Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
flat_1000x1000_075_f.u1_390d1b31-2dff-4f9e-af2b-3189ebd17c43.jpg

It's just a wild guess but latest series of tweets and instagram posts looking to me like an indication of him leaving Tesla as CEO. He's helped the company to cross the dangerous road and wants to focus on Mars and more boring things. It wouldn't be an odd timing either: Tesla's mission to accelerate the advent of sustainable transport is well underway; the major car companies of the world are transitioning to EVS by now (at least they have laid out serious plans to do so in the next years).

There have been rumors he'd step down once the Model 3 was on the market and it's pretty much there now. I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down around the end of the year. I would expect JB Straubel to become the face of the company if not the CEO. He's been the #2 spokesperson at Tesla for a while now and I think he would make a good CEO.

I also would expect Musk to remain on the board, possibly as chair for a while.

Elon has been burning the candle at both ends between Tesla and SpaceX for a while. It's time he gets a bit of a break.

There have been rumors he'd step down once the Model 3 was on the market and it's pretty much there now. I wouldn't be surprised if he steps down around the end of the year. I would expect JB Straubel to become the face of the company if not the CEO. He's been the #2 spokesperson at Tesla for a while now and I think he would make a good CEO.

I also would expect Musk to remain on the board, possibly as chair for a while.

Elon has been burning the candle at both ends between Tesla and SpaceX for a while. It's time he gets a bit of a break.

He’s not stepping down or leaving Tesla. He changed his mind a long time ago. He’s building a trillion dollar family empire now.

Reactions: EinSV
Elon has said many times that he will never leave Tesla. I expect him to always be at least the official head of the company even if his day-to-day involvement is minimal
I don't see him stepping down anytime soon.
at some point he might not have a choice about remaining, since there is stock issued, it is conceivable that at some point in time that someone could buy enough stock to have a voice about who sits on the board and who is chairman of that board and who are the company's officers. J/S

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
at some point he might not have a choice about remaining, since there is stock issued, it is conceivable that at some point in time that someone could buy enough stock to have a voice about who sits on the board and who is chairman of that board and who are the company's officers. J/S
It was my understanding that he has a majority stake to avoid this exact scenario, since it happened to him at PayPal. That may have changed, but it was outlined in Vance’s book.

I think Elon currently owns about 20% of the company, but according to this, institutions own 37% and mutual funds another 19%.

TSLA | Stock Ownership & Insiders - Fidelity

As long as Tesla's stock is performing well, the institutions have no interest in ousting the leadership of the company, but they do have a majority and could force the current leadership out if they wanted to gang up on them. I'm sure Elon, or whoever replaces him if he does step down as CEO would point out Apple limped along after the bean counters forced Steve Jobs and Steve Wosniak out and it only became the company it is today when Steve Jobs came back and breathed new life into the company.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.