Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you need smoother experience then 19" wheels MYLR is best. But if you need a feel of a sports car then MYP worth the extra 4k. I drove MYLR and MYP and I really like the pickup of MYP at turns and intersection.

Following are the major differences.

1. 21" wheels compared to 19" ( remember 2k extra for just 20" wheels on MYLR)
2. Upgraded rear motor
3. Spoiler and aluminum pedals ( it's just cosmetic but still I like it)
4. Also I see better tires comes with MYP (Michelin) but yes they are staggered and need to be changed like every 4 years based on usage.
Also, you could always purchase the acceleration boost for the MY LR and M3 LR to get a slightly faster pickup (not sure if SR can get it too). However, it is $2000 (+tax) so opinions on whether it's worth or not will vary across people.

MYP is 0-60 in 3.5 seconds whereas MY LR is 0-60 is 4.8 seconds. IIRC, the acceleration boost will improve the MY LR's 0-60 by 0.6 seconds so it would now be 4.2 seconds.

How to get the agent to honor the old price on reservation? Any suggestions on what to say are welcomed 🙏

Want a car from inventory but is about $3K costlier
I had the SA transfer my inventory order VIN to my old order to get better pricing. I basically said something like - I placed a second order for inventory car not knowing that I could have edited the first order to select inventory car. Requested that VIN from second order be moved to first order to get better pricing - he did it in like 30 seconds and app refreshed. The downside is that I had to complete all pre-delivery tasks again, including Tesla financing. Hope that helps

Hey, congrats! How did delivery go? Did you get the matrix headlights? Been waiting for somebody to pick up a late Feb Austin build!

pick up went smoothly. had my brother with me to inspect at pickup and everything was good.

minor swirls and stuff on the paint but was easily wiped off.

rained the night before i picked up so the car was a little dirty,

no matrix headlights and didn't see any on the other cars that were there.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 114
OD: 1/15 for W/W/19 No other options
VIN: PF684
2/22: Delivered in VA! The car came with matrix headlights, cargo cover, and J1772 adapter. No mudguards, no PPF, and the front plate bracket was not installed.

I went over the car and did not find any issues. The passenger side door is slightly mis-aligned at the leading edge so it's not completely/perfectly flush, but it's pretty darned close. I am not going to mess with it. There are some large gaps between certain body and trim pieces but they just look poorly designed rather than an assembly issue. This exterior build quality is superior to the last two Honda Odysseys I owned but not as good as the various Mercedes I've had. After getting it home, I went over the car carefully with a high CRI LED paint inspection light and couldn't find a single scratch or even swirl marks after claying the front end of the car to prep for front-end PPF.

I picked the car up at 5PM, ate dinner, and started the wash/clay/PPF at 6, and finished at 12. Disaster struck while doing the bumper as I tore a 12-inch gash by pulling on the film too hard without softening it with a heat gun first. I thought all was lost but was somehow able to piece it back together with a very fine seam that is invisible from more than 3 feet away. I also put in the 3D Maxpider floor mats (I'm underwhelmed by this well-reviewed brand), and installed OEM front mudguards (very nice!). Other doodads include a simple USB-C to 4-USB-A hub, and a USB wire through-hole trim piece for the storage cubby. After mounting the EZ pass, that was that.

Next day we set out on our 850-mile road trip at about 10 am and the entire trip took 17 hours. Staying true to our aggressive-road-trip style, we only ate once for the whole trip but did a lot of napping while charging. It was pretty stress-free in the sense that there was always a supercharger coming up soon down the road. The lowest we got in the battery was about 13 percent on one push. We played with the enhanced autopilot all trip long and are at the same time amazed by its capabilities and dismayed by its limitations. On the whole, autopilot/enhanced-autopilot made it a lot less stressful to drive, as you can fall back more to muscle memory in terms of monitoring the drive, instead of being constantly alert. However, it appears to not work well at night because navigating on autopilot never worked for us after it got really dark.

In summary, we are really happy with the car. Ride quality is firm/bumpy but reasonably comfortable. The car has a low-frequency rumble at speed, probably due to its large interior volume and expansive glass panels. The audio system is spectacular (I work in the audio industry).

I had the SA transfer my inventory order VIN to my old order to get better pricing. I basically said something like - I placed a second order for inventory car not knowing that I could have edited the first order to select inventory car. Requested that VIN from second order be moved to first order to get better pricing - he did it in like 30 seconds and app refreshed. The downside is that I had to complete all pre-delivery tasks again, including Tesla financing. Hope that helps
Thank you. That certainly helps.

Gosh, I love black cars...the day I bring them home. I hate them every day after that because of the effort required to keep them looking like they did on day one, so it's "company car white" for me. :)

yeah...it's tough to maintain that shiny look.

dropping the car off later today to get the clear bra ppf and ceramic coating. waiting for the rear spoiler to be delivered today so they can put it on before they start work,

Also, you could always purchase the acceleration boost for the MY LR and M3 LR to get a slightly faster pickup (not sure if SR can get it too). However, it is $2000 (+tax) so opinions on whether it's worth or not will vary across people.

MYP is 0-60 in 3.5 seconds whereas MY LR is 0-60 is 4.8 seconds. IIRC, the acceleration boost will improve the MY LR's 0-60 by 0.6 seconds so it would now be 4.2 seconds.
not to split hairs but...lr is actually 4.5 sec as they are including .3 sec for rollout whereas on the p they are not. testing from car magazines confirm lr comes in under 4.5sec. one way to make p seem that much faster to increase profit margins.

NVIDIA_Share_odhxjpk3gq.png

If you need smoother experience then 19" wheels MYLR is best. But if you need a feel of a sports car then MYP worth the extra 4k. I drove MYLR and MYP and I really like the pickup of MYP at turns and intersection.

Following are the major differences.

1. 21" wheels compared to 19" ( remember 2k extra for just 20" wheels on MYLR)
2. Upgraded rear motor
3. Spoiler and aluminum pedals ( it's just cosmetic but still I like it)
4. Also I see better tires comes with MYP (Michelin) but yes they are staggered and need to be changed like every 4 years based on usage.
The rear motor is the same across the MY. Or at least there are MYLR that have the same motor as the MYP (4D1).

Rather than upgraded, its more like a “less restricted” motor.

As for the pickup… maybe I’m just not in that “space” yet, due to being perfectly fine with 0-60 in 8-9-10 seconds or so of my 2019 Honda HR-V or 2010 Honda Fit (which I supercharged for shits and giggles as if to spite all the bullshitters that said they’d do it, but chickened out). I tried seeing how fast I could pull 0-60 in my Fit before the supercharger and got around 10 seconds… never tried 0-60 after that (with either vehicle).

Anyway, I digress.. what I was trying to say was… dunno if I’d notice the pickup difference between MYLR and MYP. It’s in the realm of tape measures and stopwatches, which is beyond me. I mainly got MYP for the software options and already included suspension change.
4k. In my opinion MYP does not offer the value for money for that extra 4k. Other than slightly better acceleration, parts like spoiler, brake caliper covers and aluminum pedals can be installed DIY for no more than 1k. Also MYLR has better suspension and ground clearance
Better suspension is subjective. A lower center of gravity (via shorter/stiffer springs) usually helps lessen body roll. I will prioritize lessening body roll over how it feels when going over bumps or ground clearance.

So, you want to talk value for money and then suggest parts that can be installed for $1k?

Let’s continue that, shall we?

As predeep1231 mentioned, the wheels will costs something similar to switching to 20”, so $2k+. Now you’re within $1k.

Also mentioned was acceleration boost, which is another $2k. Now, you’re spending $1k more than the MYP and still haven’t matched the acceleration and top speed.

Now, with the recent holiday update, MYP gets track mode in software. This allows a number of changes, some data gathering and even lap time recording. One of the changes I look forward to, is adjusting the output ratio of front vs rear (granted, it’s by lowering output of one of the motors).

If none of these things are interesting to you.. that means money for value was never really a consideration to begin with. You simply liked the MYLR and tried to justify it for no reason. Not sure why people find it necessary to justify liking something. You like it, great. If not, oh well.

Last edited:
I have a friend in Spring TX and have had conversations with him about EV's. He'd love to buy one but won't for the same reasons you mentioned. I always get a kick out of driving along I-40 in TX past miles and miles of windmills and seeing derricks amongst the thousands of windmills. It's must really grate on all the rednecks. I wonder if they've figured out a way to vandalized those as well. What a truly sad commentary on the state of this country and the power of big oil & coal industry to mis-inform the simple minded.

i really dont get out and explore texas at all...

born and raised here and have family in spring. i've never heard of I-40 and dont ever recall seeing windmills and derricks.

i dont do well on road trips so i fly everywhere. 🤦‍♀️

Looks like another EDD push out today for me.

MYLR MSM/W/19
OD - 1/14
EDD1 - 1/20 - 2/10
EDD2 - 2/20 - 3/20
EDD3 - 2/24 - 3/10

No Vin assigned
That pretty much seems like a "glass half empty" attitude! Given that today IS 2/24, just how is it you feel you're getting pushed out when your end date actually shortened by 10 days? Did you expect on 2/24 (today) they were somehow going to deliver it on the 2/20 via time machine?

Reactions: Goobers
i really dont get out and explore texas at all...

born and raised here and have family in spring. i've never heard of I-40 and dont ever recall seeing windmills and derricks.

i dont do well on road trips so i fly everywhere. 🤦‍♀️
This post piqued my interest so I googled Interstate 40. It crosses the Texas panhandle as it stretches from southern California to North Carolina. Traveling the entire length would be a worthy road trip for a MY.

I40 Interstate.png