Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need suggestion.
I have ordered MODELYLR WHITE/BLACK/ 19 inch on 01/25.
today I saw one in inventory with WHITE/BLACK/20 INCH/ TOW HITCH.
I have quickly called Tesla to assign it to me , the odometer is 15 and it is on the way to Seattle . Delivery is scheduled for 28th feb, its Fremont build. Should I take the delivery or should I wait for standard version? is it worth to spend $3k for tax credit. Does all Fremont build car have Matrix lights?
Tough ask. I have the same order MYLR W/B/19 and I am risking the tax credit to get it in March. ODD 1/20 and EDD 3/04 to 3/31. Personally, I don't see myself towing anything with an EV and 20" wheels are a big NO for me because they reduce comfort and get flat/damaged easily. But you can always sell the 20" wheels and buy the 19" afterwards. As far as I am concerned, I am just hoping that the new guidelines will be effective sometime after March to get the base configuration. I personally don't want the hassle of removing 20", buying and installing the 19" and then selling the 20" but totally up to you.

Reactions: 455dan and FanboyNC
I am supposed to take delivery of my Y tomorrow, after which I am taking it on an 850-mile road trip. We are a little nervous about taking this on being first-time EV car owners, but we are looking forward to getting through it. Oh and before that trip I am doing DIY ppf for the front bumper, hood, quarter panels, lights, mirrors, and lower half doors. I'll probably do a ceramic coating down the line after the PPF cures. No pressure.
We did our first major roadtrip in our MY last October. I WAS VERY NERVOUS, NGL! We did 721 miles one way for our first one.
Left the house with a full charge, punched in navigation where we were going, let the car tell us when to stop, and added some stops in there as well. It was so easy, I would give road-trips in a Tesla, 10/10! Definitely add some time onto your trip for supercharging, some of them are off the beaten path.
But otherwise, have fun!!!!

Tough ask. I have the same order MYLR W/B/19 and I am risking the tax credit to get it in March. ODD 1/20 and EDD 3/04 to 3/31. Personally, I don't see myself towing anything with an EV and 20" wheels are a big NO for me because they reduce comfort and get flat/damaged easily. But you can always sell the 20" wheels and buy the 19" afterwards. As far as I am concerned, I am just hoping that the new guidelines will be effective sometime after March to get the base configuration. I personally don't want the hassle of removing 20", buying and installing the 19" and then selling the 20" but totally up to you.
It might be the packrat in me... but instead of selling the 20" later, if you have a place to store them (and can rotate tires), keep them as spares. Whenever I had a flat with my older car, I would swap over to the spare in the trunk until I got home. Then, I'd take two of the old set of wheels and tires and mount them in place of the spare and remaining wheel on same axle. This lets me drive a more normal speed than the limited donut can until the flat tire is properly fixed or replaced.

Of course, Tesla doesn't have spare tires. I've never use those fix-it kits that fill the tires with foam or whatever, but I'd guess I'd still swap them out as soon as I get home if I have extra wheels/tires.

We did our first major roadtrip in our MY last October. I WAS VERY NERVOUS, NGL! We did 721 miles one way for our first one.
Left the house with a full charge, punched in navigation where we were going, let the car tell us when to stop, and added some stops in there as well. It was so easy, I would give road-trips in a Tesla, 10/10! Definitely add some time onto your trip for supercharging, some of them are off the beaten path.
But otherwise, have fun!!!!

That's good to know! The wife and I are aggressive road trippers. It normally takes us 12 hours to do this 850 mile trip. Tesla's trip planner says 16.5 hours and six charges on the way.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
That's good to know! The wife and I are aggressive road trippers. It normally takes us 12 hours to do this 850 mile trip. Tesla's trip planner says 16.5 hours and six charges on the way.
EV road-trips require a change in style. We used to drive with no stops pre-EV and we find the charge stops to be very refreshing. The trip takes longer but we feel less tired when we arrive strangely. And that is road tripping in a Mini Cooper SE. We haven’t received our Tesla yet and can’t wait to road trip in it.

I am supposed to take delivery of my Y tomorrow, after which I am taking it on an 850-mile road trip. We are a little nervous about taking this on being first-time EV car owners, but we are looking forward to getting through it. Oh and before that trip I am doing DIY ppf for the front bumper, hood, quarter panels, lights, mirrors, and lower half doors. I'll probably do a ceramic coating down the line after the PPF cures. No pressure.
I was worried on my first road trip which was about 500 miles. The navigation system will add super charger stops along the way. Note that it plans to get you to your destination with about 20% battery as it assumes you can charge at your destination, which isn't always the case. I always just do an 80% charge at the closest super charger to my destination if I don't have an option to charge where I am going.

MYLR, MSM , Black interior, 19" Gemini wheels, EDD: Jan - Mar 31
OD: 1/17
Updated EDD (1/26) Feb 11- Mar 11
Updated EDD (2/12) Feb 22 - Mar 8

Received VIN and Delivery date (Feb 21) within two hours apart on Thursday Feb 16, 2023. I was not given a window for the delivery. I accepted Feb 21st to pick up as it is convenient for me. Is it normal to get the VIN and delivery date on the same day?

I think that since you're in Austin, it's perfectly understandable if that's where your car is being built. The further you are from the factory, the longer the lead time. My car was built on 2/14 and is expected to arrive at the SC on 2/27, and I still don't have a delivery date.

MYLR, MSM , Black interior, 19" Gemini wheels, EDD: Jan - Mar 31
OD: 1/17 EDD: Jan-Mar 31

Updated EDD (1/26) Feb 11- Mar 11
Updated EDD (2/12) Feb 22 - Mar 18

MYLR, MSM, Black,19" Gemini
OD: Jan 17 - EDD: Jan - Mar 31
Updated EDD (1/26): Feb 11- Mar 11
Updated EDD (2/12): Feb 22 - Mar 8
VIN: 2/16, 7:01 AM
DD: 2/16, 9:01 AM
Pickup: 2/21

This morning I picked up my car. I went half an hour earlier and checked out the car from outside. The car looked perfectly fine except for a couple of scuff marks and a minor scratch. The sales advisor took the car inside the shop and got back in a couple of minutes, perfectly buffed. The interior was perfect. The trim on the right wheel well was not seated well and the SA opened a service call for that. The odometer has 3 miles on it. Overall, I'm happy with the delivery process and the car.

I got a lot of useful information from this forum and thank everyone! I wish the best for those are waiting for your MY!

MYLR W/W 19"
OD 1/20
EDD #1: Feb-Mar
EDD #2 on Jan 27: Feb 22 - Mar 29
EDD #3 on Feb 5: Feb 22 - Mar 31
Changed to Blue/Black with 20's on Feb 10, no immediate change to EDD
EDD #4 on Feb 12: Feb 21 - Mar 7
Got VIN Feb 14 with EDD update #5
EDD #5 on Feb 14: Feb 25 - Mar 4
Delivery schedule request on Feb 21
Delivery to home scheduled for Feb 27

Just looking at the order tracker, I'm surprised how few MYs have been delivered that were ordered from 1/13 to 1/16 and at the sea of blank cells in the spreadsheet for vehicles ordered since 1/17. It feels like instead of shipping and delivering vehicles by the truckload as they are built, they're storing them to unleash at a later date for some reason. Maybe they're having trouble finding choo choo trains and transport trucks to move them - I know that's been a bottleneck in the industry for a while in addition to parts shortages.
order tracker? link plz

I received the "...great news! We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. Review and finalize...."
I've seen some people say this is a general mass text message.

For people who have received this - have you found this to be accurate? How soon after the text did you receive your VIN?

Reactions: sdq_11
  • Helpful
Reactions: erktrek and BailMY
MYLR W/W 19"
OD 1/20
Austin or Freemont? Im dying to know if anyones taken a PA07 at this point

MYLR W/W 19"
OD 1/20
You are killing me jwilly :) where in socal? Is your vin is PA076***? Or PA075***?