Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On another chat board I'm on a lot of people are saying that Musk appears to be having a nervous breakdown. The Twitter/pedophile thing seems to be a big deal. Since I don't pay attention to the news (sensationalism, yellow journalism, and distortions when it's not outright lies) and I don't use Twitter, really the only things I know about Musk are that my car is the best car I've ever owned, and SpaceX regularly sends rocket to the ISS. I didn't even know that he took a puff of pot on a podcast. (I voted for legalization, though I don't care for it myself.)

If Musk did call someone a pedophile without solid evidence, I think that was very bad judgement. Especially since the guy is apparently regarded as a hero for his part in rescuing those kids.

What I come away with after reading about the last two pages of this thread is that @Krugerrand has the best avatar ever.

On another chat board I'm on a lot of people are saying that Musk appears to be having a nervous breakdown. The Twitter/pedophile thing seems to be a big deal. Since I don't pay attention to the news (sensationalism, yellow journalism, and distortions when it's not outright lies) and I don't use Twitter, really the only things I know about Musk are that my car is the best car I've ever owned, and SpaceX regularly sends rocket to the ISS. I didn't even know that he took a puff of pot on a podcast. (I voted for legalization, though I don't care for it myself.)

If Musk did call someone a pedophile without solid evidence, I think that was very bad judgement. Especially since the guy is apparently regarded as a hero for his part in rescuing those kids.

What I come away with after reading about the last two pages of this thread is that @Krugerrand has the best avatar ever.

He may or may not be having a nervous breakdown in the moment. I don’t think so. He’s certainly going through a rough patch and I blame everyone who’s bashing him non-stop. He’s clearly tough minded, though, so he’ll work through it.

He did call some jerk a pedophile on Twitter - a few times. I’ve no idea what Elon may or may not know, but Elon totally out-jerked the guy regardless. Always the overachiever that Elon.

Elon didn’t inhale.

Yes, I do have the best avatar. :D

That’s like saying Chris Christie is a hero for rescuing those donuts...

That’s like saying Chris Christie is a hero for rescuing those donuts...

He played an intricate part of the early phases of the rescue so he's viewed as part of the team even though he wasn't a diver himself.

It doesn't really matter if he was a hero or not it's still completely unacceptable for someone in a position of power like Musk to call someone a pedo with ZERO evidence.

You’re being scammed by the media too. And archaic thought processes. Do you also still think EVs are nothing more than glorified golf carts that you can only go two miles at 6mph and take four days to recharge?

News flash for everyone: Elon doesn’t always play by the rules. Surprise!

I'm curious about why you chose to go down this path?

I wasn't insisting that Elon played by the rules, but that some rules he has to follow. Where I questioned his sanity because he seems to have lost track of the line between rules he has to follow, and rules he's free to break.

The "funding secured" tweet is an obvious example of an SEC rule he may have broken.

The pedo insult was also another rule that he broke. The whole not defaming someone.

Both of those things have cost Tesla a lot of money, and have damaged Elon's credibility.

Instead of actually addressing those things you decided to accuse me of being scammed by the media, and thinking EV's are nothing more than glorified golf carts. But, you know I'm a Tesla owner and you've likely seen my posts hundreds of times. You should have a pretty good idea now of where I'm coming from on any Tesla related topic.

He played an intricate part of the early phases of the rescue so he's viewed as part of the team even though he wasn't a diver himself.

It doesn't really matter if he was a hero or not it's still completely unacceptable for someone in a position of power like Musk to call someone a pedo with ZERO evidence.
Yes, calling someone a pedo with zero evidence would be troubling if there was zero evidence.... however, Elon quadrupled down on it and called him a child rapist in private email correct? this is why I think there is at least a significant reputation.

If he's right however, Elon is a great guy for pointing out the pedo.... which I think would be a great new easter egg.... point out the pedo is like pin the tail on the donkey but using steering inputs to chase down the pedo, and then run him over on screen. Then Chris Hansen swoops in and arrests him.

I'm curious about why you chose to go down this path?

I wasn't insisting that Elon played by the rules, but that some rules he has to follow. Where I questioned his sanity because he seems to have lost track of the line between rules he has to follow, and rules he's free to break.

The "funding secured" tweet is an obvious example of an SEC rule he may have broken.

The pedo insult was also another rule that he broke. The whole not defaming someone.

Both of those things have cost Tesla a lot of money, and have damaged Elon's credibility.

Instead of actually addressing those things you decided to accuse me of being scammed by the media, and thinking EV's are nothing more than glorified golf carts. But, you know I'm a Tesla owner and you've likely seen my posts hundreds of times. You should have a pretty good idea now of where I'm coming from on any Tesla related topic.

Technically he doesn’t have to follow any rules. Naturally there are certain ones that once broken there’s no going back and consequences are severe.

One of those rules isn’t taking a puff of weed. That doesn’t even hit the top 100 list of things CEOs of companies shouldn’t do.

People are wayyyyy too uptight and wayyyy too much in other people’s business and wayyy too serious and wayyy too negative and wayyy too judgemental.

SEC...meh. At worst he gets a slap on the wrist and a personal fine. Means nothing in the scheme of things. I don’t sweat the small stuff nor allow myself to be swept up by media turds and the like who want to convince me the sky is falling when it’s just a raindrop.

The pedo commit was Elon being a bigger dick than the other dick. Meh, as well. He apologized then for whatever reason got into it again. Meh. The guy will sue Elon or he won’t. No, I don’t condone the action but it doesnt make Elon not a capable CEO, insane, crazy or otherwise.

None of the above have caused him to lose any credibility in my investor or non-investor eyes and there are millions of people who feel as I do. There are even posts on this forum the last couple days where people are clearly stating they couldn’t be happier with Elon and Tesla.

None of the above have cost Tesla any loss of money. It may have cost some investors money who aren’t long term buy and holders. That’s on them. They’ve been told TSLA is volatile, that the CEO doesn’t care even a little bit about short term SP movements and they’ve had years to discover how he operates and that literally anything can come out of his mouth.

The best I can offer you and others that feel the same; get out, leave the forum, close this chapter and live a happier life.

Both of those things have cost Tesla a lot of money
I think my problem with this is that they haven't cost Tesla any money as far as I can tell. They've made the stock price drop, which has cost shareholders money if they cashed out. It has taken a hit on Elon's net wealth. If they were considering a secondary offering, it may have caused issues with that kind of capital increase. However, that's not on the table as far as I can tell.

Happy to be educated as to what I'm missing, though.

Nothing Elon does outside of running the company will affect Tesla in the long run. What will affect Tesla are the cars, batteries, and solar panels/roofs they build. How fast can they turn out the cars, and at what quality. I'm delighted with the quality of mine, and looking forward to it's getting better. How fast they can produce them is important, but Tesla has never compromised on quality to meet production goals, so announced goals should never be taken too literally. A lot of this has to do with Musk's leadership. I'm not sure all that Tweeting is useful. But then, I don't think that anything good comes of twitter and I don't use it (or Facebook) myself.

And I have to say it again: That kitten picture is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

I think my problem with this is that they haven't cost Tesla any money as far as I can tell. They've made the stock price drop, which has cost shareholders money if they cashed out. It has taken a hit on Elon's net wealth. If they were considering a secondary offering, it may have caused issues with that kind of capital increase. However, that's not on the table as far as I can tell.

Maybe I'm the one missing something.

My understanding was those that lost money due to the "funding secured" tweet have to be made whole again. Where Elon/Tesla has to pay them money to reimburse them for their lost due to the tweet.

Where does that money come from? Tesla or Elon?

When I wrote that I assumed it was from Tesla.

I got that from articles such as this.

Lawsuits over Elon Musk’s ‘funding secured’ tweet could potentially cost Tesla billions

Specifically -

"Gasparino notes that Tesla’s legal team has determined that the fallout from Musk’s tweets could cost the company millions in legal fees and potentially billions in damages from investor lawsuits. Interestingly enough, Tesla has reportedly already hired three outside law firms to handle impending suits."

Now I don't think there is any questions that those tweets have damaged Tesla, and it's really just a question of how much.

Those who really love Tesla.. to the point of using options contracts to leverage their love - got wiped out unnecessarily.

Unlike shares, those are time bound and go to 0 even if Tesla doesn’t bankrupt.

Maybe I'm the one missing something.

My understanding was those that lost money due to the "funding secured" tweet have to be made whole again. Where Elon/Tesla has to pay them money to reimburse them for their lost due to the tweet.

Where does that money come from? Tesla or Elon?

When I wrote that I assumed it was from Tesla.

I got that from articles such as this.

Lawsuits over Elon Musk’s ‘funding secured’ tweet could potentially cost Tesla billions

Specifically -

"Gasparino notes that Tesla’s legal team has determined that the fallout from Musk’s tweets could cost the company millions in legal fees and potentially billions in damages from investor lawsuits. Interestingly enough, Tesla has reportedly already hired three outside law firms to handle impending suits."

Now I don't think there is any questions that those tweets have damaged Tesla, and it's really just a question of how much.

Establishing tort I am sure is not easy even a field as volatile and risky as investments.

Insiders are not buying and selling on the tweets.

Those who really love Tesla.. to the point of using options contracts to leverage their love - got wiped out unnecessarily.

Unlike shares, those are time bound and go to 0 even if Tesla doesn’t bankrupt.
I retired as a professional trader. I can say definitively that if you’re using options as leverage on an issue as volatile as Tesla, investor education is your problem. Not Elon Musk.

I retired as a professional trader. I can say definitively that if you’re using options as leverage on an issue as volatile as Tesla, investor education is your problem. Not Elon Musk.

I agree with you 100%.

Anyone in options needs to understand and manage risk exposure.

However, few can fathom black swan events that blow them out of their positions originating from Musk himself.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Agree. Leverage on TSLA is fine when daytrading and there's a decent volume. Because you can get out quickly when it turns on you.

But holding a leveraged position on TSLA overnight or long-term would be crazy judgment. As that's really a double or nothing risk management strategy.. which inevitably would blow up your account in short time.

DmmZPSwVAAAaokk.jpg

I have to say the Elon/Tesla should consider the Trump model. i.e. embrace the seemingly "bad story". Keep talking about the POT "smoking". Just need some sharp marketing folks. e.g. from Elon, "I dont normally smoke but we at Tesla work as hard we we possibly can to make great electric cars to save the planet and need to unwind sometimes. We are not stuck in the past and will take risks to succeed." He should also do some footage of him at the gym. Possibly if they have a gym at the Factory even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.