Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Discussion: Model Y General Waiting room for orders placed After January 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Judging from the results from waitingfortesla since 4/1. It appears that Tesla is pumping out nothing but MYAWD (with the Chinese Battery), and I am guessing they want to capitalized on unloading them before the 4/15/2023 Treasury deadline for teh $7,500.00 tax credit.

As such I am speculating that my EDD will likely be extended to 4/16~5/4.

Fukc!ing Tesla!!

beewang
I thought the MYAWD battery is the 4680 which is built in the US.

I've had it since August, and I like it. When I bought it, I was more interested in extra info about the battery than in the live display in front of me. However, having the information directly in front of me instead of off to the side has turned out to be very helpful. I appreciate having more obvious turn signal indicators, plus speed, speed limit, etc... front and center. I launch the app and put my phone there every time, even for very short trips. If I don't, I really miss it.

It's also nice to have the main screen show battery level in miles while the phone shows it in percentage. I've wanted both at the same time for a long time. It's also nice to have odometer data showing all the time.

Note: The guy in the video linked above complained about the magnetic mount not holding well. He put the metal disk INSIDE his case instead of outside. If you place it on the outside, it holds the phone solidly. It never moves.
I always worry about - what happens when the dev stop updating the app. It's not like these things are "sealed units" anymore that never change. I guess I'm a bit jaded from being burned by other projects before.

Reactions: erktrek
Well, today the Tesla random delivery generator chose me. I was assigned an Austin VIN. Delivery has been scheduled for 4/14. The earliest available was 4/13 but I couldn't make that work.

With 10 days to get the car from Austin to Vegas, I hope that will indeed be the day. The Agreement states it already has 15 miles on it. They must have had to make a food run during calibration.

MYLR W/B 19" No Options
OD - Push order button 1/17 PM, Order agreement date 1/18
EDD1 - January to March
EDD2 - February 8 - March 31
EDD3 - March 6 - March 31
EDD 4 Updated 3/4 - March 27 - 31
EDD 5 Updated 3/12 - March 28 - 31
EDD 6 Updated 3/22 - April 5 - May 3
VIN Assigned 4/4 (Austin Build)
Scheduled DD - 4/14
Location - Las Vegas, NV

That's because they really don't know anything that we don't
I thought the MYAWD battery is the 4680 which is built in the US.
You are correct.

The Agreement states it already has 15 miles on it. They must have had to make a food run during calibration.
15 is the default mileage shown on the agreement even if the actual mileage is less.

Finally!
MYLR R/B 19", northeast PA
OD 1/22
EDD 1 Jan-Mar
EDD 2 Feb-Mar
EDD 3 Mar 1-31
EDD 4 Mar 27-31
EDD 5 March 26-31
EDD 6 April 4 - May 9
EDD 7 Mar 17-31
EDD 8 Apr 14 - May 19
EDD 9 Apr 16 - May 14
VIN 4/4
EDD10 Apr 16 - Apr 22

Financed thru Tesla.
Mine was very similar, but less changes. I'll re-use your numbers where they match.

MYLR W/W 19", Reno
OD 1/27
EDD 2 Feb-Mar
EDD 5 March 26-31
EDD 8 (slight diff) Apr 10 - May 15
VIN 4/4
EDD10 Apr 12 - Apr 21

Not sure if we should count our chickens yet, but I'm getting excited too :) Feels like it'll happen with the VIN now.

I always worry about - what happens when the dev stop updating the app. It's not like these things are "sealed units" anymore that never change. I guess I'm a bit jaded from being burned by other projects before.
Can't say it won't happen, though you should be able to run the last release as long as it is still compatible with newer Android or iOS releases. They are supporting it here pretty well, and there's only going to more Tesla owners to sell to in the future. It doesn't really need connectivity, so you could use an older device, and treat it like a "sealed unit".

Can't say it won't happen, though you should be able to run the last release as long as it is still compatible with newer Android or iOS releases. They are supporting it here pretty well, and there's only going to more Tesla owners to sell to in the future. It doesn't really need connectivity, so you could use an older device, and treat it like a "sealed unit".
TesLogic connects to the phone via BT. That means your phone is no longer connected to Tesla via Bluetooth when you are running the app?

Phones these days can connect upto 3 (sometimes 5), Bluetooth devices at once without any problem. I recommend checking if this is true for your device or not?
Or repurpose that old phone that everyone seems to have hanging around in a closet/drawer somewhere....

I think this tech is very cool along with the rear seat display from HanShow but the concern is making a car look a little janky while it's still new. I'm on thin ice as it is with my wife in terms of the look etc. After a few months or so and if all goes well then maybe.. provided we actually take delivery sometime this year (haha).

Judging from the results from waitingfortesla since 4/1. It appears that Tesla is pumping out nothing but MYAWD (with the Chinese Battery), and I am guessing they want to capitalized on unloading them before the 4/15/2023 Treasury deadline for teh $7,500.00 tax credit.

As such I am speculating that my EDD will likely be extended to 4/16~5/4.

Fukc!ing Tesla!!

beewang
The only MYs that have Chinese batteries are built in Shanghai. There are no MYs built in the US that have Chinese batteries - they all use either the 2170 or the 4680 packs, assembled by Panasonic/Tesla (2170) in Nevada or Tesla (4680) in GigaTexas. The only Tesla model built in the US using Chinese LFP batteries is the M3 SR today.

I worry more about what happens when Tesla comes out with a feature that inadvertantly breaks the functionality and the dev can't fix it. Granted, that's with a lot of things so I'm not poo-pooing this device. It does look interesting.

Reactions: erktrek