Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was there a time that Tesla owners joined the quarter end push to assist with the delivery to the new owners?
Yes, December 31 2019. People were trying to get the $1,750 tax rebate which expired the following day, and Tesla wanted to deliver as many as possible to end the year. It was a very exciting time at the Fremont delivery center. Tesla owners were showing the new buyers how to operate the Tesla's.

Reactions: Dayreg and slyderz3
What a day. I just got off the phone with an SA who texted that their earliest deliveries each day are at 10:30pm. PM! He repeated that to me on the phone too. For some reason the Pittsburgh office isn’t using the self-scheduling link. It took a phone call to get an appointment set, because the texts were painful, with no information about their hours, etc.
SA: “What time is good for you on the 21st, 22nd, or 23rd?”
Me: “8 am any day is good”
SA: “our first appointment is 10:30pm
Me: “seems late, but I can do 10:30pm on the 21st”
**silence**

I picked up the phone and glad I did. He was so confused. Did confirm car arrival is planned for the 20th though and now I have an appointment confirmed in the app for the 21st.

Anyway, these SA’s (and probably everyone involved) are rushing around, entering dates and times, transposing numbers, who knows, some know the impact and others do not and we get bounced around EDDs. Sure same thing is happening at the factory, transit, etc..

I wonder if they hired any new SA’s recently, too. I would have hated starting on Feb. 1st with everything on fire around me. 😣

Just a thought. Trying to give them some slack and be kind, but this is a stressful situation for sure. My suggestion is if you don’t have a phone number to call, text the (5xx) number that texts you with updates and request a phone number or for them to call you. Then when things get wacky you aren’t dependent on a non-responsive text. Good luck out there!

Yes, December 31 2019. People were trying to get the $1,750 tax rebate which expired the following day, and Tesla wanted to deliver as many as possible to end the year. It was a very exciting time at the Fremont delivery center. Tesla owners were showing the new buyers how to operate the Tesla's.
That's it! I had an engineer friend at Tesla who also had to help with the delivery on weekend. He worked at the corporate office.

What a day. I just got off the phone with an SA who texted that their earliest deliveries each day are at 10:30pm. PM! He repeated that to me on the phone too. For some reason the Pittsburgh office isn’t using the self-scheduling link. It took a phone call to get an appointment set, because the texts were painful, with no information about their hours, etc.
SA: “What time is good for you on the 21st, 22nd, or 23rd?”
Me: “8 am any day is good”
SA: “our first appointment is 10:30pm
Me: “seems late, but I can do 10:30pm on the 21st”
**silence**

I picked up the phone and glad I did. He was so confused. Did confirm car arrival is planned for the 20th though and now I have an appointment confirmed in the app for the 21st.

Anyway, these SA’s (and probably everyone involved) are rushing around, entering dates and times, transposing numbers, who knows, some know the impact and others do not and we get bounced around EDDs. Sure same thing is happening at the factory, transit, etc..

I wonder if they hired any new SA’s recently, too. I would have hated starting on Feb. 1st with everything on fire around me. 😣

Just a thought. Trying to give them some slack and be kind, but this is a stressful situation for sure. My suggestion is if you don’t have a phone number to call, text the (5xx) number that texts you with updates and request a phone number or for them to call you. Then when things get wacky you aren’t dependent on a non-responsive text. Good luck out there!
Dude.. u better get a flood light to inspect the vehicle! Flash light will not do 😬

Not even two months, yet. Plus I suspect the backlog is slowly shrinking since they raised the prices again.
Are you referring to the last price increases on 2/5 (MY LR) and 2/14 (MY P)? I just checked online and didn't detect any price increase.

FYI: According to @TroyTeslike, as of 2/15, there was 63 day backlog for MY LR with combined production of the Fremont and Austin factories. The Austin factory continues to scale up, but doubt they'll be able to shrink that backlog significantly by the end of this month.

Anyone successful with securing an inventory vehicle by transferring it to an existing reservation in order to keep the reduced price from January? Not having any luck with SA.
Yes. I did but only by going in personally speaking to my SA (note the person next to my SA said that would not be possible). Boils down to depends on who one speaks to I guess. Others have posted success also. Good luck to you.

• Informative
Reactions: HitchHiker71
No idea if this will help a fellow Illinois buyer or not, but I will post incase it does:
I had/have a MYLR on order since late January. It kept getting pushed back with the last one being APR-MAY.
An inventory car came up and I jumped on that, keeping the original order. My SA told me that the car I had on order would just drop away as long as I do not do any updating.

So, my inventoried car is being delivered this Tuesday. After we inspect/accept the car I plan on making sure the SA cancels my other car on order. That car is due last week of March and already has a VIN assigned.

If one is from IL and looking for a MYLR, blue, black 19” wheels, no other options, this could be an opportunity to get one prior to March 31.

Just a heads-up and I hope this will help someone. Even if they happen to be a White Sox fan 😂.

Are you sure the one you test drove was 19" wheels? The 19s are bright silver without the covers on and the covers are mostly bright silver also with a few grey accents. If the car had black wheels it was likely the 20" rims. Just a heads up so you aren't surprised when you go to pick up your car with the 19s. Of course there are lots of dark gemini covers you can buy online.

19 with covers...
View attachment 918169

19s without covers...
View attachment 918170

20s
View attachment 918171

Sorry - my bad - it has the 20" upgraded wheel package. Here's a pick from my app with the private info blacked out:

1679003613901.png

Question related to accelerated delivery that maybe I missed from all the posts in this thread. As I understand from this forum and also texts with Tesla, accelerated delivery options requires the purchase to be at current MY prices but the original 250 order fee is transferred to the accelerated delivery vehicle. Has anyone had luck editing their design to try and match an inventory car/accelerated delivery option (instead of selecting accelerated delivery) and then been able to be assigned to the inventory car to be able to maintain MY reduced pricing from 1/12-1/13?

Thanks in advanced for any feedback.

No idea if this will help a fellow Illinois buyer or not, but I will post incase it does:
I had/have a MYLR on order since late January. It kept getting pushed back with the last one being APR-MAY.
An inventory car came up and I jumped on that, keeping the original order. My SA told me that the car I had on order would just drop away as long as I do not do any updating.

So, my inventoried car is being delivered this Tuesday. After we inspect/accept the car I plan on making sure the SA cancels my other car on order. That car is due last week of March and already has a VIN assigned.

If one is from IL and looking for a MYLR, blue, black 19” wheels, no other options, this could be an opportunity to get one prior to March 31.

Just a heads-up and I hope this will help someone. Even if they happen to be a White Sox fan 😂.
I placed a second order too because the first one had been on TBD for delivery for over two weeks but I couldn't recover the $250 from the additional order. So, hopefully you find someone to take it.