Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First-hand report from Emmet Peppers who was at the gig. Initially "whole crowd was so ecstatic I mean I was happy but everyone around me in the whole crowd was just like cheering and whistling it was just like pure Euphoria", then 10% approx/max booing after Dave introduced Elon as being world's richest man & egged on booing members of crowd (continuing style/theme of past 90 minutes of Dave Chappelle's gig) . Perhaps anyone believing hatestream media should reassess their information source biases.

um after a few minutes in the first minute or so the whole crowd was so ecstatic I mean I was happy but everyone
2:01
around me in the whole crowd was just like cheering and whistling it was just like pure Euphoria
like I couldn't hear
2:06
any booze in that first minute I don't know if you looked at the video people shared a video you weren't allowed to have cameras they were very strict about
2:12
that that's why I was so slow getting in they made everyone put their cameras in like this locked bag
2:17
they give you like the special pouch to put your phones in and they lock it with
2:23
some special magnet that you can only unlock it when you come out of the thing and they say like signs if you see any
2:28
phones we take it from you and we kick kick you out and so most people adhere to that but I guess there was like a
2:34
couple of YouTubers out of the 20 000 people that you know they made there's some videos that have come out today and
2:40
surfaced but it was against the venues um you know security measures or whatever and so anyway so everyone was
2:48
excited and there was a couple videos that showed and you can see on the video when you watch it the first minute or so everyone's cheering I hardly hear any
2:54
booze I don't hear any booze but Dave Chappelle kind of like brings it out you know he's he's the one who's kind of
3:01
like draws it out and is like oh those are you Boeing too huh and like you could tell he's just trying to egg them
3:06
on and make fun of them and then the few booers like the 10 or 20 of the credit was much quieter the booing versus everyone cheering before that you know
3:13
start booing and it was from a section like maybe the other side of the stadium or something not close to me no one in
3:20
my vicinity of the 100 people around me were booing
that I could tell at all um but there was like a certain area
3:26
where there was a some booze coming from maybe and he was just kind of egging them on and messing with them he was
3:31
messing with the crowd a lot like leading up to that for the hour and a half of his routine
leading up to that

First-hand report from Emmet Peppers who was at the gig. Initially "whole crowd was so ecstatic I mean I was happy but everyone around me in the whole crowd was just like cheering and whistling it was just like pure Euphoria", then 10% approx/max booing after Dave introduced Elon as being world's richest man & egged on booing members of crowd (continuing style/theme of past 90 minutes of Dave Chappelle's gig) . Perhaps anyone believing hatestream media should reassess their information source biases.
Right, only 10% of the crowd were booing yet it stunned both Dave and Elon. More likely Emmet was surrounded by fan boys and didn't have a good concept of what percentage were booing.

As the CEO Elon has a fiduciary duty to the stockholders. They can sue if his actions are tanking the stock.

That seems more likely than the board firing him. But a lawsuit by "stockholders" doesn't necessarily mean he'll remove himself from his position. In the end, he still effectively owns the company. And if he sells all his shares that will really tank the share price.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Right, only 10% of the crowd were booing yet it stunned both Dave and Elon. More likely Emmet was surrounded by fan boys and didn't have a good concept of what percentage were booing.
Timing aspect according to Emmet. Initially cheers, later booing when Dave C egged them on (as a continuation of a theme in his show for the last 90 minutes). I haven't seen video of Elon from the start to finish on stage. There were lots of cheers, rarely reported. This is bias.

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
According to Emmet Peppers... Tesla investor and full time Musk apologist. Great source. smh.
Peppers' interpretation is similar to Elon saying that 90% of the audience was cheering. If so, why did Twitter delete the video? This won't be the last time that Elon will be booed, unless he never appears publicly again. He's slowly becoming the character that he played on SNL.

Peppers' interpretation is similar to Elon saying that 90% of the audience was cheering. If so, why did Twitter delete the video? This won't be the last time that Elon will be booed, unless he never appears publicly again. He's slowly becoming the character that he played on SNL.
Can’t say for sure but the video was not supposed to be taken in the first place. That “might” have something to do with it.

The fact that he's being totally booed off stage and says it was only 10% is so Donald Trump.
"it was 90% cheers... says Elon"
"yeah, it was only a smattering of boos.... says Elon investor bro"

sheep: "well, I guess that's settled then."

jfc
Being booed off stage and defiantly saying it was 90% cheers is right out of the Trump playbook of denial.

Status
Not open for further replies.