Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what happens if you go ahead and schedule delivery while you're waiting for trade-in info, did you ask them?

Is this the first time you submitted trade-in info or did your first time expire and you re-submitted? I heard that some that had theirs expire was able to get it extended, but more often they had to re-submit with just updated mileage.

I have VIN but no scheduled delivery date (haven't been given the option yet) and my trade-in quote expire in 2 days.

I had actually completed most the trade-in process (at the point of taking pictures of the odometer) and completed all of the financing through Tesla. But later the financing was removed after the text to allow me to change my options. An SA I spoke to when I visited an SC said it was cancelled because delivery was too far out… well, apparently not. I stopped the trade-in process at the same time and it was eventually reset as if I hadn’t done anything.

• Helpful
Reactions: chobra
OD - 01/18 6:00 AM PST--MYLR MSM BLACK 19" WHEEL
EDD 2/9 - 3/9
1/23/23 EDD 2/20 - 3/27
** Update 2/5/23 8:00 am
EDD CHANGED 2/16 - 3/16
*** 2/14/23 6:00 am
EDD CHANGED AGAIN 3/12 - 3/31...
kind of mad about this when I have seen several model y with same options either being delivered or for sale on the Tesla site --- none in my area though...

** 2/16 canceled order ---- found nice 2022 MY for about 7k cheaper and it only had 1,000 miles on it. Really like Tesla cars but, the bullshit with ordering and getting "passed over" to fill a area like ohio with uneeded cars sucks ! Should be fill the orders as the come into the queue. There shouldn't be " can only be registered in such and such".... it's not like the USA is separate countries grouped together... I can by any other car from a neighboring state and registered it at my home state-- why can't I do that with a tesla ?

So you don't qualify for the $7500 tax credit?

Reactions: hp1234
So you don't qualify for the $7500 tax credit?
Yes, I would have gotten the $7500 tax credit but, who know when I would actually get the ordered car from Tesla..... I also thought that with the good deal I am getting with the used model y and the fact that Tesla will move to HW4 this year.... I'll just buy this now and maybe in a year or 2 upgrade to get the HW4 system with better cameras..

Tesla is trying to sell the old regular model Y via local inventory until march 31 now. Some people have moved to April and May so they can buy this crap.
Possible Tesla is trying to sell all 4680 batteries from China (CATL) :rolleyes:

Some market experts are forecasting challenges with ICE vehicle sales as EVs become more popular.

No look at the halo effect on other parts of the automotive industry. How many gas stations will go under? How much will EV charging infrastructure improve with Tesla rapidly expanding their infrastructure along with federal investment? How many people will wait an extra year to two to save up for the EV rather than buy a new or used ICE vehicle? How many more people will overcome the resistance to an EV as drive one?

There will be a market for ICE vehicles in five years. I just believe the issue will be a glut of used ICE vehicles as people continue to choose to replace them with EVs.
I definitely agree that the EV market will continue to expand at the expense of the ICEV market, but I'm not sure if that will translate into high resale value for the current generation of EVs as better and cheaper alternatives continue to become more available.

Welp, was all excited to finally pick up my car on Sunday morning… saw the call come in thinking it was to finalize details but instead it was “During our QC check we found that the lift gate was damaged during shipping and so we won’t be able to release the car to you.” 😩😩😫😫😖😖
So now here I am waiting on another VIN. I feel like I’m starting all over again!
Does everyone get this text?

MYLR all defaults/no upgrades

OD 1/23
EDD initial: Jan - Mar 31E
End of Jan EDD updated to: Feb 27 - Mar 31
Delivery: Dallas area and
No updates for last 3-4 weeks on EDD or VIN

I filled in all the required information like delivery, registration etc. no trade-in. Only thing to do is financing but SA advised to not apply for loan until VIN assignment.

I continue to see the following in the Tesla app: "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery" (see screen shot from the app); but I have completed everything I could so far.

Anyone else see this? Am i missing anything that I should complete?

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpg
    IMG_2871.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 110
I got Vin assigned yesterday in NJ and and told to pick in next 3 days. I have family emergency and would be able to pick in March. I was told told I can put on hold for 14 days but Vin would be relased. They can't gurantee new Vin untill it is put on hold and factory assigns new one at some point. I don't want to miss on full fed credit after March. What is the chance they would put me back in the queue and not assign me another Vin in March ?

Some market experts are forecasting challenges with ICE vehicle sales as EVs become more popular. Consider the volume and popularity of EVs five years ago. Look at Tesla today as they are 17% of all new car sales in California. Automakers like GM and Ford are advertising today many new EVs in moderate volume in 2024 through 2026. With the rapid increase in EVs, who will want the older technology knowing it is getting more obsolescent every year?

No look at the halo effect on other parts of the automotive industry. How many gas stations will go under? How much will EV charging infrastructure improve with Tesla rapidly expanding their infrastructure along with federal investment? How many people will wait an extra year to two to save up for the EV rather than buy a new or used ICE vehicle? How many more people will overcome the resistance to an EV as drive one?

There will be a market for ICE vehicles in five years. I just believe the issue will be a glut of used ICE vehicles as people continue to choose to replace them with EVs.

and ... EDD updated from 2/16-3/16 to 2/24-3/10. At least it is a narrower window.

Also 3rd party repair shops.. I agree - I suspect the issue will start a decline spiral as gas stations close, oil companies cut back and ICE prices start to drop. The change might be slow at first but will accelerate.

Used vehicles might end up becoming very cheap which would then be an attractive option to folks in lower income brackets. Of course obtaining gas will become even more difficult and likely expensive.

A "hidden" issue is the environmental cleanup of gas stations and some refineries once they close.

My credit union told me they could either cut me a check or do a wire transfer the same day I applied for the loan.
Yep, that's basically what my credit union did. I ordered on the 13th and was assigned a VIN the same day (MYLR in inventory) and the latest I could schedule to pick up was the 18th. My credit union approved my loan a few hours after submitting and put the money directly into my account where I then wire transferred the money to Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: zroger73
MYLR all defaults/no upgrades

OD 1/23
EDD initial: Jan - Mar 31E
End of Jan EDD updated to: Feb 27 - Mar 31
Delivery: Dallas area and
No updates for last 3-4 weeks on EDD or VIN

I filled in all the required information like delivery, registration etc. no trade-in. Only thing to do is financing but SA advised to not apply for loan until VIN assignment.

I continue to see the following in the Tesla app: "Complete your tasks to avoid delays in delivery" (see screen shot from the app); but I have completed everything I could so far.

Anyone else see this? Am i missing anything that I should complete?
Yeah, SA told me the same thing... got my VIN yesterday and the available appointment dates are 2/20 and 2/21... now I'm in a panic trying to get things done!

Realistically speaking, the SA is right. If the delivery date is past the expiration of the loan, would have to be redone anyway.

But things change... for the better (earlier than EDD) AND worse (now behind on tasks) apparently.

Reactions: firsttimer