Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think that some subjects are off limits for discussion.

Things like commenting on anyone's private life, appearance, body parts, body weight and similar.

There is no gain in crossing some lines, just a big risk of bad form. It would be nice if this thread disappears into oblivion.

I'd like to think that some subjects are off limits for discussion.

Things like commenting on anyone's private life, appearance, body parts, body weight and similar.

There is no gain in crossing some lines, just a big risk of bad form. It would be nice if this thread disappears into oblivion.

No, this is a giant leap forward for progress. Now instead of only caring only about how women look, we will start applying the same impossible standards of competence and attractiveness to men as well.

This board never ceases to amaze me. If your going to use his weight as a stock indicator
1. Your crazy
2. Look at his wife's Instagram picture, he looks quite thin

these posts I read is why I have previously left the board. Will limit myself to 5 minutes a month reading the board.

No, this is a giant leap forward for progress. Now instead of only caring only about how women look, we will start applying the same impossible standards of competence and attractiveness to men as well.

Happy to see some levelling of the playing field, but some rewiring might be in order before we make any progress

Damn standards interfere with my daily chocolate intake

It's still all-or-nothing and he is really fighting for it - personally. That's what others don't have.

He got all-in at a time, he could have go in relax-mode and live on what he earned with PayPal.

But he went on for good.

I wish him (and us) a tremendous success with Model X now and later with M3!!!!

Gosh, he's almost in tears in the first video at 35:10. :(
Sorry for digressing but this is part of the reason I have a huge engineer-bro-awe, respect for him and feel his pain when he finds himself emotional with his passionate undertakings hurt by indifferent people some of whom are his idols. I remember another instance where he talks about how his heroes Neil Armstrong and Eugene Cernan testified against SpaceX: Elon Musk almost crying - YouTube

Just read Tim Urban's last blog post.

Basically I agree with him. I know I said it before here on TMC: Musk has this wonderful way of thinking clearly, cleanly and without all the regular biases about stuff, both large and small.

After "meeting" him at the US Ambassador's mansion in Oslo in 2012 I hot this slight Aspberger vibe from watching and hearing him speak in person. I have later retracted that prejudice and I've come to understand that he likely has a rare ability to combine an Apsberger-like way of thinking (mostly analytically) with a more "normal" emphatic/emotional kind if thinking; without getting confounded by the emotional component.

Yes I am a Musketeer. But we also have to acknowledge that if everyone was, thought and acted lime him then in all likelihood the world would not work that well...

Last edited:
After "meeting" him at the US Ambassador's mansion in Oslo in 2012 I hot this slight Aspberger vibe from watching and hearing him speak in person. I have later retracted that prejudice and I've come to understand that he likely has a rare ability to combine an Apsberger-like way of thinking (mostly analytically) with a more "normal" emphatic/emotional kind if thinking; without getting confounded by the emotional component.
While I've never seen him in person, the video clips I've watched led me to a similar hypothesis. However, I too suspect he's simply higher on the spectrum than the average person, but not within the range to be labeled... I personally would NOT associate that sort of thinking with any sort of prejudice though as I believe there have been many great people in history who were not unlike him... and that's what made them great. Before we had a label for it, they were just smarter, more focused and less sociable than the rest of us.

I agree, we wouldn't want a world that was filled with people who thought and acted just as he does (or maybe we would - Vulcan-like in some respects? :cool: ), but they certainly do more moving and shaking than most. When harnessed for good, it's a wonderful thing... :smile: When it's not... well... we get Putin... :frown:

In the end, it's our actions we're judged by, not what we say... Musk has certainly DONE more good than many of us combined.

Elon Musk - Big Bang Theory Nov 26

Elon Musk guest appearance on Big Bang Theory. So excited! :love::love:

Attachments

• tbbt-elon.jpg
    tbbt-elon.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.