if it improved my delivery time.
For what it's worth, I ADDED a tow hitch to my blue/black/19" LR and my EDD stayed the same 3/14-3/31 in New York. (OD: 1/26/22)

I spoke to my local Tesla dealer since my estimated delivery date is between 2/21-3/28 and the rep was sure I would likely get it delivered by the end of February.

I hope your delivery goes well buddy (Fremont build, Matrix Headlights, perfect panel gaps, and great paint!)

Thanks for the follow-up by the way.
That's exact same EDD as mine. When did you order? I ordered on 1/17

OD 1/14 9:40 PM PST. 1/15 on order agreement
EDD - Feb 5 to 19
No VIN yet

White/black/19

Sacramento CA

Anybody from 1/14 and 1/15 still haven't gotten a VIN yet?
I have the same order time and dates. Only difference on the configuration is I ordered blue instead of white. Same EDD and love 30 minutes from Fremont.

Still no VIN.

Anytime soon would be great. Like how about right now?!

Typically you can reject one VIN. Usually you will get assigned a second VIN within a week or two at the most. If you reject the second VIN your order is cancelled, you lose the $250 and would need to place a new order and be back of the line.
Thanks! Also forgot to mention, I placed my order on hold BEFORE having assigned my first VIN. Can I still reject the first VIN without fully cancelling the order?

OD 1/14 9:40 PM PST. 1/15 on order agreement
EDD - Feb 5 to 19
No VIN yet

White/black/19

Sacramento CA

Anybody from 1/14 and 1/15 still haven't gotten a VIN yet?
Ordered blue/black/tow on 1/14 still no vin. I did get a text from my SA with the amount due a delivery and asking to confirm and complete finance portion. Started that they expected delivery next week to Gilroy,Ca.

Reactions: Al a Meda
I just requested an upgrade to MYP. I had to call Customer Support as I could no longer edit my order from my account. The Customer Service Assistant submitted a request for my upgrade and she said they have been getting a ton of these requests today. Should have confirmation within a few hours that the change has been made!
Did you lose the initial $250 deposit when you changed to MYP? I was speaking to a Tesla rep earlier and she said the $250 doesn’t transfer as it’s a different car. Still on the fence on upgrading, NJ has a $2000 rebate that caps out at $55k.

Reactions: bdhaduk
Did you lose the initial $250 deposit when you changed to MYP? I was speaking to a Tesla rep earlier and she said the $250 doesn’t transfer as it’s a different car. Still on the fence on upgrading, NJ has a $2000 rebate that caps out at $55k.
If your order wasn’t far enough along to remove the Edit Design option, they will shift your deposit to an order of an inventory car (so you effectively put down $500).

They can transfer it using the existing reservation if that car is still not sold by the time you get ahold of someone.

If your car has started on the production line, YMMV.

Also in NJ and I was thinking the same. Losing NJ credit and the risk of changing order makes it less appealing.

also interesting how inventory MYPs just disappeared. I think it was last night.

Reactions: Gizmo17