Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 1/20 W/B/19 TOW

EDD 3/18-3/31
Today change to4/14-5/15.

I am going to change color to the red I really wanted. If that doesn't change anything I am going to start looking at used 2022. I don't want to keep dealing with this since I have outside financing approval through March 31.

Any thoughts on the 2022 version?
If you shop for a 2022, get one with ultrasonic sensors (removed Nov 2022). These are needed for the Park Assist feature. You can see the USS as four small circles on the front bumper and the rear bumper. This feature makes the 2022 MY better than the 2023 version getting delivered now. However, you may prefer the suspension on the 2023 which is softer than the 2022 MY.

OD 1/15
MYLR AEP MSM 20
I just scheduled my delivery date on Monday my app shows to make the payment now to delay the process what should I do and when should I pay and how should I pay please advise.
Can o give them a personal cheque?
Any recommendations on insurance for Tesla

Last edited:
Just like many others today, my EDD got pushed to Apr 9 to May 11.
It was March 13 to March 31st.
OD 1/19, NJ delivery.
MYLR/gray/black/19

Really frustrating.

Now I am rethinking if I should cancel because not only losing the best rate of 3.74% I got and might lose half of tax credit.

I just checked new rates and it's above 5.25%.

Not saving much money with higher rates and loss of tax credit.

Reactions: maytaurustiger
If you shop for a 2022, get one with ultrasonic sensors (removed Nov 2022). These are needed for the Park Assist feature. You can see the USS as four small circles on the front bumper and the rear bumper. This feature makes the 2022 MY better than the 2023 version getting delivered now. However, you may prefer the suspension on the 2023 which is softer than the 2022 MY.
I actually was just offered same configuration except AWD with delivery this week. Decided to just go for it. 1k less but obviously less range. For my purposes it's fine. Wanted to make sure to get my lower financing and the full credit. Not super happy but overall made sense.

As someone prophesied here, received my VIN 10 minutes before the start of the Tesla Investor Day broadcast :p
PA083,XXX (Austin build). New EDD 3/13-3/22.
Wawaweewa! This morning received a text to schedule my delivery! Had 3 days to choose from, selected the earliest possible on 3/14. Fingers and toes crossed everything goes smoothly with the pick-up, and really hoping the Treasury remains silent for at least one more week re federal tax credit.

Received my Tesmanian floor mats yesterday, so perfect timing. Will send another update on my delivery experience.

OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan (Interest 5.34%, Dwn Payment $38K, 36 Months term) and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
After many Texts no answer.
Again today they pushed the EDD to Apr 10 - May 15

Cancelling the order Today

Reason of Order : Gift to daughter
Reason of cancel: 100% They are Prioritizing Increased price orders and forcing us to cancel.
Finally $250 Gift to Elon.
Bye bye TESLA !! and no more...
Feeling Frustrated !!

OD 1/15/23
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan (Interest 5.34%, Dwn Payment $38K, 36 Months term) and done registration process
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15

Reason of cancel: 100% They are Prioritizing Increased price orders and forcing us to cancel.
Feeling Frustrated !!
Couldn't agree more. Instead of cancelling, I will reject the order. You will probably get $250 if you dispute CC.

OD 1/15
MYLR AEP MSM 20
I just scheduled my delivery date on Monday my app shows to make the payment now to delay the process what should I do and when should I pay and how should I pay please advise.
Can o give them a personal cheque?
no personal check accepted. you can setup your bank info in Tesla app and pay the full amount there, or get a certified cashier check from you bank.

It's fun watching the theories. Not long ago, the theory was that Tesla didn't have any 19" wheels. I see lots of 19" wheels (and other sizes) in these videos from yesterday. :)

It is not about inventory but about the profit. Tesla makes more money with 20" wheels. If you are in business, would you want to make maximum profit? If two persons order the same configuration except the wheels and you have one car available soon, will you ship the car to the person ordered 19" or 20" wheels first so you can secure the extra profit?

My $1000 wall charger setup will be for nothing and over $1800 in model Y accessories in my workshop are beyond their Aamzon return dates and will likely have to be sold at a loss. If that happens my Tesla "buying" experience will be worse than just about any other car buying experience I've had. Off soap box... morning rant complete. 😵‍💫

I'm in the market for cheap accessories :p

If he can find a 2023 built in the 3rd-4th week of October they had USS and comfort suspension. Or if one can find a 2022 built from Oct 7th onwards (like mine) you will have USS and comfort suspension.

When I picked up my Oct 14th build 2022 with USS and comfort suspension there was an identical car next to mine that was 2023 with USS. I picked up on Oct 28th. I missed the "unicorn" build by a few days...I almost rejected but if I had I may have ended up with a 2023 without USS which happened just a week or two later.

OD 1/15/23
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15

Feeling Frustrated !!
For what it’s worth my order moved up drastically today. Debunking everyone’s myth about prioritizing orders to maximize profit, local order delivery only, etc. You could keep your order and wait and see if your dates improve. I had almost no hope until this morning based solely on everyone’s speculation and rhetoric.

OD 1/26
EDD1 Feb-Mar
EDD2 Mar 14-31
EDD3 (2/14/23): April 10 - May 22
EDD4 (2/22/23): April 08 - May 13
EDD5 (3/7/23): March 15 - 31
Upstate New York
MYLR blue/black/19/tow.

It is not about inventory but about the profit. Tesla makes more money with 20" wheels. If you are in business, would you want to make maximum profit? If two persons order the same configuration except the wheels and you have one car available soon, will you ship the car to the person ordered 19" or 20" wheels first so you can secure the extra profit?
At the company I work for, we build and deliver products in the sequence that the orders are received. There is no advantage to prioritizing more profitable orders because they all have to be filled at some point - we can rip the Band-Aid off quickly or slowly, but either way, it has to come off. :) If we prioritized a $100,000 order over a $10,000 order and the $10,000 customer found out about this, we risk losing the $10,000 customer forever. Those $10,000 orders are actually just as important to us because they often represent first-time buyers and we hope to make them happy so they'll buy a $100,000 product from us in the future.

There are things that can and do affect production sequence, however, such as:

• We can't get the parts we need. This typically happens with more expensive, more profitable orders that tend to be more complicated and require more or special parts.
  • A buyer asks us to delay production because something happened on their end and they're not ready to take delivery.

They seem to be refining their end of Q1 delivery schedule. My EDD just shifted to Mar 29-31. Some of the last they are trying to squeeze into SoCal. My only hope now for the full rebate will be if it doesn't actually take effect in March, or the MY qualifies for the full rebate under the new rules. Nothing to do but cross my fingers and be ready to make a decision if the rebate is cut.

MYLR W/B/19
OD: 1/23
New EDD: Mar 29-31

Just like many others today, my EDD got pushed to Apr 9 to May 11.
It was March 13 to March 31st.
OD 1/19, NJ delivery.
MYLR/gray/black/19

Really frustrating.

Now I am rethinking if I should cancel because not only losing the best rate of 3.74% I got and might lose half of tax credit.

I just checked new rates and it's above 5.25%.

Not saving much money with higher rates and loss of tax credit.
Wonder how all this works.. @erktrek has the same config for NJ with a much later OD and he has a better EDD. Perhaps the tow matters?