Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fremont comes with matrix lights. Both Fremont and Austin come with a trunk cargo cover (there have been recent reports of a new magnetic cargo cover that people are receiving so you may possibly get that).

Mud flaps and rear PPF depends on your state I believe. I live in NJ and did NOT receive mud flaps or rear PPF. However, I did order OEM Mud flaps from Tesla and installed them myself.
Thank you!
I just got an update from Tesla that the car failed inspection due to some minor discoloration on the frunk of the car. Probably the size of a golf ball. And they have to send to body shop which pushes my delivery to Wednesday🤞bummer!

I think it’s still okay to accept is what I’m thinking, they said they cannot deliver until that is fixed. I’ll still try to go take a look this afternoon to check the rest..

Your spot on. We have taken delivery of a MY and M3 and this forum had me so worried and anxious with the extreme detail of these checklist. Both cars were great. Problem is I started looking at all cars with the super detailed eye and found our Chevy and my dads Lexus and Honda were both "bad" build quality using the Tesla standard. I have never looked at a new car with such "lets find all the flaws" in 35 years of car buying.
Since I'm closing in on my DD next week I've been reviewing many sources for delivery inspection ideas. Now this is the first new car I've purchased in, oh say, 40 years. I am amazed how detailed the consumer feels they need to be based on Tesla's quality build reputation. Would any other mfg get this sort of scrutiny? Despite the build quality reputation, we are all clamoring to get our hands on these beasts! Oh and what about looks? I've convinced myself this car is attractive, no strike that, beautiful, in a 'Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall" kind of way! (No offense to all Model Y owners (and wannabe owners.... but Im guessing you know what I mean). Oh and I know I'm going to love it, without even seeing it.... yet). Best of luck to all of us!
Here's the reality: Everyone reads posts/threads like these and then worries about all the possible issues that can come with the car. Then they get to their delivery and see that the car looks astonishing with maybe 0-2 issues (hopefully minor) so then they don't care much about spending 1-2 hours on some long dumb checklist.

My advice is to spend like 10-15 minutes to check the big functionality aspects of the car (doors close properly, frunk/trunk open and close, etc). Then accept delivery, pair your phone/go through the software, drive off, and enjoy the experience of owning a Tesla/EV. You can do a more thorough inspection when you get home and then log all the other minor cosmetic issues in a Service ticket.

Your spot on. We have taken delivery of a MY and M3 and this forum had me so worried and anxious with the extreme detail of these checklist. Both cars were great. Problem is I started looking at all cars with the super detailed eye and found our Chevy and my dads Lexus and Honda were both "bad" build quality using the Tesla standard. I have never looked at a new car with such "lets find all the flaws" in 35 years of car buying.
There's nothing the internet can't help you obsess about and make more complicated if you let it.

From the IRS website, the $7500 rebate has been extended to 2032 according to "The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022". But Tesla's website still shows March 31st. I'm not sure what is going to change in Tesla.

Everybody is clear about it except you. march 31 is about battery

Reactions: Terry Yang
Nothing in that IRS article says anything about March 31. Can you link us to any IRS webpage that now mentions 3/31?
There’s already another thread here that has answers to your questions - go read here:

No sense mucking up the delivery thread with tax credit debate. 😎

I remember when Honda used to have great build quality. Unfortunately, it's not what it used to be while GM's, for example, has improved. My mom's last couple of Equinoxes have had better build quality and reliability than my last few Hondas. It's hard to beat a 1990s Lexus, though. ;)

I was extremely impressed with the build quality of my 2019 MX-5 Miata and 2020 CX-5 (both built in Japan). I am astounded that my Miata has no rattles even after 3.5 years - especially considering it's a convertible.

My advice is to spend like 10-15 minutes to check the big functionality aspects of the car (doors close properly, frunk/trunk open and close, etc). Then accept delivery, pair your phone/go through the software, drive off, and enjoy the experience of owning a Tesla/EV.
That's great advice except for Tesla buyers in one-third of US states like Texas where that's not possible because the car has to be paid for in full before it will be made available for delivery. :)

Everybody is clear about it except you. march 31 is about battery

Q4. Do the new critical mineral and battery components requirements apply? (added December 29, 2022)​

A4. Not yet. The critical mineral and battery component requirements under § 30D(e) will apply for vehicles placed in service after proposed guidance on these requirements is issued. The publication of these FAQs is not the issuance of proposed guidance with respect to the critical mineral and battery component requirements under § 30D(e) and does not trigger the applicability of those requirements. The Treasury Department and the IRS will explicitly identify when they have issued proposed guidance with respect to the critical mineral and battery component requirements under § 30D(e). However, vehicles ordered or purchased prior to but placed in service after Treasury and the IRS issue this proposed guidance will be subject to the critical mineral and battery component requirements. This proposed guidance is expected to be issued in March 2023.
Source: Topic C — Frequently Asked Questions About When The New Requirements Apply To The New Clean Vehicle Credit | Internal Revenue Service

MYLR W/B/19 in/5 seat no add on - OD: 1/17. I recite a text from 510 saying expected to receive VIN this month. Today I received this text. The weirdest thing is it let me schedule a Sunday appt Mar 26. I’m an hour from Fremont but they send me to Gilroy to pick up. so Bay Area ppl get ready they might want you to get down and pick up your cars the next couple days or so
AE12970E-B583-41EE-AD44-38363D06EC58.jpeg

MYLR W/B/19 in/5 seat no add on - OD: 1/17. I recite a text from 510 saying expected to receive VIN this month. Today I received this text. The weirdest thing is it let me schedule a Sunday appt Mar 26. I’m an hour from Fremont but they send me to Gilroy to pick up. so Bay Area ppl get ready they might want you to get down and pick up your cars the next couple days or so
View attachment 921113
Edit: There are no appt available for Mar 30 and Mar 31 but plenty from tomorrow until Mar 29. Strange

Here's the reality: Everyone reads posts/threads like these and then worries about all the possible issues that can come with the car. Then they get to their delivery and see that the car looks astonishing with maybe 0-2 issues (hopefully minor) so then they don't care much about spending 1-2 hours on some long dumb checklist.

My advice is to spend like 10-15 minutes to check the big functionality aspects of the car (doors close properly, frunk/trunk open and close, etc). Then accept delivery, pair your phone/go through the software, drive off, and enjoy the experience of owning a Tesla/EV. You can do a more thorough inspection when you get home and then log all the other minor cosmetic issues in a Service ticket.
That's some excellent advice! My main concern was finding a paint or panel issue which may indicate the vehicle required repair.

How many items on the check list must be reported within the 7-day / 100 mile limit in order to be covered under warranty? Unless it's a cosmetic issue wear and tear issue, such as scratch, scuff, or dent, where it might come into question as to when it occurred, wouldn't the issue be covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty? For example, I have noticed that the driver door seems to require more force to close it fully. The SA said let's give the door seals time to seat properly, and if that doesn't alleviate the issue to my satisfaction, let them know. I'm good with that.

Reactions: zroger73
Thought this info might be useful for those trying to figure out average dates and milestones:

MYLR Red/Black, no options
OD: 1/20

Order to VIN: 47 days
VIN to delivery: 17 days (if all goes well)
Order to delivery: 64 days
Build to delivery: 17 days

car was built on March 7th In Austin - the day I got the VIN.
Picked up today and the Austin build was great. Slight offset tail light that they told me to submit a request back in my home state and they can fix it easily. After pickup, I immediately had to drive 3.5 hours to get home. Used my first supercharger with no issues and really got a chance to get a feel for the car on the open road.

best of luck to all those still waiting.

We have been inside our EDD for several days now, with the start date adjusting daily. But VIN finally received tonight via Manage Your Order page (no text) and it looks like an Austin build.👏
We are a little stumped on how to proceed as the app is asking us for insurance before we can schedule a delivery date. Somewhat Catch-22 because it also says that insurance has to be in place "three days before Delivery Date." Hoping that the app just hasn't caught up, otherwise we will be on the phone with Tesla in the morning. Hang in there folks.

Reactions: zroger73
PSA:

I forgot about this until I got a text from my SA just now. Tesla's loan application expires after 60 days. So for anyone that will be taking delivery past that time (I missed it by a day since I'll be picking up tomorrow and can't make it work today), Tesla will perform another hard credit score check and the APR will update to whatever Tesla is offering at that time (5.59% in place of 5.34% in my case).

So for anyone that is nearing or past the 60 day mark for their loan application, just a heads up that Tesla will run another credit check and increase the loan rate. And I highly suggest looking into refinancing with FCUs if you haven't already (I locked in 4.5% APR until June with mine)
Check with Affinity Plus Credit Union (Minnesota). If you get the lowest Tesla rate, you should be able to qualify a lower rate from Affinity Plus. You will have to pay $25 to become a member unless you qualify for any of the criteria.