Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This post piqued my interest so I googled Interstate 40. It crosses the Texas panhandle as it stretches from southern California to North Carolina. Traveling the entire length would be a worthy road trip for a MY.

View attachment 910764
Let me know if any of you guys plan to do it.. I live close to the beginning of I-40 in North Carolina. We can do a Model Y road trip together :cool:

Just a thought here folks. For those of us anxiously awaiting news of our VIN/Delivery dates and contributing to this thread. A 1 line reply saying "Got my VIN today" is good for you, but not very helpful to the collective here. I just modified my signature to show my Order status so it's there for any comment I make and others don't have to guess. You only get 3 lines for signature, so you have to be creative, but please consider doing this. Note my signature below. And if you're lurking in this thread months later, this might not make sense as my sigature will likely be changed, but I'm sure you can figure it out!

This is interesting, my delivery was 6 days ago, as far as I know, nothing has changed with Tesla Vision since then, but there was no message or confirmation about it then. I definitely don't have ultrasonic sensors, and wasn't expecting them since that change started in October. Did Tesla get a bunch of reports of upset customers who expected this feature? 🤔
I am upset my 2023 MYLR does not have park assist distance readouts like my 2022 M3LR. I knew this was going to be the case, but hope that they address it with OTA updates at some future point. I don't technically 'need' it, but it is a nice feature to have.

Just a thought here folks. For those of us anxiously awaiting news of our VIN/Delivery dates and contributing to this thread. A 1 line reply saying "Got my VIN today" is good for you, but not very helpful to the collective here. I just modified my signature to show my Order status so it's there for any comment I make and others don't have to guess. You only get 3 lines for signature, so you have to be creative, but please consider doing this. Note my signature below. And if you're lurking in this thread months later, this might not make sense as my sigature will likely be changed, but I'm sure you can figure it out!
Thanks for this great idea!!

Reactions: Mainuh
nice idea

Reactions: Mainuh and erktrek
I like your idea and thought about pointing it out here as well. I am glad that you have done it!

Reactions: Mainuh and erktrek
OD 2/11, Red, MYAWD, Induction wheels, Vin was there within a day or 2, #PA074, EDD 2/23-3/21, on 2/21 changed to another car that SA said was built already and coming in sooner, same build specs, new vin #PA080, EDD did not change, both SA and text from 510 number said expect the car around 3/1, 3/2, today EDD changed to 2/26-3/7

Reactions: Mr_Joe
so lets say I am from Georgia and i see a car in Ohio that says than can only be registered in Ohio i can still contact my SA and get that? the only thing is i have to take delivery from Ohio?
I'm not sure about Georgia, but it certainly works with Tennessee. I talked with SA, he said that car can't be rerouted anywhere, but there is no problems picking it up from OH. He also said that registration documents will be sent to Nashville for vehicle to be properly registered in TN.

For those in Chicago/Midwest looking for PPF, I may come back and leave a review for that place (to be named later). Initial thoughts were that the place was clean, front desk person was very easy to talk to, and they were excited to do a full PPF on my Tesla (I mean, they're getting $5000 from me, so makes sense). It's so interesting getting notifications when they leave the doors open haha.
Following up! Had at Tinting Chicago this week, and they took great care of my baby (now named TYLR). Stuck with the gloss XPEL, which they charged a flat $5000 (no additional taxes/fees above that) for full body PPF and my front headlights (as a heads-up, they are increasing cost to $5500 for gloss and $6500 for stealth). My parents picked it up for me - they did provide the warranty card with all pertinent information for the 10 year warranty. They did buff out the one mark on a door that I saw at Tesla. My only qualm was they did not put PPF over the window sealant that went onto the pillar, nor did they try to take it off. In their defense, that's something I am not sure I can do. Overall, impressed with their work and definitely recommend!! They have three locations in Chicago, and post all the time on social media with their work.
Screenshot_20230224-132219.png

OD 1/17/23
MYLR Blue/Black no other changes
EDD Jan-Mar
EDD Feb 19-Mar 19
EDD Feb 28-Mar 17
Feb 21: VIN will be assigned in 1 to 2 weeks
Feb 23 night: VIN Assigned (PF69XXXX)
Fremont Build
Current EDD Mar 9-16 (We will reach out to schedule your delivery soon)

Does PF69 means not a recent build(I see ppl with 70 VIN)? Is there a way to check build date with VIN#?

This is interesting, my delivery was 6 days ago, as far as I know, nothing has changed with Tesla Vision since then, but there was no message or confirmation about it then. I definitely don't have ultrasonic sensors, and wasn't expecting them since that change started in October. Did Tesla get a bunch of reports of upset customers who expected this feature? 🤔
I thought the Tesla Vision rollout for the parking warnings was not released yet. I know there are videos on youtube showing the Tesla vision warning system in action but I don't think that it is an universal roll out yet and they are still tweaking the settings. I would be happy to be wrong if someone can correct me.

OD 1/17/23
EDD Jan-Mar
EDD Feb 19-Mar 19
EDD Feb 28-Mar 17
Fremont Build

Does PF69 means not a recent build(I see ppl with 70 VIN)? Is there a way to check build date with VIN#?
You might be mixing up numbers… there were 074 and 080, but they were from a different sequence… namely the VINs from Austin, not Fremont.

Mine is PF682xxx which has a build date of 02/2023. So I’m not sure how much more recent you want PF69xxxx.

OD 1/17/23
EDD Jan-Mar
EDD Feb 19-Mar 19
EDD Feb 28-Mar 17
Fremont Build

Ask the 510 number for build date