Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are now over 50k Reservations in 24 hours, not bad.

That big frunk is begging to hold a quarter keg inside an electric fridge. This thing is begging to be the party center for football tailgating. All those outlets and no stinky generator exhaust. What a party center for sports or racing events.

Seem fishy. That would put them over 21k by the time I put in mine, within 5 minutes of the program starting.

People with later times are claiming #'s lower than mine. I don't think they are sequential. I think Ford would want to control release of reservation numbers, not make it easy for randos on line to figure it out.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Im at 14000, rumor is 40k total for the first year. I'm looking at the Lariat with extended battery and Tow Tech Package.
Awesome, thinking about the same configuration here! One of the things I was a bit concerned with in their presentation, and this is petty, but there was no mention of a panoramic moon/sun roof but the Lariat has an option for that.

Also looking at Antimatter blue. Love the colors they offer so that'll probably change over the next ten months or so. And luckily, if they do make 40k the first year, that'll put us both in the early part of next year to get one!

Awesome, thinking about the same configuration here! One of the things I was a bit concerned with in their presentation, and this is petty, but there was no mention of a panoramic moon/sun roof but the Lariat has an option for that.

Also looking at Antimatter blue. Love the colors they offer so that'll probably change over the next ten months or so. And luckily, if they do make 40k the first year, that'll put us both in the early part of next year to get one!

Good point! I forgot about the Dual Moonroof. Supposedly there will be more information on Monday.

Reactions: El joe
Or they might be doing what I suspect and making EV’s so inconvenient for people they want to stick with ICE. I mean 230 starting range is honestly pathetic for a Truck, even a Mach-E in my opinion. Then you have to consider their pathetic nonexistent charging network.

On the other hand, you are right this might give them a kick in the ass to take existing charging networks and make them their own
Except the real question is how "real" is that range? Porsche's range has generally proved to be very conservative. Tesla's range's are typically wishful thinking. I would prefer a more honest range.

Except the real question is how "real" is that range? Porsche's range has generally proved to be very conservative. Tesla's range's are typically wishful thinking. I would prefer a more honest range.
True. Even if Ford matches this estimated EPA range, it'll seem like a steal at $40k or even $52k new, TBH. My Model 3 doesn't get that much real-life range and was in that same price range when I bought it used last year.

That big frunk is begging to hold a quarter keg inside an electric fridge. This thing is begging to be the party center for football tailgating. All those outlets and no stinky generator exhaust. What a party center for sports or racing events.

Oh hell yes. Can you imagine the tailgating scenarios this thing will be powering? Full DJ setup, Flat screen, and a frunk full of ice and beers.

Ford simply nailed it with the frunk.

True. Even if Ford matches this estimated EPA range, it'll seem like a steal at $40k or even $52k new, TBH. My Model 3 doesn't get that much real-life range and was in that same price range when I bought it used last year.
with the tax credit, and potentially other discounts (dealer incentives, and maybe other hokey pokey discounts like being part of certain clubs, work at certain companies, etc), and affordable on most aftermarket add-ons/accessories (since it most likely will be the same as the ice version), it is a value play

the XLT for $52k has 230 miles range estimated with the standard battery. The extended battery will be noticeably more.

Interesting truck and price point.

Looks like standard model at 39k doesn't have much (they didn't even list the specs which is very doggy). XT and higher trims will have the offline power grid (but at that stage its already > 55k) and still has cloth seats. Also I don't like the interior. very outdated. somehow they though by putting a large center screen would bring the truck to the 21st century.

I do like the following features;
* offline power grid
* 240V plug - so you will be able to theoretically charge the cybertruck using that slot :)
* due to the boxy design, the frunk is massive and will be very useful to store even more items. maybe a large boombox / subwoofer should go there for party time.