Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really hope IRS gives 30-60 days grace period after the NPRM release, so all you get the full rebate of 7500 if eligible. Keeping fingers crossed.

I don't know how is happened that I am trusting/hoping IRS to do the right thing and don't have any faith in Tesla/Musk making the right decisions for their buyers.
I keep seeing claims that MYLR should qualify for full rebate even after the guidance, but SR and all M3 won’t. Guess we’ll see what happens.

Reactions: bdhaduk
Do you remember where you saw any of the articles claiming this? I highly doubt the full rebate would remain for only a single model but if it does it'd calm my nerves since that's the one I ordered lol
Don’t remember the information source, but they were saying that since different models have packs made from different battery suppliers, there could be variability in the credit.

I think Tesla barely is managing the delivery of the huge orders it received in the first 10 days for MYLR since the price cut. Unless you pivoted to MYP or existing MYAWD or 20" or accelerated delivery or convincing the local SA to assign a vehicle, you very likely won't receive the car 1Q 2023 if your order date is after Jan 22nd or so.

Those who chose Blue, Red exteriors or white interiors are pushed out even further.

If only Tesla had not been dishonest with EDD and estimating Jan-Mar during ordering even in Feb, there wouldn't have been as many disappointed buyers. Tesla only cared about getting the orders and not really fulfilling them by EOQ and keeping their initial promised EDD/estimate. Sadly, all buyers after Jan 22nd or so have been Musked :-(

If there wasn't the overhang of the discount (which Tesla advertised on every page of the order), we could have at least waited in peace.
There are still a few Jan 14th and later orders who got pushed to April. Thought I even saw a Jan 8th one few days back who got pushed into Q2. It’s just so random

Reactions: erktrek
Alright, so GOOD NEWS for me I reckon. I was able to get a successful price match .:) Thanks to my friend, @ghostrider78 's persistence, I finally headed to the local Tesla SC this morning.

Being a Saturday, the SC was so busy that no advisor was available for my service, and the regional manager herself had to step in to talk to me. I told her about my concerns of varying EDDs, being in a limbo, said I'm paying cash, don't have a vehicle to trade in.. all smooth process. I told her you're getting to the quarter end. I can close out on one deal in no time. Do you have anything you can match me with? I only want to keep the Gemini wheels and don't want a tow. Initially, she didn't agree to price match me. I told her that they'd have to sell me at my price some day, if not today. Finally after a lot of discussion, she agreed to it. She started looking for some vehicles within a 300 mile radius and at the factories, that would make the quarter end. Many of them couldn't be assigned to me or routed to our location on time, or was already en-route. Finally, after a bit of persuasion and me sticking around for hours, they called up the HQ and had someone override price matches and current logistical routes to see if anything could be moved to me. They found 2 matches, a black exterior heading to Atlanta and an MSM just out of the Austin plant. They asked me if I was okay with either color. I was, and voila, they were able to assign the MSM one to me just out of the plant today (build date: Mar 18).

So, finally VIN ASSIGNED Austin Build (**PA091**) . As I was at the delivery center, didn't have to wait for anymore texts to schedule delivery. They scheduled the appointment for me right there. Fingers crossed for delivery on Sunday, Mar 26 🤞. My final configuration is now MSM/White/19 inch/no Tow (base price 52,990 with extras for the paint).
Congratulations FanboyNC! Am trying to speak with SA over phone and try to match an inventory item. No luck so far. Hopefully something clicks!

Last edited:
I guess I just don't understand. My order of MYLR W/W 19" on 1/19 is still sitting on April 6 - May 11 while others seem to be getting VIN's and deliveries. Not sure there is anything to do but complain and watch the forums.
Yep - we are all in the same boat with varying ODs and constantly shifting EDDs. It's not about being "fair" in terms of order date thanks to Tesla's "dynamic" logistics.

MYP
Red/Black/hitch
OD: 02/06/2023
Profile Completion: 2/7/23
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD1: Mar 15-Mar 31
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 3/19-April 7-May 5

2nd day into EDD 2, I was expecting a VIN not to be pushed out so far. Getting tired of all the games. Got a Accerated Delivery suggestion for a MYLR WW w/20 wheels 7 seater for $7k more than my order. It couldn’t be more different than my order. Maybe the VIN will happen this week. I’m not betting on anything. This is sad they push something so different. I guess when it is all automated or behind a keyboard this is the crap we get.

Reactions: bdhaduk and erktrek
MYP
Red/Black/hitch
OD: 02/06/2023
Profile Completion: 2/7/23
EDD: Feb-Mar
EDD1: Mar 15-Mar 31
EDD2 2/28 - Mar 18-31
EDD 3 3/19-April 7-May 5

2nd day into EDD 2, I was expecting a VIN not to be pushed out so far. Getting tired of all the games. Got a Accerated Delivery suggestion for a MYLR WW w/20 wheels 7 seater for $7k more than my order. It couldn’t be more different than my order. Maybe the VIN will happen this week. I’m not betting on anything. This is sad they push something so different. I guess when it is all automated or behind a keyboard this is the crap we get.
That is INCREDIBLY annoying - my Accelerated Delivery box finally disappeared but for a brief moment it was showing 3 7-Seaters with 20" wheels and no tow at $60K+ as a similar config (haha). It then went down to only one vehicle and that lasted a few days.

Last edited:
Do you remember where you saw any of the articles claiming this? I highly doubt the full rebate would remain for only a single model but if it does it'd calm my nerves since that's the one I ordered lol
@Troy believes the full $7,500 tax credit will continue on the Model Y for "the foreseeable future". He also believes there may be a 30 to 60-day transition period, but the only thing I can find in writing on the IRS website suggests the changes will take place the day after guidance is issued rather than after some waiting period. See his post below: