Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: DKS37
Yes you can do online, it's easy, below is what I was told when I spoke to Tower FCU folks.

1. Donate $35.00 to TowerCares TowerCares Foundation | Tower Federal Credit Union | MD
2. Become Member (Open account)
3. Apply for Vehicle loan Apply For a Loan - Tower Federal Credit Union
Thanks.
Few more followups...
1. When do you normally apply for the Loan....soon after getting the VIN? or wait until your delivery is close to say like 10 days?
2. What all info do we need while applying for the loan? Not sure when will the Tesla Contract show up which contains the details for getting the loan..like when do the bank sent the money etc...

Living in Dallas Texas, I have an order for MYLR W/Black(interior) with price $53490 and the EDD is March 22 to 31, so found an inventory of MYP with W/Black(interior) at El Paso last night, so ordered it right away. Got the VIN# of MYP and EDD is Feb 6 to 15. So, my question is,
1. Should I go to El Paso to pick up that MYP or Tesla will deilver it to Dallas area for me to pick up?
2. It seems like I can't transfer the old order MYLP to someone else, correct? So the only way is to cancel the order and lost $250 or any suggestion?

Thank you any idea and/or suggestion.
Tesla customer service agent said that I had to work with them replacing my custom order with an in stock vehicle. Otherwise, I would lose the $250 deposit. They also added that they could work with me on matching the pricing that was in affect when I placed my order. But you have to work with them beforehand. I didn't proceed, since the only MYs available were in transit and were standard range.

Just received an email invitation to a 1-hour online session called Get to Know Your Next Steps on 2/17? Was an automated mailing since my EDD is 2/21 - 3/21?
I got the same thing with an EDD 3/12-3/31, was curious if it was just a blast to open orders, or if it meant anything.
Got the email too. EDD 3/3-3/31.

I'm thinking its just an automated one to all open orders.

But hey, the "optimist" in me wants to think, "maybe its a hint the EDD will we'll get the Y sooner." 😆

Thanks.
Few more followups...
1. When do you normally apply for the Loan....soon after getting the VIN? or wait until your delivery is close to say like 10 days?
2. What all info do we need while applying for the loan? Not sure when will the Tesla Contract show up which contains the details for getting the loan..like when do the bank sent the money etc...
Through texting, they told me loans are good for 60 days. Though other places mention 30 days. Either way I wouldn't wait until 10 days, that could lead to issues if it takes some time between steps. Once you get a VIN, you might as well go through with it as it seems like getting a VIN isn't that long before actual delivery.

Reactions: vijaypv
Got the email too. EDD 3/3-3/31.

I'm thinking its just an automated one to all open orders.

But hey, the "optimist" in me wants to think, "maybe its a hint the EDD will we'll get the Y sooner." 😆

Through texting, they told me loans are good for 60 days. Though other places mention 30 days. Either way I wouldn't wait until 10 days, that could lead to issues if it takes some time between steps. Once you get a VIN, you might as well go through with it as it seems like getting a VIN isn't that long before actual delivery.
When you go to pick up, how do you tell the bank to pay it...because only at the pickup time you may decide to buy or reject right?How fast is that process...when you all good to commit to a car, you tell the bank??

Picking up my Tesla this Sunday (2/12/2023) in Atlanta
I think have completed all tasks
Except cannot see MVPA
Under review agreements when I click on View the the screens goes black with "< Document" written as a single line on top
Am I missing something here - or is it too early for MVPA to show up.
Received VIN on Sunday (2/5) and scheduled pick up on Sunday for 2/12
Texted SA and got a reply for the amount and to whom chk. should be made.

If there is small changes can I use my credit card or personal chk?

Thanks
Sanjay

When you go to pick up, how do you tell the bank to pay it...because only at the pickup time you may decide to buy or reject right?How fast is that process...when you all good to commit to a car, you tell the bank??
All of this is covered on the Tesla site and in the app around the next steps. I suggest to poke around the documentation they provide and ask about any clarifications.

Picking up my Tesla this Sunday (2/12/2023) in Atlanta
I think have completed all tasks
Except cannot see MVPA
Under review agreements when I click on View the the screens goes black with "< Document" written as a single line on top
Am I missing something here - or is it too early for MVPA to show up.
Received VIN on Sunday (2/5) and scheduled pick up on Sunday for 2/12
Texted SA and got a reply for the amount and to whom chk. should be made.

If there is small changes can I use my credit card or personal chk?

Thanks
Sanjay
In the app, click Manage. When it takes you to the website, the MVPA should be there towards the bottom right unless you are using Tesla’s financing.

Reactions: SANTRI
This is a strange vin at this point. My VIN that I rejected on 1/20 was A053333. That was over 2 weeks ago.
510 says build date was 1/6. They don't know the full story with the car, but since it's currently in transit from Austin to NoVa so they don't think anyone has seen / rejected the car. I have the GitHub Model Y checklist so at least I know what to look at. SA wasn't helpful, didn't have any intel other than it wasn't at their location yet.

Reactions: HyperionM3
I used to tool to check my vin. I think the report date is the build date?