Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is absolutely NOT the answer.

Elon IS Tesla.
Then for all the truly big, important achievements Musk can legitimately claim while funding, then guiding Tesla, he will have failed in the end. The most important thing a CEO who is out to change the world can do is create something bigger than himself, and more lasting.
Robin

Then for all the truly big, important achievements Musk can legitimately claim while funding, then guiding Tesla, he will have failed in the end. The most important thing a CEO who is out to change the world can do is create something bigger than himself, and more lasting.
Robin
Failed? Failed at the important achievements?

His important achievements are written in history. They can't be un-done. Its impossible to fail at something history has anchored in the ground as success.

Reactions: pepcjim
No, as I said. He's succeeded in many, many important ways. His historical achievements are secure. But if it really is all about Elon Musk now, if Tesla, as you suggested, is Elon Musk, then he's failed to create something bigger than himself. And that puts not just Tesla in jeopardy, but the transition to more sustainable transportation as well.
I think he can still pull this out. But he's got to quit helping his enemies (if he can) and time's running short.
Robin

Reactions: Sean Wagner
No, as I said. He's succeeded in many, many important ways. His historical achievements are secure. But if it really is all about Elon Musk now, if Tesla, as you suggested, is Elon Musk, then he's failed to create something bigger than himself. And that puts not just Tesla in jeopardy, but the transition to more sustainable transportation as well.
I think he can still pull this out. But he's got to quit helping his enemies (if he can) and time's running short.
Robin

Present Tesla is sustainable without Elon
Future Tesla, at a typical growth rate, is sustainable without Elon
Future Tesla, at current growth rate, requires Elon

Failed? Failed at the important achievements?
His important achievements are written in history. They can't be un-done. Its impossible to fail at something history has anchored in the ground as success.

So how many bricks of his memorial pyramid have you dragged into place in your backyard? How many sticks of incense burned in your shrine?

Seriously, you guys should step back and think about your posts.

That’s right! Let’s fire Musk, close Tesla, fire the 40.000 employees, have some chinese company buy the remains and take it out of the US. Then let’s find the next successful brilliant entrepreneur and burn him down too. #gettingthepopcorn

What is it with you guys that you want to self destruct?

Reactions: DMack
So how many bricks of his memorial pyramid have you dragged into place in your backyard? How many sticks of incense burned in your shrine?

Seriously, you guys should step back and think about your posts.
My posts are WELL thought out.

As a matter of fact....without Elon Musk....you wouldn't even have this forum to ridicule me with. Soooo you should be happy as well.

The earth and our environment is a much better place because of Elon Musk and his genius. <-------- That's a well though out statement as well as a true one.

Across the planet - one million miles a day - and rising - driven without pollutants from emissions because of him. Who else can you point to that contributes in this manner?

Reactions: dhrivnak
To be clear, this forum started when Tesla had a different (first) CEO.

Elon is the primary face of Tesla now, but that wasn't always the case.

Were you watching Tesla in 2006 ?

Didn't need to....

The true advances of Tesla didn't come along until after the first CEO left.

Example: Supercharging. ( started in October 2014 )

In my estimation what truly sets Tesla apart NOW is country wide supercharging . (range anxiety is gone). Thanks Elon.

Every other EV is time/range limited.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
This is the best possible settlement for Musk. Being CEO + Chairman of Board is generally frowned upon.
It's essentially being your own boss.
Large investors generally push for an independent board, and it's probably in Tesla's best interest long-term anyway.
$20M and staying CEO with no admission of guilt is a great settlement.
And the Chairman ban is only 3 years anyway if they want to hand it back later...

Very sad news... he probably calculated it would be better for Tesla to resign from the Board and remain CEO.
I agree with the decision although it is a bitter pill... now the spotlight can return to the 3Q production and earnings.

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk agreed on Saturday to pay a $20 million fine and step down as board chairman as part of a settlement with the Securities & Commission that he misled investors about his plans to take the company private. Tesla will separately pay another $20 million and agreed to add two new independent directors to its board. Under the settlement, Musk will resign as chairman of the automaker within 45 days and be barred from that position for three years.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
Very sad news... he probably calculated it would be better for Tesla to resign from the Board and remain CEO.
I agree with the decision although it is a bitter pill... now the spotlight can return to the 3Q production and earnings.

Tesla chief executive Elon Musk agreed on Saturday to pay a $20 million fine and step down as board chairman as part of a settlement with the Securities & Commission that he misled investors about his plans to take the company private. Tesla will separately pay another $20 million and agreed to add two new independent directors to its board. Under the settlement, Musk will resign as chairman of the automaker within 45 days and be barred from that position for three years.
What a shame.

This is the best possible settlement for Musk. Being CEO + Chairman of Board is generally frowned upon.
It's essentially being your own boss.
Large investors generally push for an independent board, and it's probably in Tesla's best interest long-term anyway.
$20M and staying CEO with no admission of guilt is a great settlement.
And the Chairman ban is only 3 years anyway if they want to hand it back later...

Yep. He did a stupid, impulsive thing and paid for it. This is the best possible outcome. It may even be positive because it seems like they’re going to be vetting his teeets from now on. And hopefully, it will force him to reflect on some of the dumb crap he’s being doing lately.

Yep. He did a stupid, impulsive thing and paid for it. This is the best possible outcome. It may even be positive because it seems like they’re going to be vetting his teeets from now on. And hopefully, it will force him to reflect on some of the dumb crap he’s being doing lately.

Yes. It makes me think of the quote, "success is a terrible teacher." Hopefully this incident, although painful short term, will be a lesson learned for the long term both for Musk and Tesla.

I can admire the man and company, their contributions to society, and overall brilliance, but I can still hold them accountable when they say and do stupid things. Everyone has to understand that there are consequences to your actions and statements no matter how rich, successful, or brilliant you are (unless you are POTUS apparently).

Status
Not open for further replies.