Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk: Departing presidential councils

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ITT: A bunch of people who didn't read the deal or understand the geopolitical ramifications of allowing major trade competitors to set the standard for emissions (or face trade penalties).

Makes for great headlines and additional "Trump hate", nothing more.

Bring on the thumbs down(s)!

So, you think Trump is going to implement more stringent emissions standards?

I don't really understand your "Trump hate" comment, the news reports on his actions. Trump's actions are idiotic, so he's treated like an idiot.

QUOTE="bhzmark, post: 2129182, member: 15186"]This is not a program run by the UN (like its vaccination and disaster relief and starvation relief programs that save countless lives) but rather a contract, a treaty, between countries. And every civilized country has signed on. This makes Trump look like a fool except to his unthinking base (but not the republicans like his secretary of state, energy secretary, mitt Romney, Lindsey graham, George Shultz and lots more. And a bunch of the Fortune 500 companies, and institutional investors etc etc.

It's really just uneducated rednecks and the politicians that count on their support that are against it.

Elon did well to stay in long enough to make this point at this time. Now he shouldn't waste his time any further trying to influence someone so unrelentingly stupid.[/QUOTE]

Obviously no one posting has worked closely with the UN.

How Corrupt Is the United Nations? - Commentary Magazine

I wouldn't give the UN a dime of my money. We would be better off giving it back to tax payers in the form of green energy investment here at home. I love the media's clickitybait extremes - how many people here have read the agreement? We got screwed in the deal by a Junior Varsity "leader".

To my Redneck brothers - here is a fair assessment done by The Atlantic -https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2015/12/a-readers-guide-to-the-paris-agreement/420345/

Make sure you read article 115: $100 Billion was the low estimate.... so China gets a hall pass for 13 YEARS and we US tax payers pay for countries to get green energy, while we make poor investments in the largest countries that do the majority of the polluting.... completely ASS backwards....

http://unfccc.int/files/essential_background/convention/application/pdf/english_paris_agreement.pdf

https://www.nrdc.org/sites/default/files/paris-climate-agreement-IB.pdf

Last edited:
Agreed, just because Trump isn't for this deal, doesn't mean he hates the environment.

Paris Agreement is not the only way to help the environment.

Celebrity supporters are too stupid to actually do any homework, but hear soundbytes and start bashing Trump because of it. How about these moron actors stop taking private jets everywhere, if they care so much about greenhouse gasses? Fly first class in the front of the bus with the rest of us schmucks.

Agreed, just because Trump isn't for this deal, doesn't mean he hates the environment.

Paris Agreement is not the only way to help the environment.

Celebrity supporters are too stupid to actually do any homework, but hear soundbytes and start bashing Trump because of it. How about these moron actors stop taking private jets everywhere, if they care so much about greenhouse gasses? Fly first class in the front of the bus with the rest of us schmucks.

Except the oh like ten times he said climate change is fake and created by China.
It’s ‘an expensive hoax’ — and other things Trump has said about climate change
Oh and also the various roll backs of the Obama era clean energy and environmental protection initiative.
Sure, he is definitely for the environment. You keep telling yourself that.

It's amazing conservative shills' capacity to pretend Trump isn't actively against protecting the environment, and that this action isnt directly about that. Some people will engage in the most insane logical gymnastics to pretend there's some level of nuance here that doesn't make America and the world a dirtier, sicker place, but that is the objective truth to his action here. At least own up to that fact, cowardly conservatives.

Last edited:
The GOP is acting childish and irresponsible on climate change issues. I hope that changes soon, or that they get voted out. Otherwise, it could start getting ugly. What does the responsible free world do with rogue states that act in selfish bad faith? Sanctions. And it gets worse from there. When every other country on Earth and half of your own country is against you, including the grand majority of scientists and science based institutions, and your only ally is Syria, you might want to reconsider what side you are on.

I do enjoy the consensus that if you don't believe in China and the UN's honesty and fair dealings with US citizens, you are stupid, uneducated rednecks.

There is little doubt that the Chinese Government has thought all Americans are stupid uneducated rednecks since Kyoto, especially our Presidents.

• Disagree
Reactions: Pezpunk and oktane
ELECTIONS.jpg

Reactions: Haxster
I do enjoy the consensus that if you don't believe in China and the UN's honesty and fair dealings with US citizens, you are stupid, uneducated rednecks.

There is little doubt that the Chinese Government has thought all Americans are stupid uneducated rednecks since Kyoto, especially our Presidents.

You certainly like strawman. I'll give you that much.
It might be true in other regards but that does not change the fact that climate change is real or that Trump is too confused to understand that it's real. And it also doesn't change the real reason he and the GOP are pulling out of the accord, which is... it's an Obama's legacy that actually works.

Kudos to Elon for trying to have a voice at the table but now recognizing that when the person at the head of the table is incapable of engaging in rational thought deciding to leave the table.

The good news is that the Paris treaty withdrawal process takes 4 years. So the next presidential election results can terminate the withdrawal process before it is final.

Reactions: bhzmark
Kudos to Elon for trying to have a voice at the table but now recognizing that when the person at the head of the table is incapable of engaging in rational thought deciding to leave the table.

The good news is that the Paris treaty withdrawal process takes 4 years. So the next presidential election results can terminate the withdrawal process before it is final.
wrong again, while it may appear that it takes four years to withdraw from that insipid accord, the US senate never ratified it. From the perspective of the US we never agreed to it.