Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh I'm 100% convinced the Tesla is better than the Ionic 5 (though the 5 is still nice). But the Ioniq 6 will be much sportier, looks gorgeous, and will have far better range (roughly 360 miles). On paper the only car that could get me to switch.
That high range is only available on the 225 HP version. I would take the MYLR range anytime, with its great power.

The IONIQ 6 is also a small car. More comparable to the Model 3 RWD, which is a lot cheaper if you qualify for the rebates.

If the MY had parking assist sensors, heads up display, am radio, and apple/android auto, nothing would come close right now.
  1. Parking Sensors: FSD V11 is showing good obstacle avoidance, so I think it's a good baseline for what the Tesla Vision parking sensors would behave. I'm optimistic.
  2. Heads up display: I find that it's not a big deal to not have a cluster gage after driving the MY for a few days. I rarely look at my speed because adaptive cruise control and Autopilot takes care of that. Or you are driving in traffic and just following someone.
  3. AM Radio: Just why?
  4. Apple/Android Auto: The built-in navigation is basically Google Maps with a different look. You also get the benefit of better range estimation, Supercharger routing and other benefits of fully integrated navigation system. I wouldn't use Android Auto even if I had the choice.

Who are you and what have you done with my regular Tesla support 😂

Attachments

• 1C7157D5-8345-4874-8227-64E2A1542396.jpeg
    1C7157D5-8345-4874-8227-64E2A1542396.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 115
Just spoke to my Hyundai salesman. His latest intel is that the Ioniq 6 will be available to test drive within 6 weeks, so one benefit of waiting for the Tesla is that I might get to test drive that before accepting the Tesla. The way I see it either I drive the Ioniq 6 and love it, or I drive it and I'm even more convinced Tesla is the best in the market. Win/win (except waiting).
Hyundai and Kia have come a long way since the cheaply-built Excels and Sephias sold primarily to subprime buyers in the 1980s, but I still can't get that stigma out of my mind. Those brands will always seem inferior to other brands like Honda and Toyota to me even if that is no longer universally true. If you take brand prestige out of the question, I'm simply not a fan of complex, overstyled designs that define most automobiles these days.

Tesla needs to catch up in the quality department, but the brand has far more street cred than any other automaker when it comes to electric vehicles. Tesla is the only brand of EV I'd be willing to spend my money on right now.

No changes to report here. MY LR 19" White/Black int. OD 1/21 EDD April 12th -May 17th. South Eastern, PA.

I'm beginning to get tired of checking the app.
With that OD for a basic config, the EDD range sucks tbh. I check the app only once in the morning. Updates to EDD happen only right after 9 EST, perhaps 10 EDT now. The only time I frantically refreshed my app more frequently was between Mar 7 to Mar 11 when my EDD date range was just a couple of weeks away. I was hoping for a VIN update then, which happens anytime during the day.

To meet their quarterly profits, I'm certain Tesla is now looking to service areas near their plants and high margin orders (MYP, 20 inches, tow etc.). I expect this to be so until Mar22 to 23, after which they might just switch back to fulfilling earlier ODs in their backlog. This is my inference. I could be wrong!

Hyundai and Kia have come a long way since the cheaply-built Excels and Sephias sold primarily to subprime buyers in the 1980s, but I still can't get that stigma out of my mind. Those brands will always seem inferior to other brands like Honda and Toyota to me even if that is no longer universally true. If you take brand prestige out of the question, I'm simply not a fan of complex, overstyled designs that define most automobiles these days.

Tesla needs to catch up in the quality department, but the brand has far more street cred than any other automaker when it comes to electric vehicles. Tesla is the only brand of EV I'd be willing to spend my money on right now.
We’ve had Hyundais and KIAs over the years. They are really good cars and we never had any problems with them. I sold my Hyundai Kona to buy a MY. And then my husband just sold his KIA Sorento to buy a MY. I would love to drive an Ioniq or EV5 just for the heck of it and do a comparison to a MY.

According to this article they are making some progress with improvements in Fremont plant

Reactions: starise and imgcs
Does tire size really matter? Disappointed to see that someone in Austin with OD of 02/11 got their VIN today (03/14), while we are still waiting with an OD of 1/25. Per the spreadsheet, the only difference between their "build" and our "build" is tires (them, 21"; us, 19"). I can understand tow hitch mattering, but are the wheel wells different between these builds? Congrats to them, but how did this car jump the line?

Reactions: starise
Really? I live in PA, so there will be some winter driving here, too... I'll have to think about it!
MSM hides the grime pretty good. We’ve had a pretty mild winter-until this week-so I try to wash it as much as possible.
My PW MY is hiding in the garage until spring when I can take her to get PPF installed.

Attachments

• 226C9E45-7B21-4B07-B728-412D3B4EBCDB.jpeg
    226C9E45-7B21-4B07-B728-412D3B4EBCDB.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Mylr White/white/19" socal
Od 1/14 in the evening
Original edd 2/15 - 3/22
1/30 changed to 2/10 - 3/10
Wall charger shipped 1/28
2/5 pushed out EDD to Feb 28 - March 31
2/14 pushed to March 2 - March 30
3/2 pushed to March 13 - March 31

This morning (3/14) pushed to 3/24 - 3/31...

Back in January a SA told me I had a "Soft Match" and he saw Feb 26th on his end. I asked over the phone yesterday (3/13) and they are saying there is no car matched to me yet. I also stopped by the SC I'm taking delivery at 2 weeks ago and ask for a SA to be assigned to me. She told me since I ordered online I will not get one. I have the whole team there.

Leaving 4/2 for a trip and hope to get it by then. With my luck it will be there 4/3 lol

Reactions: starise and erktrek
Leaving 4/2 for a trip and hope to get it by then. With my luck it will be there 4/3 lol
Hope you do get it! If not, consider renting one for your trip. I just rented a Model 3 from Budget while I wait for my MYLR (carless right now) and I was surprised that it was tied for the cheapest option they had (tied with Economy). I have to say that renting one has made me stress a lot less about not having my MYLR... Feels like I'm already living the dream despite shortcomings of rentals (e.g., no app access)...

Reactions: starise and GAR23
Today, I have received a message to complete my financing details. Do we have to update them to receive a VIN or we can do it after we get the VIN as well?
Does it impact delivery if not complete before a VIN is assigned?

i did my financing after i received the vin.

dont think it makes a difference if you do it before hand, but most loan quotes last 30 days.

in case your order gets delayed past that.

Reactions: _rockstar
My e-mail SA was near useless. They didn’t offer up any helpful information and at times was flat out rude. I tried the text and they responded quickly and gave me detailed information (without me specifically asking).

Speaking of, they gave me the same March 20 arrival date for the CO shipments.

Texting with a SA has been my ritual every other day for the last tenish days. Today's update : " We are hoping to have an update any day now" . This was in reference to scheduling my delivery. Given the message, I'll pivot to texting every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puka Bum
Does tire size really matter? Disappointed to see that someone in Austin with OD of 02/11 got their VIN today (03/14), while we are still waiting with an OD of 1/25. Per the spreadsheet, the only difference between their "build" and our "build" is tires (them, 21"; us, 19"). I can understand tow hitch mattering, but are the wheel wells different between these builds? Congrats to them, but how did this car jump the line?
If you have the time, scan through the earlier postings that cover this topic. There's lots of interesting theories and debate. You'll also see that there are many folks who ordered much earlier than yourself and still have not taken delivery, or worse yet, been pushed out to Q2.