Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More like Jeff Bezos? Most of us look up to Elon for his missions to help humanity which is the opposite of Bezos who’s goals are to create shareholder value as well as his own while not giving a *sugar* about anyone else....
Amen....give me a leader who is caring and human like Elon any-day

I never said Tesla needs to be like Amazon.

I said Musk should start acting more like Bezos rather than Snoop.

Achieve the mission through great products, not chaos. What he is doing now is pure distraction and doesn't help advance the brand in any way.

If fact, you're correct. I'm unable to listen to the interview right now. But I'll take your word that the interview is fine. By all accounts he did a good job selling Joe on the car. But, that isn't my issue.

The image of Elon with a big doob in his mouth, splayed all over pop media, is more than enough damage for one day. Did he think that that would play out well? Did he think that every image would be carefully captioned with his comments about it being the anti-coffee? In Elon, we had an inspirational character. He was a hero to legions of wide eyed and bushy tailed STEM kids out there. Elon showed what could be done. But google Elon this morning and you get a bunch of Cheech & Chong photos.

Add that to an unending stream of antics... his well known issues with Ambien, likely other substance abuse issues, being dumb enough to engage this idiot in Thailand, "funding secured", and ongoing other drama in his personal life, the Elon show has become a mix of legend and cautionary tale. How many parents are going to want to say to their kids "this is what you can become"?

Maybe it was too much. His image was larger than life... more than what could be expected from any person.

Ah well...

There are no antics. If you watched and listened to the interview without some stupid preconceived notions you would discover he’s extremely empathetic, has a great sense of humor, is as regular in almost everyway as all of us, possesses a unique gift or curse depending on your point of view, is good natured and fun, doesn’t take himself too seriously but does take our future seriously, and is just one of the most unique and interesting people out there.

There’s not a single thing in that interview that should be interpreted in a negative way. He’s sitting down, having a few shots of whiskey and one pathetic toke just to say ‘yup, been there, done that, not my thing’, talking about life and hanging out.

The media saw you coming a mile away with the word gullible tattooed to your forehead.

Are you upset about the interview? Or a specific part? The whiskey?

I'm upset because he has been doing senseless tweeting, pedo calling, blunt hitting, etc.

None of it has helped the value of the company. He is causing chaos and important execs are dropping from Tesla like flies.

Tesla isn't a small startup any more. If you want to play in the big leagues, act accordingly.

I'm upset because he has been doing senseless tweeting, pedo calling, blunt hitting, etc.

None of it has helped the value of the company. He is causing chaos and important execs are dropping from Tesla like flies.

Tesla isn't a small startup any more. If you want to play in the big leagues, act accordingly.

I have a lot of respect for Ohmman, but I find it funny that he'd even ask you to explain yourself. Outside of TMC everyone is basically asking "what the hell was Elon thinking?"

So its not like what you're saying is from left field.

When I was taking delivery today I felt like it was a really dark day to be doing so.

Back in 2015 Elon was an adder to the entire experience of buying a car, but today it was a massive negative. To the point where I really had to push that noise away to focus just on the car itself.

There has be someone else at Tesla filling a vital role to take attention away from Elon. Allow Elon to be the visionary while someone else handles the day to day stuff, and communication to customers.

Reactions: Surfer

I agree with this, as I mentioned upthread quite a ways, back in the Twitter journalism attack era. It would be ideal if he weren't doing this. Elon is in a weird position - the fame of a movie star or high profile politician with the responsibilities of a bunch of CEOs, and wealth to best all of them. That's got to be tough to juggle. His recent public persona is not a good look in my opinion, but unfortunately it's what it is. We can wish what we want of the guy, but he does have a ton of redeeming qualities that have resulted in things that are unlikely to have existed without him being around.

Really what I wanted to delve into was the weed thing. This seems to be what hangs a lot of people up about the Rogan interview. I'll preface by saying I have no problem with weed, but I'm by no means a stoner. Those who have met me in person can probably tell it's a quick trip to paranoia for my hyper self. :)

The answer I was looking for is that the public has an outdated view on cannabis, and therefore as a public figure he might be best to avoid showcasing it. I can agree with that. I cannot agree with people here overlooking the drinking and focusing on cannabis. Statistically speaking, alcohol has significantly worse health outcomes than cannabis, at least according to all the data we have available today. So to focus on it as if he's harming himself or setting a bad example, but to overlook alcohol consumption is hypocritical, or at a minimum outdated. I do believe, based on my personal research and watching the trend, that cannabis consumption is going to become much more normal and we'll all have to discuss it with our kids. Elon may be pushing the societal acceptance curve this early in the game, though.

I was kind of fishing, and I apologize. I should have just come out and said all this straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.