Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yup.. I expected this.. see my signature too. If they can't meet their quarterly targets, they'll focus on nearby deliveries for the remainder of the quarter. Reading reddit forums, I see many push outs there as well, except for SoCal folks who're now getting pulled in to March. Now, there's no way we'll get pulled back into March. Quarter 2 it is!!!
That would be great news for those of us in Texas, but not seeing this trend reflected in the Survey & Order Tracker spreadsheet. Granted the data is limited, but more deliveries seem to be going to the perimeter (CA, MN, East Coast) than mid-country. Maybe Austin has had a slow down?

Reactions: FanboyNC
OD 1/15/23
MYLR 5 WHT/Black / 19" Basic
MSRP - $ 52,990.00
EDD1 Jan-Mar
01/17 - Approved Tesla (Wells Fargo) loan and done registration process
01/21 - Rcvd Wall charger
01/24 - Installed Wall charger
EDD2 - Mar 05-Mar 31
EDD3 - Mar 19-Mar 31
EDD4 - Mar 26 - Apr 15
EDD 5 - APR 15 - May 10
EDD 6 - APR 20 - May 25
Today : Removed Wall Charger and returned.
Enough waiting Tesla and getting My Rav 4 Hybrid XLE Pre. by next week.
Why Tesla Why !!! Check OD

It's weird how these are being scheduled.. Ordered same day as you out of the Cherry Hill, NJ showroom. My earliest EDD was Mar 20 - Mar 31.
Agreed; ordered from my computer at home.

That would be great news for those of us in Texas, but not seeing this trend reflected in the Survey & Order Tracker spreadsheet. Granted the data is limited, but more deliveries seem to be going to the perimeter (CA, MN, East Coast) than mid-country. Maybe Austin has had a slow down?
Aren't there some real (non OTA) recalls / potential recalls in the works? Was wondering if that has had any impact..

Of course like with everything else Tesla - the process continues to evolve so what was "true" earlier might be different now. I'm inclined to agree though based on my experiences..

It's almost like Tesla is blind to the impact that EDDs have on those of us with orders. These vehicles are expensive and people have to make arrangements beforehand based on the delivery etc.. being jerked around can really mess things up. The explanation that EDDs are based on "configuration availability" is not helpful when no other info is forthcoming.
I agree. I finally have a VIN, but still no delivery date. I don’t know when to sell my current vehicle, what start date to tell my insurance, or even if I’ll be in town during the tiny 3-day delivery “window”.

I’m worried I’m either not getting a delivery date yet because I haven’t uploaded insurance info (because I don’t have a delivery date 🤷‍♂️), or I’ll get a delivery date of tomorrow and not be able to coordinate pickup.
(Edited to add: My SA has not been helpful)

You’d think with all the AI and technology, they’d be able to track their car delivery at least as well as my Amazon packages.

I agree. I finally have a VIN, but still no delivery date. I don’t know when to sell my current vehicle, what start date to tell my insurance, or even if I’ll be in town during the tiny 3-day delivery “window”.

I’m worried I’m either not getting a delivery date yet because I haven’t uploaded insurance info (because I don’t have a delivery date 🤷‍♂️), or I’ll get a delivery date of tomorrow and not be able to coordinate pickup.
(Edited to add: My SA has not been helpful)

Same here and also picking up my vehicle in CO (CS). I have submitted my info, proof of insurance, and am approved for finance and am not trading in my vehicle with Tesla. I have an EDD (week of 03/20) but no delivery date because I am told by the SA that most vehicles build in Fremont b/w 03/01 and 03/10 and bound for CO are still sitting at the factory awaiting logistics. She further clarified that once they are put on a train/truck then I will be given a delivery day text/email etc. She thinks it would be somewhere around the 15th +/- 2 days that I should expect those notifications.

YMMV but it appears that even though our vehicles have been built and VIN assigned (mine was built on 03/04) CO vehicles are being de-prioritized(for now) since Tesla is sending vehicles farther out to make Q1 deliveries. Since our transit time is smaller we'll probably begin getting updates sometime next week. If your vehicle has been built, they should deliver to you this month. I hope to sell my vehicle on Tuesday / Wednesday and will be w/o a vehicle for a week or so based on current EDD.

So now we wait patiently and hope that our vehicles depart Fremont/Austin and arrive in CO ahead of the IRS notification :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the insurance answers. I was asking about California specifically, but will check Progressive and State Farm.
I’m in NH, but progressive was far cheaper than some of the others. I previously had Allstate with 3 cars at $2400/year, adding the Tesla jumped that to $3200. I checked progressive and that came down to $1200/year with the Tesla.

Check my signature. They did the same thing to me last Tuesday and I got my VIN the VERY NEXT DAY. So while they were pushing my EDD out 6+ weeks, the car was rolling down the assembly line in Austin. Confirmed build date with SA. But, if you cancel, maybe someone else here will get theirs sooner!
I appreciate the positive outlook and anecdotal reference, but I have not received random updates or shifts to my EDD like most people. My EDD has only changed once I’ve reached the first day of the window - which is probably when the system forces an update. I’ve maintained the “anything can happen” mindset for the past several weeks based upon the experiences of others, but my order history indicates that I shouldn’t expect another update until April 10th.

Before anyone asks, yes I’ve called my local Tesla store (it’s the only way I could get them to start texting me since I never received a welcome text) and they do not seem interested in providing any assistance. The web chat has not been helpful either.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. I do sincerely hope that you get your vehicles soon and receive the full tax credit!

Reactions: Antique_High80
1/24 Odered MYLR (Ext White/Int Black/19" wheels/5 seat/basic autopilot)
Orange County,CA
1/24 EDD Jan-Mar 2023
1/25 EDD 3/22-3/31
2/4 EDD 3/19-3/31
2/28 EDD 3/18-3/31
3/7 EDD 4/2-5/7

3/12 EDD 3/25-3/31
Based on your order (being very similar to mine) I checked the app; low and behold my EDD has shifted to be sooner. Sig line has been updated; no VIN just yet.

I'm guessing you'll have yours before the end of this month! It still makes no sense why I got mine before you got yours unless MSM is in short supply.
Thank you for the encouraging words. My configuration is the same as yours with the exception of tow. I've tried upgrading to 20" wheels and MYP but no movement on the EDD.

I suspect that Phoenix deliveries have been postponed until Q2. There's another person with the same configuration whose EDD with OD of 1/16 is the last 5 days of March. I looking to see what happens with his order.

Well, it finally happened. Woke up this morning to the “your VIN was assigned” text (and email). Fremont build - PF710XXX. Haven’t received a text yet to schedule delivery, but my EDD changed to 3/29-3/31. Sure hope to squeeze it in this month. See my signature for the full timeline.
Congrats! I wonder how they assign VINs. My was in PF709XXX and yours is PF710XXX. That's 2K difference at most (less than 2 days of production) but our assignments were a few days apart....