Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
our MY is under my wife’s name but I am listed as a second registrant. I might be iut of town when they deliver the car. Do they actually check ID’s for both registrants? do I need to be present to sign anything? Or can my wife just log in to my account and accept?

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Are you referring to this thread? I understand that Tesla uses a lot of the same components across their various models in order to achieve higher economies of scale.

Actually it was earlier posts in this thread where I got the info and reference to the new hairpin motor and the chart.

Good and interesting linked thread.

Yes a lot of motors have been used. I understand TESLA is vertically integrated and makes changes on the fly to advance designs and incorporates them quickly. That's great

Maybe Nothing to worry about HP wise and the 3D3 (which obviously is a good motor) as a rear motor has been replaced on these newer builds.

Guess I just want that Tesla Origin paper to have an HP number of of> 400.

It is as simple as that.
Every thing I browsed before pushing the order button said 425HP ,except for what I
Ass/u/Me/d were lower numbers for the AWD MY.

If you don't mind me asking, Have you seen the Origin Certificate on your new Y?

Just wondering if It reads the same or a different higher HP number in line with the chart that was posted.

Reactions: ev4robert
Actually it was earlier posts in this thread where I got the info and reference to the new hairpin motor and the chart.

Good and interesting linked thread.

Yes a lot of motors have been used. I understand TESLA is vertically integrated and makes changes on the fly to advance designs and incorporates them quickly. That's great

Maybe Nothing to worry about HP wise and the 3D3 (which obviously is a good motor) as a rear motor has been replaced on these newer builds.

Guess I just want that Tesla Origin paper to have an HP number of of> 400.

It is as simple as that.
Every thing I browsed before pushing the order button said 425HP ,except for what I
Ass/u/Me/d were lower numbers for the AWD MY.

If you don't mind me asking, Have you seen the Origin Certificate on your new Y?

Just wondering if It reads the same or a different higher HP number in line with the chart that was posted.
I haven't received my Tesla yet, Its EDD is 2/21 - 3/21.

Still bored ...

Chart represents total number of orders and vins for January

Ex: the total number of orders on Jan 13 was 90. Out of 90 total orders 50 received VIN numbers.

For the VIN column, is that from column I or G? For some reason more people input the VIN date than the actual VIN #. Also, any way to cut the data by state for Jan 13, 14 & 15 to test the theory that locations further from the factories receive their cars earlier.

Reactions: YisPatHere
-OD: 1/13
-OG EDD:2/4-3/4
-VIN Assigned Feb 3
-New EDD: Feb 17-25
-Factory: Fremont
-Configuration:MYLR 5 Seat White-on—White with Hitch (no other options)
-Matrix Head Lights: YES
-Cargo Cover: ??
-Mudflaps:??
-PPF: ??
-State: NJ

Anyone order after the price drop that took delivery of a Fremont-built 5 seater MYLR get a cargo cover? My SA confirmed that I was getting Matrix headlights, hoping to confirm that you get the cargo cover too.
My OD was 1/14.
MYLR white/black, no hitch.

Took delivery on 2/11.
Fremont build.
Has matrix headlights and the cargo cover.
No mudflaps and no PFF.

YMMV 🙂

Also fyi, the dealership forced me to accept delivery before unlocking the car so those of you who plan to inspect the inside prior to accepting delivery are out of luck.
What?! That’s really odd.
Mine wasn’t even on the lot when I arrived to my appointment. 20 mins later it pulled in and I ran out and it was unlocked and had no plates on it. So we jumped in and checked it all over and then went inside did the paperwork, handed them the check, and accepted delivery. Then went back out to pair my phone and get my profile all set up.

Reactions: TheSodaSaga
our MY is under my wife’s name but I am listed as a second registrant. I might be iut of town when they deliver the car. Do they actually check ID’s for both registrants? do I need to be present to sign anything? Or can my wife just log in to my account and accept?
They didn’t check our ID’s but we both had to sign the paperwork.
The day before the appointment my husband logged into his Tesla account from his laptop and accepted all the terms. He didn’t have to accept delivery. I accepted delivery the next day from my phone.

Atlanta area here
OD: 1/25/2023 7 PM EST
MY MSM/White interior/20'induction wheels no tow
1st EDD: Jan-March
2nd EDD: 3/21-3/31
3rd EDD: 3/15-3/30
4th EDD (today at 9 AM EST): 2/23-3/23
Ive been seeing people get deliveries with white interiors now so hopefully thats a good sign. I have a feeling that vins should be coming soon for people that ordered around 1/20-1/30 in the next couple of weeks.

MYLR Blue / Hitch / 19s
OD: 1/22
Profile Completion:1/23
1/23 1st EDD Jan-Mar
1/26: 2nd EDD 3/12-3/31
2/14: 3rd EDD 3/27-3/31

I just got this updated timeline... really hope They aren't just fudging that 3/31 estimate to try to keep it in Q1 artificially. Is this narrow timeline accurate now and I'll be getting a VIN? Seems too far away for that...

So I had MYLR order placed 1/26. I received a 3/20-3/31 EDD for the longest time with no change. Over the weekend I decided to see if change to a MYP it would move me up as a friend did this a few days earlier and they just got their VIN a week after changing to a MYP. I just got an update today with an EDD of 4/5-5/10!!! Did I just screw myself?

Reactions: BelugaWhale