Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog/Sentry mode rolling out next week says Elon.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I heard Dog Mode mentioned I was picturing the car would go into doberman mode when sentry mode detected evil-doers messing with your car and maybe instead of music to soothe the perps they’d get loud angry barking. Nice if the car could put some teeth into it too lol.

doberman2.jpg

I did that ^^^ before I heard about dog or sentry mode coming...
( Stick on glass break alarms. )

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
Tesla does not have a view of the area immediately in front of the car. Cars with this feature typically have a camera above the front bumper.

My BMW 340i had '360' surround view without the front camera. It used the down-facing cameras on the mirror pods and the backup camera to stitch together a view around the car that just excluded the area immediately in front of the forward bumper. It worked very well and was more useful than what Tesla is currently offering.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
My BMW 340i had '360' surround view without the front camera. It used the down-facing cameras on the mirror pods and the backup camera to stitch together a view around the car that just excluded the area immediately in front of the forward bumper. It worked very well and was more useful than what Tesla is currently offering.

The overhead/360 thing is physically impossible in a Tesla based on the location, and facing angle, of the various cameras.