Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is scheduled to arrive late on 3/25 and they are closed on Sundays. Looks like a great opportunity to return and find my car to review in detail on Sunday. 🥸
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow evening and not expected to be ready on Saturday. So, I’ll be doing the same thing on Sunday!

Figure I can get the exterior inspection (mostly) out of the way and speed up my pickup on Monday.

Reactions: erktrek
From the outset, I thought the same, but the state $3500 Tax Credit eligibility of $55k forced my hand even more than the Fed Rebate. IMHO you got the best deal in terms of MSRP. I have a delivery time for my MYLR MSM next Monday turns out only 3 days later than the original EDD range. Doesnt sound so bad after the fact. They just put a heck of a scare into me though throughout the waiting process!
Good luck on your delivery, watch out for door alignment issues on Austin models.

Adding payment method doesnt automatically pay right? Just to be sure as im seeing the butfon says confirm
Indeed a bit confusing. I was stumped there too. Confirm means your confirming the payment method NOT confirming the actual payment. You'll see another step or two after that where it ask you to actually Pay for the car. Back out of that step and your good to go. You'll get notification from Tesla that a payment method was successfully added. I think I got a confirmation from the bank as well. (maybe.... don't hold me to that).

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Picked up MYLR W/B/7/19” today. Other than the rain was a pretty good experience. Car looked really great, no big gaps, nothing missing, loose, etc. (and I verified no water leakage 😉). Only found a section of smudges/scrapes on the head liner above the passenger seat, but the SA cleaned it up. Car came with rear impact ppf and front mud flaps 😀.

I was surprised that the color on the side view cameras was tinted noticeably…the red car next to mine looked orange in the camera view on the screen when I put the turn signal on. Is that normal? The SA thought it was the lighting since it was a gloomy rainy day. Was same for both sides. Other cameras were all clearer and showed truer colors.

Observations:
I had setup plaid in my profile’s wallet prior, but the delivery payment made me set that up again before I could pay. But payment went through ok.

In PA the owner needs to get their own PA inspection because Tesla isn’t a PA inspection station. I have 10 days to get that done. That would have been good to know prior to delivery day, I could have already made an appointment somewhere to get that setup.

I was able to get into the car and look everything over before pressing “pay” and accepting delivery in the app. Just didn’t get the keys and registration until all that was completed.

My SA said there was no 7 days/100 miles for submitting claims. “No, we don’t do that, we want to get everything noted before it leaves the lot.” Which makes zero sense to me since you have to drive it to know if something is weird at speed. I took it for a lap around the parking lot and haven’t noticed anything driving home and around town today, so I think I’m good, but that was different than other Delivery Centers.

My SA was not a great one, his texts were always just odd, wrong, and/or rushed. Other SAs and the manager that I spoke to throughout the process were much more pleasant and knowledgeable, so if I was concerned or if I find something in the next few days I’ll just go to the manager with it.

Overall extremely happy with the car and definitley didn’t feel rushed. I could have been in and out in 30 minutes if I wanted to, but I took closer to an hour. Driving it today has been an absolute thrill. Keep catching myself smiling every time it presses me back into my seat. 😁

Wish everyone else a similar or better experience soon! It is worth the wait!

SA finally pissed me off enough to register for the dang site.

OD: 2/15
MYLR/B/B/19 inch/no other option except for Full Self Drive Capability.
EDD on 2/15: April - June 2023
EDD on 3/5: 3/15-3/31
EDD on 3/18: 3/18-3/31
EDD on 3/19: 3/21-3/31
EDD on 3/20: 3/20-3/31
EDD on 3/21: 3/21-3/31
EDD on 3/22: 3/22-3/31
EDD on 3/23: 3/23-3/31

I found a car at 7am today with a car in my area. Everything matched except for the color. I texted SA at 8am. I received a response back at 10am. I requested someone to call me and gave detail of the car that I wanted (per SA's request). SA messages back at 12pm saying someone will call me right away. I kept checking Tesla's website each hour to make sure that the car I saw is still available.

I finally get a text message at 6:30pm saying that there's no car that matches the car and tells me to "act faster" next time I see the car I want. YOU KNOW WHAT? EFF YOU TESLA!!!!

I have to go to Alaska for family funeral next weekend, and I wanted to make sure the car is delivered BEFORE I leave. *sigh* Tesla sucks.

SA finally pissed me off enough to register for the dang site.

OD: 2/15
MYLR/B/B/19 inch/no other option except for Full Self Drive Capability.
EDD on 2/15: April - June 2023
EDD on 3/5: 3/15-3/31
EDD on 3/18: 3/18-3/31
EDD on 3/19: 3/21-3/31
EDD on 3/20: 3/20-3/31
EDD on 3/21: 3/21-3/31
EDD on 3/22: 3/22-3/31
EDD on 3/23: 3/23-3/31

I found a car at 7am today with a car in my area. Everything matched except for the color. I texted SA at 8am. I received a response back at 10am. I requested someone to call me and gave detail of the car that I wanted (per SA's request). SA messages back at 12pm saying someone will call me right away. I kept checking Tesla's website each hour to make sure that the car I saw is still available.

I finally get a text message at 6:30pm saying that there's no car that matches the car and tells me to "act faster" next time I see the car I want. YOU KNOW WHAT? EFF YOU TESLA!!!!

I have to go to Alaska for family funeral next weekend, and I wanted to make sure the car is delivered BEFORE I leave. *sigh* Tesla sucks.
I don't love what happened to you, but I loved it because I can appreciate what happened with ever changing delivery dates.

Reactions: erktrek
Got my delivery scheduling text from Tesla late afternoon today to schedule for either 3/28 or 3/29 next week. Came sooner than I had expected really. Scheduled for 3/28 at 4:00 PM next week. Subject to change of course as the scheduling confirmation clearly indicates. Fingers crossed that it sticks! 😎

Now I have to finalize the Wall Charger install hopefully for early next week. Not required right away as we have several Superchargers nearby at a few Wawa locations that aren’t heavily utilized yet, but want to be able to charge at home sooner rather than later of course.

MYsr, White/black/19"/5 seat/hitch, Ohio (NE) pickup_ OD: 2/11_Original EDD: Feb-March vin: 2/13 am PA073 Updated EDD 1 (2/13 pm): 2/23-3/23 EDD 2 (2/22 am): BLANK EDD 3(3/11 am): 3/22-3/31

EDD4 (3/23am) 3/26-3/31 schedule pickup text 5:19pm

Wish me luck boys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323-225909.png
    Screenshot_20230323-225909.png
    402.6 KB · Views: 99
Will do. Confirmed with the SA that they got the car couple of days ago.

Got my MYP today! Met with others from the forum (my support group:)) at the pickup as well.

Arrived 15 minutes early. Found my car and started inspected the exterior. Paint looks nice and gaps are even. Went in and made the final payment and accepted the car in the app. Went to check the interior with the SA. Small things noted to the SA and created a service ticket in the app at the pick up.

Here is the list:
  1. Little fog/condensation on the corner of the left brake light. Same thing on the same spot on the next car. SA told me that it will "vent" through a small hole (which I thought would make it easier for water to get in). I did not bother since it will be covered under warranty anyway if there is leaking problem.
  2. Interior headliner had a small streak of goo. Service ticket will take care of this (replace the headliner)
  3. Frunk inside plastic cover has a clip loose. Service ticket will take care of this.

Local config:
Minnesota Tesla locations will install PPF on the lower back quarter and the mud guards for all deliveries (Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Minnesota).

Overall the pick up went smooth. Car had 5 miles on it with 85% of charge. Already put 50 miles on it. Will put many many more!

1679630929228.png

1679630899112.png

Update received today via text and email.
MYLR MSM/Black /19"/ 5 seat / tow hitch - Dublin,CA

3/19 at 4:32pm VIN assigned PA087 (Austin)
DD : 3/22

Checking via SMS to get manufacturing date.

I was provided in the scheduler 3 dates to choose this week, 3/22-24. Opted for 1st date and time. It's been great being able to read the experiences from the community. Hoping for excellent delivery and build. I'll provide feedback later this week.
Wishing you all speedy communications from Tesla as well.

Well it's almost getting to the level of a "bait and switch" scheme... put an order in for a lower cost item but to actually take delivery you need to shift your config to something different which ends up costing more. I'm guessing it's not on purpose (I hope) but Tesla needs to get it's act together and stop ignoring how terrible the middle part of the order-to-delivery process is at least for customers who have been delayed over and over with no explanation.

Anyone with a OD past 1/22 get a vin assigned?

Tried to call Tesla to see if they would price match on a demo car and they would not allow it on any existing inventory vehicle Car was gone before I could get in touch with someone else…
We just picked up yesterday in Fremont, MYLR/MSM/5 seat. No issue OD 01/28.

I was surprised that the color on the side view cameras was tinted noticeably…the red car next to mine looked orange in the camera view on the screen when I put the turn signal on. Is that normal? The SA thought it was the lighting since it was a gloomy rainy day. Was same for both sides. Other cameras were all clearer and showed truer colors.
Yes - that's normal. Those cameras don't have RGB sensors. Instead, they have GGGR sensors that are optimized for object detection and night vision. Software is used to simulate colors that the human eye sees, but it can't can't accurately reproduce colors that it cannot detect.

Anyone with a 1/15 OD and no vin?
Yes - my brother-in-law. We both live in TX. He ordered on 1/15. I ordered on 1/20. We currently have the same EDD which is the last week of March, but no VINs.

Yes - that's normal. Those cameras don't have RGB sensors. Instead, they have GGGR sensors that are optimized for object detection and night vision. Software is used to simulate colors that the human eye sees, but it can't can't accurately reproduce colors that it cannot detect.

Yes - my brother-in-law. We both live in TX. He ordered on 1/15. I ordered on 1/20. We currently have the same EDD which is the last week of March, but no VINs.
Same here. OD 1/17, No VIN. Plano, TX.

Same here. OD 1/17, No VIN. Plano, TX.
Seems like a lot of Texas orders are in the same situation. MY OD was on 1/22, received a text to expect a VIN in 1-2 weeks on 2/28, still no VIN. MY EDD updated on 3/22 to 3/26-3/31. I sent a text to the SA's asking for any information on the deliveries in Texas and got a response but nothing I didn't already know.