Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This shows they are aware that many owners are unhappy with certain changes to 7.0.

i tweeted my response -- got the key things: time, temp, battery always visible. Bring back Trip A and B. Mentioned contrast of dash too dark also...

Also glad to see a lot of requests for Apple CarPlay in the tweets!

> Tesla will have all of its developers sitting on their hands until they have regulatory approval from European countries. 8-|

Fresh rumour here in Denmark has it that "the cars used by Tesla staff [in Denmark]" (demo cars??, own cars??) already have 7.0 running, there should be no special problems with regulatory approval, and that rollout is imminent (like in a week).

Again, Europe is not a state. It is 30+ separate states, some of them members of the EU (and some, in Tesla sense, prominent ones are not, like Norway). Each EU state probably has their own interpretation of, what the are obliged to wrt EU. Some states might require approval, other probably dont care (and epecially one state makes a sizeable fraction of the luxury cars of the world :). And nothing has been mentioned public (which it likely would, if some authority thought it was a big deal).

Huh? Are you looking at a different tweet than the rest of us?

give me a sec to bring up the tweet.

----
Here it is :

- - - Updated - - -

I read the tweet Elon put out as "What esthetic and functionality improvements would you like to see in the 7.1 UI : overhaul? Or new features entirely.

I put the colon after 7.1 UI since that is how I read it.

Ok, you edited the tweet to be something other than what he wrote. Well, I can't argue with that logic.

To be fair, in twitter his line ended with 7.1 UI and the next line started with overhaul
And it doesn't read properly without pausing after " 7.1 UI " because the next sentence starts with "Or" , so it is comparing it to his earlier choice of "overhaul".

Anyway, it was nice to see Elon on twitter yesterday. And I'm sure we/I could spend months reading into his tweets.

To be fair, in twitter his line ended with 7.1 UI and the next line started with overhaul

No it doesn't. Twitter doesn't have linefeeds - if you saw "overhaul" on a new line it's your twitter client doing this. This is what twitter.com shows:
tweet.png

He just meant "UI overhaul" as a single concept. Since 7.1 is widely known as being a release to update the UI (and which will bring classic Model'S more in line with the ugly new design - as per his previous tweet).

So this has always been a problem, but does anyone else think that the dome lights stay on too long when the door is closed? Many passengers have complained in the back seat that the lights are shining right in the face for what seems like forever (60 seconds). I have never owned a car in which the lights don't immediately shut off when the doors are shut, or at least stay on for a maximum of like 10 seconds. Even though there is an off switch for the lights, it's time consuming to go into controls and always put it back in auto, and I'd like there to be a user settable timer for the dome lights. Anyone else?

Changes Tesla should make to address owner frustrations over the V7 UI changes:

1. Give drivers several options for the speedometer and dashboard display - let drivers decide what works best for them
  2. Provide a mock up of proposed UI changes to owners and ask for their opinions BEFORE implementation
  3. Implement what Musk has previously promised - an "open beta" program for new software releases - getting input from more owners WHILE the software is still under development would likely have avoided at least most of the frustrations with the V7 UI

This shows they are aware that many owners are unhappy with certain changes to 7.0.

i tweeted my response -- got the key things: time, temp, battery always visible. Bring back Trip A and B. Mentioned contrast of dash too dark also...

Also glad to see a lot of requests for Apple CarPlay in the tweets!

While I'm sure they're aware that people are upset, don't forget that Elon Tweeted either the day before or the day of v7.0 release that there were good things coming to the UI in v7.1...I think they knew that 7.0 was less than ideal, but didn't have the UI ready and wanted to get AP on the road.

I am a bit confused why they need to ask for suggestions and agree that it may be 'Tweet bait'..Doesn't everyone here submit any change suggestions to the servicehelp email (previously ownership)? I have sent a plethora of ideas/feelings about things that should be different or were changed to be less functional. I doubt they really need tweeter input from non-owners too.
I'd like to see something like the beta S screen firmware with all of the blue colors. might not like it but would like some color options.
Temperature info for components would be nice ...elevation should have been always included as well as wind speed/direction as these can severely impact range. These haven't been added yet

I am a bit confused why they need to ask for suggestions and agree that it may be 'Tweet bait'..Doesn't everyone here submit any change suggestions to the servicehelp email (previously ownership)? I have sent a plethora of ideas/feelings about things that should be different or were changed to be less functional. I doubt they really need tweeter input from non-owners too.

Lots of people who don't have the ability to implement an idea, or the means to buy a product can still have good ideas, so why not ask? Twitter is cheap.