TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Electrician in Seattle

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by noahsw, Jul 20, 2017.

1. noahsw

noahsw Member

Anyone got a recommendation for an electrician to install the high-amp charging plug?

Do I need to go through any sort of permitting process?

Thx!

2. ferdboyce

ferdboyce Member

Here's a very qualified electrician who does a lot of work for us in our downtown Seattle condo. His name is Dave and he's familiar with Tesla.

Attached Files:

3. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Used these guys for NEMA 14-50 installation in Mercer Island.
    Super nice job, they went the extra mile to lay out the conduit through ceilings and walls. (I'm an engineer and have done high-amp commercial installations, but don't do it as a job so I can be painfully nitpicky). They arrange any permits and inspections.

Make sure to check PSE or your utility for rebates on additional UMCs or installations. I essentially got an UMC for free.

My contact was David Queenann
    Puget Sound Solar
    and EV Support
    [email protected]
    O. 206.706.1931
    M. 206.465.1575

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I got my work done before EV Support (echodelta's recommendation) was formed, but I know the owner and have known an employee (both through a local EV group). They are EV owners and great advocates, seem to care a lot about their customers getting a fair deal, and are definitely who I would call.

5. Yarder

Yarder Member

I just lucked out. We're doing a kitchen remodel and switched from an electric range to gas. Freed up a 220 circuit in my breaker box. The general contractor ran the line from the breaker to my outlet location at the end of the garage, about 38 feet away. They ran the cable up thru the garage "attic". It was an extra $300 to do this.

That's about what I figured the cost of the materials would have been if I bought it retail. I'm sure he got a contractors discount.

I'm a happy camper!

• Like x 1
  6. BoscoBoy

BoscoBoy Member

Wayne Sandall at Active Engineering ([email protected]) installed my outlet, in 2013, for nearly $1,000. Conduit from the panel, with more than adequate power available, NEMA 14-50 outlet, with regular 110 outlet attached (Christmas lights!). Have since installed a 30-panel solar array to supplement.