Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got my first text message from Tesla today. It "encourages" me to add more things to my order since the MSRP limit was raised to $80K.

Exerpt from the text (a 510 number):

Hi XXXXXXXX, great news: Model Y orders up to $80K now qualify for the federal tax credit for eligible buyers. If you were considering other paint, wheel, or interior options, select "Edit Design" in your Tesla account to update your configuration.

FYI, Area code 510 serves Oakland, CA and the surrounding areas where the Tesla Fremont factory is located.
I also received this same text this afternoon. At first I thought this was my VIN. Drats! Tesla fooled me with this upsell blast.

• Funny
Reactions: scionbox
Yes but one thing is for sure, Tesla is not going by order date which is disrespectful.
No company could possibly go by order date. For example, consider this sequence: Person A orders red, B orders blue, C red, D white, E white, F red. For them to respect that sequence they'd have to turn over their production line four times. If they respected the order date, people would get their cars in 2026. (Yes, I know there's not just one line.)

I have no edit button and no VIN as of yet
If you login online, you should have the edit design option. If its gone, that typically means you cant edit your order any longer.

A work around posted here by many, is to take the below url and replace the last portion with your reservation #.

If that doesnt work, looks like youll have to text your SA for any changes.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 95
MYLR
Red/Black Interior/19wheel
OD : 1/16
EDD1 : 2/26 - 3/31
EDD2 : 2/9 - 3/9
EDD3 : 2/17 - 3/3 (changed on 2/9)

No VIN assigned yet

Today, EDD window shrink from 4 weeks to 2 weeks window. So, I guess VIN will get assign soon?

I saw same config MYLR, OD 1/15 got VIN assigned recently.

That's all well and good but that's no reason to torture me for the past 19 days. ;-)

OD: 1/14
OEDD: Jan 18-Jan 30.

And then...

Jan 21: EDD Jan 21-Jan 30
Jan 22: EDD Jan 22-Jan 31
Jan 23: EDD Jan 23-Feb 1
Jan 24: EDD Jan 24-Feb 2
Jan 25: EDD Jan 25-Feb 3
Jan 26: EDD Jan 26-Feb 4
Jan 27: EDD Jan 27- Feb 5
Jan 28: EDD Jan 28-Feb 6
Jan 29: EDD Jan 29-Feb 7
Jan 30: EDD Jan 30-Feb 8
Jan 31: EDD Jan 31-Feb 9
Feb 01: EDD Feb 01-Feb 10
Feb 02: EDD Feb 02-Feb 11
Feb 03: EDD Feb 03-Feb 12
Feb 04: EDD Feb 04-Feb 13
Feb 05: EDD Feb 05-Feb 14
Feb 06: EDD Feb 06-Feb 15
Feb 07: EDD Feb 07-Feb 16
Feb 08: EDD Feb 08-Feb 17
Feb 09: EDD Feb 09-Feb 18, (Today, still no vin)
You are kidding

Reactions: ev4robert
MYLR
Red/Black Interior/19wheel
OD : 1/16
EDD1 : 2/26 - 3/31
EDD2 : 2/9 - 3/9
EDD3 : 2/17 - 3/3 (changed on 2/9)

No VIN assigned yet

Today, EDD window shrink from 4 weeks to 2 weeks window. So, I guess VIN will get assign soon?

I saw same config MYLR, OD 1/15 got VIN assigned recently.
There's really no tell about what this means... my EDD range has shrunk from 2 months -> 1 month -> 2 weeks -> 1 week -> back to 1 month. I don't think Tesla has a grasp on this whole EDD thing.

I hope the best for you and that you get yours soon!

Reactions: CP4966 and msm859
No company could possibly go by order date. For example, consider this sequence: Person A orders red, B orders blue, C red, D white, E white, F red. For them to respect that sequence they'd have to turn over their production line four times. If they respected the order date, people would get their cars in 2026. (Yes, I know there's not just one line.)
Not quite true. I have ordered multiple Corvettes and Ford trucks - and a Tesla X. Tesla is amateur hour in their ordering process. Once my order gets "accepted" by GM you can get codes showing the status. Very soon you will get a TPW - target production week. A few weeks before production you will get the VIN. By checking daily production you can get very accurate on the day - and hour - your car will be produced. The TPW does not change. The VIN does not change. Unlike the countless stories on this forum. In my personal experience they gave me a VIN - I finalized my financing and ordered my check - and then I found out the "build" was wrong - they added the $5k+ black wheels. They could not do anything about it, so they reordered the car. Fortunately my credit union cancelled the loan and had to redo it once the correct car came in. Never had any issues with GM or Ford with almost 10 special orders.

Not quite true. I have ordered multiple Corvettes and Ford trucks - and a Tesla X. Tesla is amateur hour in their ordering process. Once my order gets "accepted" by GM you can get codes showing the status. Very soon you will get a TPW - target production week. A few weeks before production you will get the VIN. By checking daily production you can get very accurate on the day - and hour - your car will be produced. The TPW does not change. The VIN does not change. Unlike the countless stories on this forum. In my personal experience they gave me a VIN - I finalized my financing and ordered my check - and then I found out the "build" was wrong - they added the $5k+ black wheels. They could not do anything about it, so they reordered the car. Fortunately my credit union cancelled the loan and had to redo it once the correct car came in. Never had any issues with GM or Ford with almost 10 special orders.
2023 Z06 in Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic please

You will go to the Tesla Fremont factory to pick up your car. I guess Tesla needs to spend $1,390 to move your car from its factory's front door to its parking lot. LOL!

I will pick up my car at their Colma Center, which is 40 miles away from their Fremont factory, on Sunday, 2/12. So I guess my car's $1,390 Destination Fee will be spent "more wisely"!

BTW, your VIN is PF674xxx, and mine is PF684xxx but the exact same configuration: MYLR white/black 19" with no other options. There are 10,000 cars between these two. Not sure that is Tesla's VIN structure.
They texted me today to see if I could pick it up today.
I did since I live 15 min away from the factory.
The car had a paint defect that they will have service fix but other than that the car was decent.

Reactions: chobra
I took delivery of my MYLR, MSM, 19" on Tuesday of this week in Charlotte, NC. When I arrived for my appointment the car had not been prepped so we had to wait for this to be done. When they drove the car around for me to inspect after washing it was still very dirty both on top and underneath. That made it hard to check the paint finish and I even had the SA to bring out a rag and a spray bottle to see if some of the mud stains would come off the running board trim. The SA said that the delivery point in Alabama where the cars were transferred from train to trucks was a muddy lot and every car they were getting had lots of mud. ( I did see other vehicles on the lot with mud on them) My first reaction was to send it back for another cleaning but decided to accept and clean it myself as all the mud would cause micro scratches if it was not done properly. After several hours of detailing and a couple of coats of ceramic wax the vehicle looks very good. This is the first time I have taken delivery of a dirty vehicle from a dealership.

If you login online, you should have the edit design option. If its gone, that typically means you cant edit your order any longer.

A work around posted here by many, is to take the below url and replace the last portion with your reservation #.

If that doesnt work, looks like youll have to text your SA for any changes.
Yeah. I saw the earlier post about the workaround. Appreciate the feedback but I’m good. I have a current EDD of 2/15-3/15 which was adjusted this past Sunday

Reactions: dethspade