Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NY Times and their anonymous sources, to paraphrase Rob from Tesla Daily. They had an hour with him and asked him nothing about the issues they accused Tesla of in the article. Hit piece. It seems to be working. I have friends who ask "I heard Teslas catch fire a lot"

-Randy

Elon Musk had a live, videotaped interview with Marques Brownlee on the same day he spoke to The NY Times ... In the 18 minutes of interview footage, Musk’s demeanor is completely at odds with the NY Times’ portrayal of his condition that day.

Just perhaps Musk is being even shrewder than most give him credit for.
If he is going to take Tesla private at $420, it is not in his interest now to ramp the stock price or $420 won't be sufficient premium. So calm things down a bit, play on the overworked aspect, let the shorts win a minor battle, take it private and the war is won. And good luck to him and Tesla too.

True? - who knows
Possible? - Elon is no fool.

• Informative
Reactions: PaulusdB
Read it again. Worst is yet to come is in reference to personal anguish from shorts and people who take what he says out of context.

Possible? - Elon is no fool.

Sometimes in conversation among my friends, one person will counter the Tesla advocates with the phrase "A fool and his money are soon parted".

I like to point out that Musk isn't the fool, he is the 'parter' ;)

Elon Musk had a live, videotaped interview with Marques Brownlee on the same day he spoke to The NY Times:

In the 18 minutes of interview footage, Musk’s demeanor is completely at odds with the NY Times’ portrayal of his condition that day.

That was a good interview. You can tell how thoughtful he is when he answers questions. It's not BS. He is answering questions with an engineering / physics brain.

He should hire an assistant that has an engineering degree to shadow him all day long to help make him more productive...and to let Elon take a break from time to time to get 8 hours sleep (or more) & to take a long weekend. imho

Elon is being repeatedly and continuously attacked, by the automotive, fossil fuel, financial and advertising industries. No one should be surprised by this. He is advancing sustainable transportation and renewable energy. This flies in the face of their economic interests.

This is and will continue to be a dirty knife fight.

I completely support Elon.

He should hire an assistant that has an engineering degree to shadow him all day long to help make him more productive...and to let Elon take a break from time to time to get 8 hours sleep (or more) & to take a long weekend. imho

IMHO, Elon isn't slowing down until 10k/week and short range is shipping. I've spent this much time between work and doing things I've loved before. That is how engineering nerds work. I wouldn't take a break if I were him either.

edit - it's why I can't have enough disdain for those betting against him. A bunch of loud mouthed do-nothings

Elon is being repeatedly and continuously attacked, by the automotive, fossil fuel, financial and advertising industries. No one should be surprised by this. He is advancing sustainable transportation and renewable energy. This flies in the face of their economic interests.

This is and will continue to be a dirty knife fight.

I completely support Elon.

Agree. One problem is that Elon is in a dirty knife fight; but it seems to be him against 100 fighters. He needs more people helping him (other companies pushing EV, Energy Storage, PV, etc.) .

NY Times and their anonymous sources, to paraphrase Rob from Tesla Daily. They had an hour with him and asked him nothing about the issues they accused Tesla of in the article. Hit piece. It seems to be working. I have friends who ask "I heard Teslas catch fire a lot"
And if they do it for this topic, imagine how many other times they may be getting away with it based on what was once their good reputation. Carlos Slim isn't your friend. NYT has recently even shown they have no qualms with hiring racists (just so long as the target ethnicity is not yet a minority). These are not the hallmarks of an unbiased news organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.