Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting new conspiracy theory, where does this one come from? I wonder if his legal team will dare spout such nonsense at his trial.
It was in one of the filings as an exhibit. Do you have another reason why they dropped the BuzzFeed article?

Even without the email his subsequent "bet ya a signed dollar it’s true" tweet suggests that he did think it was true. And in any case his state of mind isn't the only issue, it's what effect the tweet had on his victim. Saying something untrue which results in suffering and losses, even if unintentional, can be litigated.

A signed dollar is not a high level of confidence.
Bad choice of words on my part, state of mind refered to time limiting Elon's actions/ intent (vs including the later investigation). As you said, there is more involved than just what Elon meant.

Unsworth on the stand today. Feels humiliated and hurt, nothing very interesting.

Cave diver says Elon Musk tweets 'humiliated' him

Musk should be held accountable for his behavior in this matter. But not a big deal for Musk's companies IMO. The most interesting aspect is his lack of self control and self discipline during that time period. And of course pursuing the dumb idea of a rigid "submarine" as a rescue technique.

Musk is certainly following the well worn path of previous inventor genus industrialist weirdos, including Nikola Tesla himself.

Musk should be held accountable for his behavior in this matter. But not a big deal for Musk's companies IMO. The most interesting aspect is his lack of self control and self discipline during that time period. And of course pursuing the dumb idea of a rigid "submarine" as a rescue technique.

Putting in 80-120 hour weeks is not good for anyone's state of mind.

He initially passed on helping with the resuce. Then after further requests, used the materials readily on hand (SpaceX fuel tube) to build a potential device. Also kept in contact with people on the design and flew it out.
It was never thought to be ideal, it was the fastest option they could put together. Had the kids not gotten out when they did (and assuming it fit) it could have been helpful.

Reactions: Lasairfion

Musk is certainly following the well worn path of previous inventor genus industrialist weirdos, including Nikola Tesla himself.

If Unsworth wins, this could set a major precedent. Trump should also be held accountable. His tweets are actually detrimental to people...unlike Unsworth’s BS claim. Unsworth is no saint by any means. He was the first to go for telling Musk to shove his sub up his a**.
Letting Unsworth get away with that BS is akin to people caving into patent trolls instead of fighting back. Musk wasn’t in the right either but no money should be exchanged. Musk already deleted the tweet and apologized long ago.

If Unsworth wins, this could set a major precedent. Trump should also be held accountable. His tweets are actually detrimental to people...unlike Unsworth’s BS claim. Unsworth is no saint by any means. He was the first to go for telling Musk to shove his sub up his a**.
Letting Unsworth get away with that BS is akin to people caving into patent trolls instead of fighting back. Musk wasn’t in the right either but no money should be exchanged. Musk already deleted the tweet and apologized long ago.

Are you sure that Trump won't be sued by the non-public people he has liable and slandered after he leaves office? He likely faces many civil cases and criminal prosecutions.

I'm in favor of holding everyone accountable. If you were repeatedly called a pedo by Musk I am sure you would sue him if you could.

I haven't followed the lawsuit closely. I assume Musk has no evidence to support his pedo claim.

Are you sure that Trump won't be sued by the non-public people he has liable and slandered after he leaves office? He likely faces many civil cases and criminal prosecutions.

I'm in favor of holding everyone accountable. If you were repeatedly called a pedo by Musk I am sure you would sue him if you could.

I haven't followed the lawsuit closely. I assume Musk has no evidence to support his pedo claim.

“Pedo guy”. Not necessarily means pedophile

Elon Musk Says “Pedo Guy” Was a Common Insult in His Youth. We Checked With 17 of His Schoolmates.

If I was called a name out of the blue by Musk with no provocation from me? Then yes I’d sue. But Unsworth started the whole thing by going on TV (which was broadcast in MANY locations) and specifically said Musk should shove the sub where it don’t shine.
Elon Musk can 'stick his submarine where it hurts', says Thai cave rescuer diver

sorry...but I can see where Musk would have been ticked. Especially after he dedicated several people to the task working long hours.

Quoting from that article:

"Although a majority of the alumni did not specifically remember “pedo guy” as an insult, many of them did say that slurs were commonplace during their high school days, particularly racist and homophobic ones."

So his defence is that he was acting like a schoolboy and everyone should like at the then 46 year old head of multiple major tech companies and interpret his words in that context.

Quoting from that article:

"Although a majority of the alumni did not specifically remember “pedo guy” as an insult, many of them did say that slurs were commonplace during their high school days, particularly racist and homophobic ones."

So his defence is that he was acting like a schoolboy and everyone should like at the then 46 year old head of multiple major tech companies and interpret his words in that context.

He cracked. It happens. Still shouldn’t pay that guy.

Calling someone a "pedo". Claiming he married a child bride. Hiring an investigator to prove his claims. Repeating the accusation several times. Yet according to an US court that's just an insult. Right.
Unsworth's biggest mistake was to believe that he would get justice in the US. He should have lodged his lawsuit in the UK.

The court case was only about the initial tweet (due to the Unsworth's lawyer dropping the rest).
Read the pre trial fillings if you really care about why they dropped the rest and what went on after the Tweet.

Reactions: SO16
All this guy had to do was graciously say "thank you for the support Elon" in public and then quietly, behind the scenes work to postpone using the submarine until after his method was tried first. That's what anyone with any political skills would have done; work behind the scenes.

Instead he got into a media spat with a Meme Lord. He had this coming. Don't publicly attack people who are spending their time and money trying to help in a crisis. He broke the 19th Law of Power "Know who you are dealing with, don't offend the wrong person"

He went from a hero to a butthurt loser with a bunch of legal bills.

Reactions: Lchamp
All this guy had to do was graciously say "thank you for the support Elon" in public and then quietly, behind the scenes work to postpone using the submarine until after his method was tried first. That's what anyone with any political skills would have done; work behind the scenes.

What guy are you talking about? Vernon didn't plan the rescue, and the minisub didn't arrive until after they had started getting the kids out.

Reactions: PaulusdB
Status
Not open for further replies.