Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still yet, it will come down to the basics that it you have money, you have lost a bunch of freedoms.
If your are conceived as being rich, you can no longer express your displeasure as the common individual does.
Case in point, on an average day, at ANY sports arena or bar, you will hear the same vugular terms but nobody sues because they kinda see each other as equals. But,, as soon as someone sees the other guy as a easy mark, Call My Lawyer!! You hurt my feelings!
I still say Unsworth is an opportunist looking for money and Musk is a putts.
The only one who makes out here is the lawyer and those with an axe to grind by sticking it to the rich,, anybody else is a pollyanna - crybaby.

Yes, but by being rich you gain a bunch of freedoms too. Everyone has their own cross to bear.

So you’re saying, that it is OK to call someone a pedophile, if he is western and goes to Thailand? Incredible bullsh*it.
Almost yes. I wouldn't have straight up accused him, but if I thought it was pertinent, I might have asked; "Are you ____?", rather than "You are ____." I found it odd Elon jumped to the conclusion. However, it is not an unfounded supposition. I, however, wasn't following that story closely enough to know if it was a pertinent question, and so when he asked it, I was surprised, since it didn't seem quite relevant at the time.

As Che and Ohm point out, there may be a new set of people visiting Thailand that are different than the types of people who used to visit it decades ago when Elon and I were younger. Those people back then creeped me out. The newer people might have been a new wave coming in since the Instagram traveling phenomenon. It used to be the only people visiting there bragged of being with very young people, and I would distance myself from them very quickly. I suspect Elon experienced the same thing I did, since we were both around Silicon Valley & Los Angeles circa 1990-1993.
That's total BS. Typical close-minded American viewpoint.

Plenty of foreigners live in Thailand, I know some myself, none of them are pedos or rapists.

Lot of people also retire there since there is a low cost of living.
You presented the absolute first data point I've heard in my entire life in that direction. I've heard literally multiple dozens of data points of the kind fitting Elon's accusation of persons going to Thailand. That's 0% of what you said until you posted your claim. Elon is close to my age (within months), so it might be that we encountered people of that kind, whereas other age groups of people never met those types of people. I'm going by experience, not prejudice.

---

This is all different than accusing someone of that who didn't visit Thailand. Thailand was (but apparently no longer is) a well known bad place to be known having visited. That was true for many decades, and I'm certain of it, since most people I knew knew that. It is possible that my local circles were not the same circles others have experienced, and others did not know of this reputation.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lasairfion
Now at 52 hours. Looks like the Earnings Call theory might be right!

3 days.

Earnings call coming on Wednesday according to IR.Tesla.Com.

That will be 3 more days, so 6 days total. Countup to 6 days!

P.S., I'm not one to say Elon should stay on social media. I myself have disconnected my cell service. I have deleted most apps. I don't use Google apps or Facebook any more. I am starting to convert my Apple Mac into a Linux computer. I am slowly converting away from FCC censored hardware and its ecosystem of slavery corporations (Verizon, AT&T, Google, Apple, Facebook, Linkedin, etc.), and I am converting to self-owned destiny in all my devices. I did start using Ham radios, but that is constricted in its use, but I can use it to replace emergency communications that I lost when I turned off my cell service.

However, Elon can use social media to propel his businesses, and I sometimes have this opinion that he is powerful enough not to have to stoop to the levels of censorship that everyone else experiences. But, of course, that isn't quite true; the way he exercises his power has not given him an exception to the slavemaking rules of the FCC ecosystem of corporations. The establishment companies and political parties have played a massive censorship role on him, not the least with the very criminal S.E.C..

Last edited:
If your are conceived as being rich, you can no longer express your displeasure as the common individual does.

No, the law on libel applies to everyone. It's just worse for Musk because he is famous and has a lot of Twitter followers, so the damage he did was greater.

Did you miss the filing attachments that allegedly show a conman convinced Musk that he was a Private Investigator and fed Elon false negative info on the plaintiff?

Doesn't matter. If you accuse someone of something and you are wrong you face the consequences.

Doesn't matter. If you accuse someone of something and you are wrong you face the consequences.

No arguing that, but there is a difference between calling some rando something, and allegedly having some supposed PI telling you that something is factual. I was responding specifically to:

He really is muppet. He's already pissed away $40M with a single tweet and now he's going to lose even more money because he couldn't resist calling some random guy a paedophile when he trashed his submarine idea.

No arguing that, but there is a difference between calling some rando something, and allegedly having some supposed PI telling you that something is factual. I was responding specifically to:
Even so, one with the social media stature of Musk should still resist publicly calling someone a pedophile. Report the guy to the authorities privately and don't respond online, even if you have firsthand knowledge of his actions.

Even so, one with the social media stature of Musk should still resist publicly calling someone a pedophile. Report the guy to the authorities privately and don't respond online, even if you have firsthand knowledge of his actions.

True, the initial (knee jerk?) response was before the PI stuff.
I think the off the record (OTR) - not off the record and messages that other people started were post pseudo PI though.
The not OTR publication really p!55es me off as non-ethical journalism (per New York University Journalism guidelines).
NYU Journalism Handbook for Students - NYU Journalism
“Off the record” restricts the reporter from using the information the source is about to deliver. The information is offered to explain or further a reporter’s understanding of a particular issue or event. (Various presidents have invited reporters to have dinner with the understanding that no information from this meeting can ever be published.) But if the reporter can confirm the information with another source who doesn’t insist on speaking off the record (whether that means he agreed to talking on the record, on background, or not for attribution) he can publish it.

The problem with the phrase “off the record” is that many people, reporters and the general public alike, misunderstand its precise meaning. These days many interviewees think “off the record” is largely synonymous with “on background” or “not for attribution.” There is so much murkiness about what “off the record” means that it is essential that the reporter and source agree on a definition before beginning an “off the record” portion of an interview. In the Department of Journalism, “off the record” means the information should not be used in the story unless the reporter can confirm it through another source. In general, it is best to avoid off the record conversations; another option might be to converse off the record and then try to convince the source to agree to waive the agreement.
If someone puts off the record at the beginning of an e-mail, the journalist should either respect that or stop reading.

The further Twitter responses were unneeded, but I can sympathize with his position.

If someone puts off the record at the beginning of an e-mail, the journalist should either respect that or stop reading.
I agree with you regarding ethical journalism. I know there are journalists who disagree and think that "off the record" is a request/acknowledgement mechanism, so it doesn't work in email, but still it seems more ethical to respect the request. That said, I also think it's beyond foolish to send an email starting with off the record and then proceeding to disclose information that you clearly don't want to go public. It would never cross my mind to do such a thing.

3 days.

Earnings call coming on Wednesday according to IR.Tesla.Com.

That will be 3 more days, so 6 days total. Countup to 6 days!

P.S., I'm not one to say Elon should stay on social media. I myself have disconnected my cell service. I have deleted most apps. I don't use Google apps or Facebook any more. I am starting to convert my Apple Mac into a Linux computer. I am slowly converting away from FCC censored hardware and its ecosystem of slavery corporations (Verizon, AT&T, Google, Apple, Facebook, Linkedin, etc.), and I am converting to self-owned destiny in all my devices. I did start using Ham radios, but that is constricted in its use, but I can use it to replace emergency communications that I lost when I turned off my cell service.

However, Elon can use social media to propel his businesses, and I sometimes have this opinion that he is powerful enough not to have to stoop to the levels of censorship that everyone else experiences. But, of course, that isn't quite true; the way he exercises his power has not given him an exception to the slavemaking rules of the FCC ecosystem of corporations. The establishment companies and political parties have played a massive censorship role on him, not the least with the very criminal S.E.C..

That's quite the commitment. I was slow to adopt a cell phone. And when I first had one I rarely took it anywhere. I now take it with me, but still don't use it much. I end some texts and make phone calls with it. My app usage is low and while we have a data plan that's something like 2GB a month for each phone, we use about 50 MB a month with 3 phones.

I would convert my computers to Linux if my day job wasn't mostly programming Windows. WINE supports most Windows apps on Linux now, but none of the development tools.

The slavery to smart devices is concerning to me. We had several friends here for a weekend a couple of months ago and when we went out to dinner one entire side of the table was sitting there glued to their phones. And the youngest of them turns 50 this year. My phone was in the car, where it normally is when I'm in a restaurant.

A doctor I see from time to time said he knows he could get addicted to smart devices, so he deliberately uses a flip phone. It gives him text and phone capability and not much else.

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 22.45.08.png

I agree with you regarding ethical journalism. I know there are journalists who disagree and think that "off the record" is a request/acknowledgement mechanism, so it doesn't work in email, but still it seems more ethical to respect the request. That said, I also think it's beyond foolish to send an email starting with off the record and then proceeding to disclose information that you clearly don't want to go public. It would never cross my mind to do such a thing.

Even if it is a two way thing, someone starting with OTR shows their intent and that they do no understand the two way aspect.
If the message body were an attachment,
It's generally a good statement, and a statement of what he somehow prefers or thinks works best in his experience and estimation. Also, it is quite relevant in a contextual example in which it was placed:
View attachment 468746

Notes from investor roundtable thread:
Elon may have referencing Andrew Yang's comments on China relations (also carrot/ stick).

Elon also just tweeted via Starlink.

Elon finally realizes Twitter is sour, and there aren't sufficient replacements. Here is what Elon said:

"Not sure about good of Twitter", 8:23AM today.

("Reddit still seems good", 8:25AM today ... he hasn't experienced the censorship there?)

"Going offline", 8:39AM today.

If it weren't for Trump's penchant for hanging out with his enemies, the President would already be off Twitter, and even more of us wouldn't be using that mass-media promoted website. Elon leaving will at least hasten our leaving Twitter.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 00.13.05.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 00.13.27.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 00.13.15.png

If it weren't for Trump's penchant for hanging out with his enemies
Pretty sure the guy who gets rid of and debases anyone who disagrees with him and strongly vets attendees to any of his events doesn't have a penchant for hanging out with his enemies. Twitter works well for sparking and sowing outrage, if that's one's thing. It's also a way to say very little and reach many people.

Reddit is definitely a better option.

For anyone who is interested in the appeal of outrage, this is a good Hidden Brain episode on the topic, and the possible evolutionary background on why it touches the reward system of our brain.
‎Hidden Brain: Screaming Into The Void on Apple Podcasts

Last edited:
For anyone who is interested in the appeal of outrage, this is a good Hidden Brain episode on the topic, and the possible evolutionary background on why it touches the reward system of our brain.
‎Hidden Brain: Screaming Into The Void on Apple Podcasts
When I heard lazy alcohol drinking basketball watchers laugh about a couple of black guys trying to kill each other in Basketball the other day, I finally realized that Football & Basketball are also a way to remove the sense of defense of family and culture from our people by acting as sort of a rage creation and blowout machine, and thus a sponge. For some people, Twitter similarly seems like such a sport, but Trump isn't just playing a game. Over and over I've seen the communists use rage as a weapon against righteous self respecting people, so blaming the victims for the acts of the communists is playing right into their attack.

Reactions: BozieBeMe2
Elon finally realizes Twitter is sour, and there aren't sufficient replacements. Here is what Elon said:

"Not sure about good of Twitter", 8:23AM today.

("Reddit still seems good", 8:25AM today ... he hasn't experienced the censorship there?)

"Going offline", 8:39AM today.

If it weren't for Trump's penchant for hanging out with his enemies, the President would already be off Twitter, and even more of us wouldn't be using that mass-media promoted website. Elon leaving will at least hasten our leaving Twitter.

View attachment 472304 View attachment 472305 View attachment 472306

Seems like this paedophile lawsuit has finally made him realize that a lack of self-control and a broadcast platform like Twitter are a toxic mix. Apparently a $40M fine from the SEC wasn't enough... This incident probably cost him a few friends and a lot of goodwill.

• Disagree
Reactions: mongo
Status
Not open for further replies.