Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Afternoon is still warm enough to require AC. Next morning I keep forgetting and after about 10 minutes of driving I realize heater is on. It is around 62 degrees out which is lower than the 72 degree setting in the car. In that scenario I don't want heater! I want vent. Keep the car cool until I get to work Sometimes I can make it to work without any AC. But, my chances are lower for that if the damn heater has been running! No AC..No heater (waste of energy and don't want it hotter). Only solution I know is to turn it to manual and turn the temperature down to LOW. Kind of a pain in the azz to keep tweaking so many screen clicks and I keep forgetting ...

Give me a [HEATER] button that if I turn it off the auto settings will NOT be able to turn on the heater. Period. Lots of Tesla's in Southern California do not need the heater much at all....

Afternoon is still warm enough to require AC. Next morning I keep forgetting and after about 10 minutes of driving I realize heater is on. It is around 62 degrees out which is lower than the 72 degree setting in the car. In that scenario I don't want heater! I want vent. Keep the car cool until I get to work Sometimes I can make it to work without any AC. But, my chances are lower for that if the damn heater has been running! No AC..No heater (waste of energy and don't want it hotter). Only solution I know is to turn it to manual and turn the temperature down to LOW. Kind of a pain in the azz to keep tweaking so many screen clicks and I keep forgetting ...

Give me a [HEATER] button that if I turn it off the auto settings will NOT be able to turn on the heater. Period. Lots of Tesla's in Southern California do not need the heater much at all....
I was thinking the same thing every week. for example when driving on highway outside temperature starts to drop below AC set point, heat is always turned on automatically to compensate the difference. But as OP mentioned, just vent is enough to keep it comfortable. It's a waste of energy.

Yeah I think a button of "no heat" in the AC panel would be sufficient. If the AC thinks the temp difference is too big, it can force heat on automatically.

In the morning, when the car has cooled down overnight, I find I have to set temp at 67-69.

In the afternoon, when the car has been warmed all day and the sensor overestimates temperature, I have to raise set point to 72 or 73.

At least it’s predictable ...

Agree - hvac has inflection point at 69 for hot cold then turn off compressor

I agree and see this as problem too. I should be able to select just turn of heat. I have realized quite few times because of watt-hr/M only, because by default climate control is hidden and does not show it is heating or cooling. May be Tesla can show the Temp in Color Red while heating, blue while cooling and white when just airflow and allow us to switch by tapping?

I agree and see this as problem too. I should be able to select just turn of heat. I have realized quite few times because of watt-hr/M only, because by default climate control is hidden and does not show it is heating or cooling. May be Tesla can show the Temp in Color Red while heating, blue while cooling and white when just airflow and allow us to switch by tapping?

It does show blue/red for cooling and heating on the expanded screen.. the one where you control the air flow. You just can't turn off heating. You could set the temp to LO and turn off AC.. that should do it...for SoCal. But if you are at colder places where temp drops below freezing, I don't think you can ever turn off heater.... not that you would want to.

I see your point of not wasting the car energy; but at the same time, it's nice to just hit auto and set the temp and let it do it thang. But i see your point, give more options to the user if they go manual.