Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like this paedophile lawsuit has finally made him realize that a lack of self-control and a broadcast platform like Twitter are a toxic mix. Apparently a $40M fine from the SEC wasn't enough... This incident probably cost him a few friends and a lot of goodwill.

Precipitating event is more like Steve Jobs Ghost being banned, and TeslaCharts not.
Elon had been very restrained on Twitter lately.
The worst damage was likely the 'off the record' not 'off the record' publishing of his e-mails.

Elon was fined $20 million and only accepted that to make the suit go away. Tesla was fined $20 million also.

Elon's friends would not ditch him over this.

Precipitating event is more like Steve Jobs Ghost being banned, and TeslaCharts not.
Elon had been very restrained on Twitter lately.
The worst damage was likely the 'off the record' not 'off the record' publishing of his e-mails.

Elon was fined $20 million and only accepted that to make the suit go away. Tesla was fined $20 million also.

Elon's friends would not ditch him over this.

if they ditched him over this, then they were never a true friend.

yes Elon made some dumb mistakes but that cave guy truly was a total dick from the very beginning towards Elon. Yes, Elon flipped out and would have been better of saying “I’m sorry I didn’t rise to his standards. I will try to do better.” That would have completely put ALL the douchiness on the cave guy. That...BTW....just happened to be right on putting his finger on a Map.

When I heard lazy alcohol drinking basketball watchers laugh about a couple of black guys trying to kill each other in Basketball the other day, I finally realized that Football & Basketball are also a way to remove the sense of defense of family and culture from our people by acting as sort of a rage creation and blowout machine, and thus a sponge. For some people, Twitter similarly seems like such a sport, but Trump isn't just playing a game. Over and over I've seen the communists use rage as a weapon against righteous self respecting people, so blaming the victims for the acts of the communists is playing right into their attack.
Where did our society go wrong? - When we started telling our children, "You have the Right".
Well that depends, do your rights over take someone else's rights?.
In nearly every case, yes it will. At that point common sense should prevail and details will work to the top of the argument, to be fair to all. Kinda how Eminent Domain is suppose to work. For the betterment of all, which means, some eggs will be broken.
Then enter the Special Interest Groups-
They will protest, march and set up special groups with agendas. That's all well and good, but then again, they have their rights which they will present as the 'Only Solution'. So we should fall back on common sense, but we won't.
Our Party IS The Only One!!
I equate this to how we have taught our children that when crossing service roads in the malls, you have the right to walk out into traffic without looking. True, but you also have the responsibility to make sure you will be safe.
Being right can be the same as being dead right.
So, a little long winded but the point is, It's still our responsibility to research, before supporting anything that we might have to answer for, or to.

When I heard lazy alcohol drinking basketball watchers laugh about a couple of black guys trying to kill each other in Basketball the other day, I finally realized that Football & Basketball are also a way to remove the sense of defense of family and culture from our people by acting as sort of a rage creation and blowout machine, and thus a sponge. For some people, Twitter similarly seems like such a sport, but Trump isn't just playing a game. Over and over I've seen the communists use rage as a weapon against righteous self respecting people, so blaming the victims for the acts of the communists is playing right into their attack.
My link doesn’t suggest doing any such thing. It defines the appeal of outrage as an emotion. Not sure where your rant is sourced.

Sports play into our tribal instincts, and politics plays the same game. “Othering” is extremely dangerous.

Speaking of random: just watched Rick and Morty season 4 episode 3 and it guest starred Elon Musk.

Just like in the Big Bang Theory or Iron Man 2, you can tell he's not a trained actor, but he tries his best. Should've seen this coming. Since the meme review with Justin Roiland it was clear they were good buddies.

Consistency would suggest they publish articles about Musk's net worth every time TSLA moves up and down, because it's always very volatile. I guess it's more click worthy to appeal to people's schadenfreude instincts, though.
Yeah, that headline seemed really cherry picked. Losing $768M in net worth sucks, but it's slightly tempered by the $1.5B he gained over the previous 3 weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving from Elon... Elon Musk on Twitter

IMG_2880.JPG

Last edited:
Day 1 of the trial. Musk takes the stand and claims that "pedo guy" is a generic insult for old men in South Africa, and that it wasn't meant to be taken literally. His claims are undermined by a subsequent tweet, introduced as evidence, saying that he thinks it is likely true.

Then the Buzzfeed emails and the fact that he hired a private investigator is also brought up.

• Disagree
Reactions: mongo
Day 1 of the trial. Musk takes the stand and claims that "pedo guy" is a generic insult for old men in South Africa, and that it wasn't meant to be taken literally. His claims are undermined by a subsequent tweet, introduced as evidence, saying that he thinks it is likely true.

Then the Buzzfeed emails and the fact that he hired a private investigator is also brought up.
One can make an offhand comment at one point in time that one later wonders if it may be true. That in no way changes what your state of mind was during the first utterance, which is the only item up for debate at this trial since the BuzzFeed "leak" was apparently pre-approved and possibly even encouraged by Unsworth's lawyer and withdrawn post evidentiary phase.

This thread seems to have people who have already reached their verdict, so thankfully none of us are neither judge nor jury. Someone else is tasked with that, and we can see what they conclude based on the full evidence that is provided to them.

Last edited:
One can make an offhand comment at one point in time that one later wonders if it may be true. That in no way changes what your state of mind was during the first utterance, which is the only item up for debate at this trial since the BuzzFeed "leak" was apparently pre-approved and possibly even encouraged by Unsworth's lawyer and withdrawn post evidentiary phase.

Interesting new conspiracy theory, where does this one come from? I wonder if his legal team will dare spout such nonsense at his trial.

Even without the email his subsequent "bet ya a signed dollar it’s true" tweet suggests that he did think it was true. And in any case his state of mind isn't the only issue, it's what effect the tweet had on his victim. Saying something untrue which results in suffering and losses, even if unintentional, can be litigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.