Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extremely Frustrated with Tesla Service..Need Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is part of the long-term problem with Tesla's development path so far: they ALWAYS choose to work on the headline-generating feature. A recent example: the feature to prevent dog/children from overheating when forgotten in the car, which limits to 105*F and is off by default! We have a pretty new UI for the second time in a 18 months! I get it: press == sales, but this behavior is not sustainable. You have half the car on the cutting edge of what's possible, but the other half lacks the fundamental basics expected of vehicles in its price range.

That feature is ON by default. At least on my car it was...

Reactions: msnow
This is part of the long-term problem with Tesla's development path so far: they ALWAYS choose to work on the headline-generating feature. A recent example: the feature to prevent dog/children from overheating when forgotten in the car, which limits to 105*F and is off by default! We have a pretty new UI for the second time in a 18 months! I get it: press == sales, but this behavior is not sustainable. You have half the car on the cutting edge of what's possible, but the other half lacks the fundamental basics expected of vehicles in its price range.
Look shiny!

• Funny
Reactions: Gizmotoy
It seems each service center deals with problems differently which surprises me given that they are all Tesla owned. A few months ago, my MS threw a bunch of errors on screen such as Traction Control disabled, etc. Although the car was still drive-able, after the technician on the phone couldn't remotely get the errors to clear, sent someone to my house with a loaner MS and drove mine to the service center.

I was impressed and think that's exactly how Tesla should be known for -- this type of service. I would have thought everyone would get similar treatment. In the case of the original poster, his car is technically drive-able, but not easily done. So I would have thought they would have sent someone out to his house with a replacement, just as they did for me.

I really hope the service quality doesn't deteriorate as more Tesla's appear on the road. But based on the experiences in these posts, and the number of M3's we'll be seeing on the road in the upcoming years, I highly doubt I will continue to receive the excellent service I have experienced so far...time will tell.

Just a thought, but if the motor is already permanently running to pull the handle back in, how would you get a string behind it in the first place? you'd have to get the handle to extend, and if you could do that, this wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

You can use a business card or any thin object to slide behind the handle. The spring isn't that strong.

It is for these reasons that I plan on trading in the S for the 3 once it comes out. I'm hoping the fewer complications in the design of the car will lead to a more stress-free ownership experience

Uhhhhh, If you are thinking that a brand new product in this segment is going to be less reliable than the MS you are in for quite a shock. Look at all of the production issues plaguing the early adopter Model X owners and they are limited compared to the flood gates that will open when the M3 is released.

I have also had a similar experience with Tesla Service. Mine started making constant buzzing high pitched noise (all the time) and when the service guy looked at told me that he has not heard it before I thought the problem is easy to resolve. Then they called and told it is coming from coolant pump and is normal to have coolant pump running all the time. I told them it did not make sense the coolant pump(s) to be running all the time even when the car parked and not charging for a long periods of time. After literally telling them that it is a defective car and told them that the loaner is lot quieter than the car I have they went back to engineers and were able to find a defective pump that is causing all pumps to run all the time. Replaced the pump and all is well now. While picking up the car also they did not go through service performed. I think my Honda service experience is far better than this.

My question is who should we talk to if local service center fails to do their job correctly? I want to give a very bad response in the survey they sent me. Any numbers/e-mail info to contact Tesla directly to complaint would be very helpful.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
I have also had a similar experience with Tesla Service. Mine started making constant buzzing high pitched noise (all the time) and when the service guy looked at told me that he has not heard it before I thought the problem is easy to resolve. Then they called and told it is coming from coolant pump and is normal to have coolant pump running all the time. I told them it did not make sense the coolant pump(s) to be running all the time even when the car parked and not charging for a long periods of time. After literally telling them that it is a defective car and told them that the loaner is lot quieter than the car I have they went back to engineers and were able to find a defective pump that is causing all pumps to run all the time. Replaced the pump and all is well now. While picking up the car also they did not go through service performed. I think my Honda service experience is far better than this.

My question is who should we talk to if local service center fails to do their job correctly? I want to give a very bad response in the survey they sent me. Any numbers/e-mail info to contact Tesla directly to complaint would be very helpful.
Ask them for the contact information of their regional manager.