Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Waiting Room - AWD - Non-Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery for tomorrow has been pushed back at least a day. The transport truck is in Maryland and apparently my car decided to stop for some Maryland crabs. Don't blame it, I would too.

The car MIGHT come in tonight (Richmond, VA) 'and they could rush for tomorrow' but I told them I'd rather reschedule than rush the prep. It will also need a state inspection before delivery.

Guy on the phone said maybe Wednesday then...I won't hold my breath, but will be cautiously optimistic. Very polite, friendly, apologetic on the phone...poop happens but sigh. So close. Honestly, I'd rather pick up Thursday as I have to be back in Richmond Friday for work. But, I won't turn down Wednesday either. What's another 360 mile round trip in a week.

Reactions: webdbbt
tesla.jpg
tesla.jpg

I pestered the mysterious person behind the text messages about the location of my car, an hour later, I got a phone call from my local delivery center that I could pick up tomorrow or have home delivery Sunday. So I'm getting my 3D SM 8 days earlier than originally scheduled, 6 weeks after initial order.

I forgot to update this thread (there are a few I've posted on scattered about the interwebs)...the transport was a day late, and I ended up picking up yesterday. The car was nearly flawless. I had to wipe three water spots off a light and there was a trace of sticky film on the 'T' on the steering wheel I rubbed off. Seriously, that was it.

It was charged to 90% for my long drive home as I'd asked. And they specifically showed me things I'd asked about on the phone prior to pick up (like the left turn stalk was working). It's a 10/2018 build and everything else, so far, seems perfect.

The only bummer was that Wednesday was not the best day for me. My ride couldn't drive me so I had to do a one way car rental (though the Tesla courtesy driver gave me a ride back after I dropped off the rental once I'd accepted delivery). So, yesterda I drove 175 miles back to my house. Today, I turned around and drive for work 180 miles. Yes, Tesla Richmond is 5 miles from my work. Baby (tentatively named Dyna Girl) now has 424 miles on her. I sucked it up and didn't ask for a day change as I Just Wanted My Car.

The good news, my home charger worked perfectly. The bad news, work does not have a dedicated electric car charger. The okay news, I had discovered a live 120 volt outlet in a corner of one of the parking garage. So Dyna is currently charging at 4 mi/hour. But, I don't leave work until Sunday night and she should have a full charge by then. If not, there are three superchargers on the way home.

Life is good. The Richmond, VA delivery center is excellent. And, on that note, I leave the thread to the current waiters, and will assure you, the car is awesome and totally worth the wait!

And a picture of Dyna Girl gently sipping some electricity in a corner of the parking garage.
car at work.jpg

My 5-Nov delivery is off... My car has not moved from the mid-west in the last week...:(
I wonder if I’m in the same boat. Delivery in Springfield scheduled on the 13th. 10 days ago I asked my DA if the car was close to NJ. She said it was currently in Chicago. I asked again 2 days ago hoping for an early arrival. Nope. Still in Chicago. I hope they find a train heading east soon.

I wonder if I’m in the same boat. Delivery in Springfield scheduled on the 13th. 10 days ago I asked my DA if the car was close to NJ. She said it was currently in Chicago. I asked again 2 days ago hoping for an early arrival. Nope. Still in Chicago. I hope they find a train heading east soon.
I *think* they come from Chicago by truck. Not certain, though. My delivery in Springfield is set for the 12th. Last I heard, my car was near Pittsburgh. Still need final paperwork for my CU loan.

It does seem like there is a stall in shipments east. There are quite a few people with early/mid Nov deliveries being pushed back...

Darn, things were going so smoothly once my DA made initial contact.

I have not yet been contacted by my IDA, the person I was texting with in Nevada said I should be hearing from them shortly. I need to adjust financing to show that money is being wired from my bank in addition to personal check. However I do now have the VIN that I was told of showing in the order page. Delivery currently still set for the 12th at 9:30am at Devon.

Tried to take delivery in Dedham today but the car was not there. The employee helping us explained that they have very limited overflow parking and so a lot of cars end up stuck in Rhode Island. Going to try again tomorrow.

Contacted by Tesla yesterday afternoon, delivery "reverse delayed" moved to Friday from Monday, could have done tomorrow (Thursday) but my schedule was full.

6pm this Friday (11/9) in Devon, PA we will become a two EV household!

Now to sell dear old dads 2007 civic beater. Anyone local need a reliable car to teach a kid to drive with?