Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Texas does not allow direct sales. If you are not going to pay for it before you see it, I dont think you will be buying a new one. Unless something has changed very recently, for states they cant sell in, Tesla sells you the car in CA, then delivers your already purchased car to you.
So, what happens if the vehicle is in unacceptable condition at the time of delivery? Is the Texas buyer stuck with it or can the deal be "unwound"?

So, what happens if the vehicle is in unacceptable condition at the time of delivery? Is the Texas buyer stuck with it or is the deal "unwound"?
The texas buyer is stuck, as they already own the car. Tesla doesnt unwind deals as a rule, just like other dealers dont. Perhaps you want to engage with other texas buyers in the texas subforum to get clarification of details, but Texas does not allow direct sales of vehicles by manufacturers (protecting the dealer lobby).

This is not a Tesla thing, its a Texas law thing.

The texas buyer is stuck, as they already own the car. Tesla doesnt unwind deals as a rule, just like other dealers dont. Perhaps you want to engage with other texas buyers in the texas subforum to get clarification of details, but Texas does not allow direct sales of vehicles by manufacturers (protecting the dealer lobby).

Chuck_Norris_Removes_Obstacles_for_his_team.gif

Chobra has been removed from thread

• Funny
Reactions: Sohaib89
Which, if that happens and march / april deliveries start to see HW4, is absolutely, positively, 100% going to happen. I have no idea on HW4 timelines, and frankly dont really care, but if the above happens, people will flock here to "talk" about it.
I was thinking it would be pretty ironic if my March delivered MYLR includes HW4 equipment and upgraded motor as well as qualifies for the full IRA tax credit. Or maybe I'll just join the 'whine-of-the-month club'.

Glad to see another Minnesotan here! We have a few others one of them already took delivery.

You are welcome to check out another thread here.

Thank you!!

Reactions: scionbox and Tcorn

Does the payment through Plaid count as direct sales? If not, then couldn’t you inspect the car, then simply pay through Plaid?

The day has finally come, VIN assigned! Here's an overview of my journey

OD: 1/15 MYLR White/Black/20”
EDD: Jan-March
EDD2 on 1/23 -> 1/29-2/26
EDD3 on 1/30 -> 2/9-3/9

2/3 updated to MYP White/Black

EDD4 on 2/5 -> 2/5-2/18
Then day-by-day changes
EDD5 -> 2/6-2/18
EDD6 -> 2/7-2/18
EDD7 -> 2/8-2/18
EDD8 -> 2/9-2/18
EDD9 on 2/9 -> 2/18-3/18
EDD10 on 2/19 -> 2/23-3/9

Got the "Your VIN should be assigned in 1-2 weeks" yesterday, 2/21

VIN assigned today, 2/22
Delivery scheduled for 2/28

Last edited:
Does the payment through Plaid count as direct sales? If not, then couldn’t you inspect the car, then simply pay through Plaid?

Im not in texas, but from my understanding the car is not put on a carrier to get to a person until its paid for. Perhaps something has changed, but that is for people who have recently taken delivery in Texas tto say.

The day has finally come, VIN assigned! Here's an overview of my journey

OD: 1/15 MYLR White/Black/20”
EDD: Jan-March
EDD2 on 1/23 -> 1/29-2/26
EDD3 on 1/30 -> 2/9-3/9

2/3 updated to MYP White/Black

EDD4 on 2/5 -> 2/5-2/18
Then day-by-day changes
EDD5 -> 2/6-2/18
EDD6 -> 2/7-2/18
EDD7 -> 2/8-2/18
EDD8 -> 2/9-2/18
EDD9 on 2/9 -> 2/18-3/18
EDD10 on 2/19 -> 2/23-3/9

VIN assigned today, 2/22
Delivery scheduled for 2/28
The turn around from VIN assignment -> Delivery does seem a little quick based on what I've been reading. I got the schedule delivery text 20 minutes after the VIN assignment. How can I determine if this is a reject?
I saw someone mention that they received different birth dates of their Model Y's from different people, so I'm not sure whether to trust my SA when they get back to me.

Last edited: