Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR W/W no other options OD 1/18

My MYLR has been stuck on EDD end of May 14.

Looking at waiting for Tesla the only Model Ys with white interiors the only ones showing up seem to be 7 seaters.
Decided why not get the most bang for the buck this morning and changed the order to a White MY Performance and dropped the white interior. Price did only increased 3k.

I can always buy a set of 19 or even possibly 18 inch wheels and sell the Ubers in the future.

That 3.8 second to 60 has been tempting me for a while.
Maybe those that say upping the price will get a MY quicker.

Although I guess this would be the Performance Poverty Edition... :)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: slyderz3
MYLR W/W no other options OD 1/18

My MYLR has been stuck on EDD end of May 14.

Looking at waiting for Tesla the only Model Ys with white interiors the only ones showing up seem to be 7 seaters.
Decided why not get the most bang for the buck this morning and changed the order to a White MY Performance and dropped the white interior. Price did only increased 3k.

I can always buy a set of 19 or even possibly 18 inch wheels and sell the Ubers in the future.

That 3.5 second to 60 has been tempting me for a while.
Maybe those that say upping the price will get a MY quicker.

Although I guess this would be the Performance Poverty Edition... :)

Check Craiglist on the prices for Uberturbine and Gemini, they are close, so do not count on you will make a profit.

Reactions: beewang
When I edit my order, the price of MYP reflects the price it was at the time of my original order ($56,990).

(Now this has me thinking if I should actually upgrade to the MYP.) :confused:
The MYP is a relative bargain considering that for the same price as a MYLR with 20" wheels + acceleration boost, you also get:

• Guaranteed matrix headlights
  • Even faster 0-60 time (But, even 4.8s is still faster than the vast majority of automobiles on the road.)
  • Red caliper covers
  • Rear "spoiler"
  • 20 MPH faster top speed (When and where are you going to legally and safely go 135 MPH - let alone 155 MPH?)
  • Aluminum pedal covers

But, you also get:

• Less range
  • 21" wheels (with much more expensive tires) that are even more prone to curb rash and pothole damage than the 20" wheels
  • 1" less ground clearance
  • Stiffer, noisier ride

Also, I'd check into insurance to see if the insurance premium for the higher-performance MYP is acceptable to you.

For me, the disadvantages of the MYP outweigh the advantages regardless of price. I'd recommend thinking long and hard about choosing a MYP over a MYLR.

When I edit my order, the price of MYP reflects the price it was at the time of my original order ($56,990).

(Now this has me thinking if I should actually upgrade to the MYP.) :confused:
idk about edit but if you see in inventory just take the link and send it to the text/mail which you got for order confirmation.
or try contacting someone in showroom they should be able to help.

Not at all. I charge every day on 100% renewables. It's called solar. A lot of home owners have solar. Additionally, renewables in states like California operate a high percentage of Supercharger stations.
What I gave was an average of between 8000 miles (less for those of us that charge with Solar) and 80000 miles for those in dirty states like Kentucky that use coal to power their Superchargers. Regardless, it's far less than what was stated above.
Households such as yours are a tiny fraction of the US population, 8% according to a Pew study. More to the point, per the EPA, renewable energy generates only about 20% of all U.S. electricity...

So, any model that assumes that 90% of an EV's energy consumption will be generated from renewable sources is unrealistic and its conclusions should be designated as misinformation, IMHO.

One thing I can think of with regards to all these wild swings maybe logistics. They would need commitment from their logistics partner as to what they could transport and with the surge of orders in Jan maybe they couldn’t get enough support in this area and were trying to secure this through any means necessary. Logistics also could be impacted by all the weird weather patterns we are seeing across the country as there could be delays and cancellations.
Let's take Austin, for example. 3,000 MYs roll out from the side of the building under their own power per week. Assuming they operate 7 days per week, that's 428 MYs every day that have to be hauled off somewhere. Assuming they operate 24 hours per day, that's 17 MYs that have to be loaded onto transport trucks which hold 8 vehicles, so that's a hauler loading up and taking off every 20-30 minutes.

Households such as yours are a tiny fraction of the US population, 8% according to a Pew study. More to the point, per the EPA, renewable energy generates only about 20% of all U.S. electricity...

So, any model that assumes that 90% of an EV's energy consumption will be generated from renewable sources is unrealistic and its conclusions should be designated as misinformation, IMHO.
Very State dependent. Our state and especially the Northern part generates ~75% of All electricity with hydroelectric power.

Let's take Austin, for example. 3,000 MYs roll out from the side of the building under their own power per week. Assuming they operate 7 days per week, that's 428 MYs every day that have to be hauled off somewhere. Assuming they operate 24 hours per day, that's 17 MYs that have to be loaded onto transport trucks which hold 8 vehicles, so that's a hauler loading up and taking off every 20-30 minutes.
There are trains involved as well, for example from Fremont the cars get on a train till Alabama and then from there gets loaded up on trucks for the East coasters

I think they’re purposefully screwing with everyone who ordered at the all time low prices. Every $52,990 MYLR customer they can get to cancel their order let’s them sell it to someone at $54,990 base price. If I’d have cancelled, they would have assigned my car to someone ordering later at $1500-2000 more which helps their bottom line.

I would agree. Ordered a MYAWD MSM/Black/19" wheels/5 seat/ Towing from "inventory" on 2/9 after confirming with SA via chat that "it will arrive in 2 weeks". Received VIN PA074 and EDD of 2/22 to 3/22 immediately after completing the order since it was supposedly in "inventory", but EDD changed to TBD on 2/22 and is still TBD as of now.

2 days ago, the Waiting for Tesla discord channel alerted me at 12:20 am of the same exact configuration in "inventory" at a different SoCal location for $1000 more than the MYAWD I ordered ( Tesla increased the MYAWD price sometime around mid February) .

Since Tesla "Customer Service" is not 24/7, woke up at 6am Pacific to contact a Tesla SA via chat who told me that he cannot swap my order and advised me to call the Tesla location which will not open until 10am. Texted the 510 number but did not get any immediate replies. By 7:30 am, that "inventory" model as it was no longer available at tesla.com, probably snapped up by someone else. I finally got a reply from the 510 number around 10 am with the predictable answer "Sorry, but we are not able to swap your order".

Before anyone says "You shoulda just made a new order and paid $1000 more and another $250 order fee", I thought about it but decided not to because:
1. Waitingfortesla.com showed the Build Date for that new "inventory" MYAWD as 3/6 and ETA date to final destination as 3/7. This is highly suspect. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what has been posted, final delivery in SoCal is usually 7-10 days after Austin build dates. What if IRS release the new battery guidance before 3/17? I don't want to pay $1250 more and still end up missing out on the full $7500 EV credit anyways. And if I did make that 2nd order and turns out Tesla no longer qualifies for any EV credit after the new battery guidance, I'd be out 2x$250 order fees because for sure I'll be cancelling my order(s) .
2. It is in "Inventory", Fool me once...

BTW, if the person who ordered that MYAWD MSM/Black/19" wheels/5 seat/ Towing at Long Beach a few days ago is reading this, congratulations and enjoy your new car! and please share your EDD if you do not mind.

Reactions: Mainuh
I never attempted to cancel. Even if I’d bought a Toyota the other day, I’d have let the order ride and let them transport it to Tucson and just not responded and let it time out (give them a little if their own communication style).

This whole thread is living proof of their inconsistent EDD’s. I just find it hilariously ironic that the very day they blew off my 3/10-3/31 EDD and moved it out to May 21 was when my car was actually going through the assembly line in Austin. There’s something seriously wrong with that picture. I think they’re purposefully screwing with everyone who ordered at the all time low prices. Every $52,990 MYLR customer they can get to cancel their order let’s them sell it to someone at $54,990 base price. If I’d have cancelled, they would have assigned my car to someone ordering later at $1500-2000 more which helps their bottom line.
The date being bumped out really far right before VIN has been a common occurrence with Tesla's EDD machine for the past year I've been following the delivery threads. Why the system does this is a mystery. Sometimes it defaults people to the current vague dates associated with a brand new order and sometimes it gives specific dates but ones that would be more in line with a new order that day. Then a day or two later VIN is assigned out of the blue.
The system really needs some new programming.

2 days ago, the Waiting for Tesla discord channel alerted me at 12:20 am of the same exact configuration in "inventory" at a different SoCal location for $1000 more than the MYAWD I ordered ( Tesla increased the MYAWD price sometime around mid February) .

Since Tesla "Customer Service" is not 24/7, woke up at 6am Pacific to contact a Tesla SA via chat who told me that he cannot swap my order and advised me to call the Tesla location which will not open until 10am. Texted the 510 number but did not get any immediate replies. By 7:30 am, that "inventory" model as it was no longer available at tesla.com, probably snapped up by someone else. I finally got a reply from the 510 number around 10 am with the predictable answer "Sorry, but we are not able to swap your order".

Before anyone says "You shoulda just made a new order and paid $1000 more and another $250 order fee", I thought about it but decided not to because:
1. Waitingfortesla.com showed the Build Date for that new "inventory" MYAWD as 3/6 and ETA date to final destination as 3/7. This is highly suspect. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what has been posted, final delivery in SoCal is usually 7-10 days after Austin build dates. What if IRS release the new battery guidance before 3/17? I don't want to pay $1250 more and still end up missing out on the full $7500 EV credit anyways. And if I did make that 2nd order and turns out Tesla no longer qualifies for any EV credit after the new battery guidance, I'd be out 2x$250 order fees because for sure I'll be cancelling my order(s) .
2. It is in "Inventory", Fool me once...

I was in a similar situation last weekend. Saw a vehicle that I liked with a VIN on Waiting for Tesla and it was built for Colorado which works for me because NM buyers can get deliveries there. I was able to go on the tesla vehicle page and chat to someone and get it switched with a price reduced to what I would have owed for that configuration on 02/03 when I ordered my MYP. That however was supposed to be the end..or so I thought when I purchased the "in inventory" vehicle. The vehicle was born on 03/04 and is still sitting at the factor, and is currently not expected to arrive in Colorado Springs until 03/22 (on the 18th day from when it was built). Another delay, and I could miss the March window altogether. Just because of logistics..I'm hoping this is just a conservative number and the vehicle will not take another almost two weeks to be shipped..but that's what my EDD says and what the SA gave as the inspection date in CS which is the delivery location.

The MYP is a relative bargain considering that for the same price as a MYLR with 20" wheels + acceleration boost, you also get:

• Guaranteed matrix headlights
  • Even faster 0-60 time (But, even 4.8s is still faster than the vast majority of automobiles on the road.)
  • Red caliper covers
  • Rear "spoiler"
  • 20 MPH faster top speed (When and where are you going to legally and safely go 135 MPH - let alone 155 MPH?)
  • Aluminum pedal covers

But, you also get:

• Less range
  • 21" wheels (with much more expensive tires) that are even more prone to curb rash and pothole damage than the 20" wheels
  • 1" less ground clearance
  • Stiffer, noisier ride

Also, I'd check into insurance to see if the insurance premium for the higher-performance MYP is acceptable to you.

For me, the disadvantages of the MYP outweigh the advantages regardless of price. I'd recommend thinking long and hard about choosing a MYP over a MYLR.

I am in NorCal, so my MYLR will get Matrix headlights from Fremont factory anyway.
The rest of your list items are very accurate, I had done the same comparison myself and came down to same conclusion.

Most drivers should go with MYLR even if they were the same price.

I have not seen this raised on the forum so asking - but I am planning to pick my car up tomorrow. Tesla just asked for the remaining balance outside of the Tesla loan. I am skeptical to give then thousands of dollars when I have not seen the car. Is it just me?
I paid the remaining balance in the app after I inspected the car. The rep gave me the key card and told me to take my time. Once I was done, I showed him one issue, which I have a service appointment for and then I hit pay and then accepted delivery. Took a few minutes for the car to sync and then I personalized it and drove away.

• Informative
Reactions: slyderz3
Wow, all the delays. But...who knows you could have dodged some serious issues.
I picked up My MSM/B/19 on 25th. Heard some faint noise coming when going over 50mph.
Took it to Tesla on the 4th of March.
Sat at the dealership for 4 hours before they told me that they will need to keep the car.
Got me a loaner MS P100D... Hello Ludicrous!
They sent MY to a local body shop to "seal the seam".
Not sure if they forgot to weld something at the factory... lol
Will be done by Monday. Or so they say.
I wonder is they are doing something similar to this...

Example of sealing seam

Reactions: dimitriz
idk about edit but if you see in inventory just take the link and send it to the text/mail which you got for order confirmation.
or try contacting someone in showroom they should be able to help.
There is NO inventory for the Pacific Northwest... ask me how I know :p Been clicking very 2 mins for the last 3 weeks.... Tesla is (has been) shipping to the farther corner (FL, OH, VA, NC and ...TX (!!??) ) in preparation for the Q1 push. I expect most of the inventory will all be routed to PacNw and the Rockies starting 3/20/23

I bet you. If you upgrade you will be assgin a vin. That is me judging from your OD of LR. but I am just guessing not 100% sure and can be wrong lol 🤣 🤐
Delivery issues aside, I am thinking that the MYP, especially at $54990 is a great deal. My primary concern is the staggered wheels and having to pay so much to replace tires. I have never owned a vehicle set up with staggered wheels.